Upgrade Very Happy

lindy sails

We enjoy a Caribe deck BA cabin very much & actually prefer it over an uncovered mini-suite but we're probably in the minority to feel that way. :p

Actually cugino, I agree with you. I don't like a bathtub, so having that in a mini doesn't interest me. Two tv's? We hardly ever turn ours on, so definitely don't need two. What I like is the sofa, but can only get that in a small ship balcony cabin. Otherwise, the 1/2 and 1/2 balcony is our favorite too.

The fact that for both my Princess Cruises I've been upgraded from the lowest category balcony (BG on the Crown P, BF on the Caibbean P) to a BA makes me think I must be paying too much. I'm guessing paying more for the same cabin might be a criteria that they'd use to determine who gets an upgrade, and I booked on the Princess website, which everyone here says cost more than a good TA.

But if I'm paying too much, I hoping the upgrades are making up for it. (That is, I'm ending up paying less than I would have booking a BA cabin from a TA from the start)

The fact that for both my Princess Cruises I've been upgraded from the lowest category balcony (BG on the Crown P, BF on the Caibbean P) to a BA makes me think I must be paying too much. I'm guessing paying more for the same cabin might be a criteria that they'd use to determine who gets an upgrade, and I booked on the Princess website, which everyone here says cost more than a good TA.

But if I'm paying too much, I hoping the upgrades are making up for it. (That is, I'm ending up paying less than I would have booking a BA cabin from a TA from the start)

You could still book a guarantee with a TA from the start and know you are saving money immediately. Of course you need the right TA.

I don't think the price you pay has any influence on the Upgrade Fairy. We went from an obstructed view to a deluxe ocean view on our cruise last week. They're the cabins with balconies at the front of the ship but no furniture. It was the perfect location for viewing the glaciers. And we booked after the final payment date at a price that is less than half of what Princess is asking for the same period of time next year.

Archived