Passport information

Kattus

Our cruise to Bermuda is scheduled for October 27th, and the payment deadline is August 13th. My TA is auto-debiting my card, and Princess has my credit card on file, but we have not received our passports to know what our passport numbers are. Will Princess cancel our booking if we don't have this information in by the deadline? (we should have our passports by beginning of September)

Thanks in advance!

Will Princess cancel our booking if we don't have this information in by the deadline? (we should have our passports by beginning of September)

You're going to be fine. Princess will not cancel your booking.

FYI we received our new passports in about 21 days after we mailed the applications in May.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Wait a minute - do you have to have your passport information entered into Cruise Personalizer before final payment is due?

If so, that's the first time I've run into this and it will be good to know that.

I usually don't enter all that information until almost cruise time.

Thanks.

We just went through this a week ago. We have a cruise coming up in 4 weeks. I had completed all my personal info, including passport #, etc. We were waiting for DH's new passport to arrive so we could enter his info. Last week Princess sent us an e-mail reminding us to finish filling out our information. As soon as his passport arrived, we finished our immigration form, etc. and were good to go. You don't have to have it in by the time final payment is due, but must have it in a certain number of days before you sail. Maybe someone else can tell us that info. By the way, while we were told it could take 6 weeks to receive the new passport, it arrived in 2+ weeks!

Wait a minute - do you have to have your passport information entered into Cruise Personalizer before final payment is due?

If so, that's the first time I've run into this and it will be good to know that.

You're reading something that isn't there. There's no such requirement.

Lew

From Cruise Personalizer:

WHTI-COMPLIANT DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security enforces secure document requirements.

Only passports or Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant

documents are accepted to embark your cruise. U.S. and Canadian passport

holders must present one of the following valid documents: Passport Book

(RECOMMENDED); U.S. Passport Card; U.S. or Canadian issued Enhanced Driver's

License (EDL); U.S. or Canadian issued "Non-Driver" Identification Card; NEXUS,

SENTRI or FAST Card. For information regarding WHTI compliant documents, visit

www.getyouhome.gov. U.S. citizens ages 16 and above may present a Certified

Birth Certificate together with valid photo identification. U.S. and Canadian

citizens aged 15 years and younger may sail with a Birth Certificate. U.S.

Permanent Residents must present a valid Permanent Resident Card. Canadian

Permanent Residents must present a valid passport and Permanent Resident Card.

CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS FOR DEPARTURES FROM U.S. PORTS

You are required to provide complete and accurate immigration information in

advance of your cruise via the Cruise Personalizer at princess.com up

to 2 days prior to sailing. If you have not provided your details in advance

you MUST be checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled

departure time or you will be denied boarding

No. You have to have your documentation squared away a few days before departure, but not at the time of final payment which is quite a bit earlier.

CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS FOR DEPARTURES FROM U.S. PORTS

You are required to provide complete and accurate immigration information in

advance of your cruise via the Cruise Personalizer at princess.com up

to 2 days prior to sailing. If you have not provided your details in advance

you MUST be checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled

departure time or you will be denied boarding

Kinda funny how they say "You are required ..." and then provide you an alternative if you did not fulfill the requirement (check-in lo later than 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure time). Not really a 2 day advance requirement, rather it is an either / or situation.

Kinda funny how they say "You are required ..." and then provide you an alternative if you did not fulfill the requirement (check-in lo later than 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure time). Not really a 2 day advance requirement, rather it is an either / or situation.

Not at all...

The 90 minute check-in requirement refers to presenting yourself at the check-in desk at the cruise port on the day of embarkation. The 2-day requirement refers to completion of your personal information, including passport information, in your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website. They're really two very different things.

Lew

Sorry, Lew, but you are misreading. The Princess instructions clearly say "If you have not provided your details in advance...."

So Princess is addressing precisely those people who have not followed the 2-day requirement on Cruise Personalizer. Beg3yrs is correct!

Sorry, Lew, but you are misreading. The Princess instructions clearly say "If you have not provided your details in advance...."

So Princess is addressing precisely those people who have not followed the 2-day requirement on Cruise Personalizer. Beg3yrs is correct!

You're absolutely correct! Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

My apologies to beg3yrs...

Lew

You're absolutely correct! Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

My apologies to beg3yrs...

Lew

No offense taken! It's always interesting to see how there will be multiple interpretations of the same statement.

:)

I don't read it as a free choice either/or... more like, it is strongly recommended you provide your details online 2 days in advance, else, you will have to go through the full checkin process at the pier, and you'd better get there early, b/c if it's not completed 90 minutes prior to sailing, you're not getting on the ship.

after final payment, but had not received our new passports back....

It was not an issue at all...just logged the info when we got it..

It took exactly 21 days from the time they received our passport

renewals to get the new ones in the mail.

Bernadette

I don't read it as a free choice either/or... more like, it is strongly recommended you provide your details online 2 days in advance, else, you will have to go through the full checkin process at the pier, and you'd better get there early, b/c if it's not completed 90 minutes prior to sailing, you're not getting on the ship.

Good point and that's exactly how I treat it myself. Best option is to get everything done ahead of time. If you don't, you still have a chance but the window of opportunity is 90 minutes smaller. I'm just griping about the use of the word "requirement" rather than using your "strongly recommended."

I have an engineering background and requirements are supposed to be treated as a "must do", if not, we called them "desirements." I think that is what Princess' statement really is. You see this kind of language throughout their other literature as well.

Maybe they do this so us CC folk have plenty to discuss. ;)

I have an engineering background and requirements are supposed to be treated as a "must do", if not, we called them "desirements." I think that is what Princess' statement really is. You see this kind of language throughout their other literature as well.

Maybe they do this so us CC folk have plenty to discuss. ;)

Heheheh. Desirement is what it is. I like that term, I'm going to steal it. :)

Complete the Immigration information in the Cruise Personalizer following the 2-day advance of sailing rule or you MUST present the required Immigration information at least 90 minutes in advance of cruise sailing at checkin. There are reasons for these rules.

And...everyone must be onboard 1 hour before sailing.

The 90 minute rule gives time for you to be assessed and denied boarding if something they don't like is flagged by their profiling software. Inside 90 minutes there's the assumption that such checks could not necessarily run to completion in time and so boarding is denied on the basis of there not being enough time.

To not enter your passport details ahead of the two days in advance request can serve no positive purpose. If you don't do this and you can't get to the front of the queue and be processed without any problems ahead of the 90 minute cut-off then you'll not be going on your cruise - why on earth would you take a risk like this when you absolutely don't have to?

Archived