Panama or Hawaii..which cruiseline

akruz

We did a Celebrity cruise in April 2012 (southern Carib). We did not book another cruise on the ship and did not quite understand how to go about that. After reading some threads on CC the information we were told was different than what others received.

Anyway, We were thinking of attempting a Panama or Hawaii but do not know which cruiseline to choose to attempt either itinerary. We are looking for the best price....... !

1. Which destination..... I note that there are not many Panama cruises going out in March as I hoped.

2. Best cruiseline to attempt the above.

3. Go back to Celebrity and see what they have to offer.

4. We just want to get the best rate possible and we did o/v, do the above itinerary make for a better crusing time if you go to balcony. Cannot afford to go higher.

We have been to Hawaii to Ohau and Maui on a land vacation.

At this point maybe someone could suggest a itinerary that they noted was interesting and reasonable in expense.

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There are a number of lines that do a partial transit of the canal and hit some other ports in the Caribbean. We sailed on the Coral Princess, and for our budget and lifestyle, they were perfect for us.

Go to the different cruise lines websites and check the itineraries and prices.

As far as Hawaii, if you do not care for paying for 4 to 8 sea days, I would suggest land tours as you have been doing. We have been to Kauai twice and loved it.

Many people, especially those who are still working. enjoy the sea days as a way to unwind.

We are retired and are unwound.

Descriptions of our canal cruise and out times in Kauai are on our website.

We did a Celebrity cruise in April 2012 (southern Carib). We did not book another cruise on the ship and did not quite understand how to go about that. After reading some threads on CC the information we were told was different than what others received.

Anyway, We were thinking of attempting a Panama or Hawaii but do not know which cruiseline to choose to attempt either itinerary. We are looking for the best price....... !.

If you can go in October, you can do both at a great price by booking the B2B Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity Millennium from Miami to San Diego that continues on to Hawaii.

There are some senior and military discounts available, if you are eligible for either.

If you can go in October, you can do both at a great price by booking the B2B Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity Millennium from Miami to San Diego that continues on to Hawaii.

There are some senior and military discounts available, if you are eligible for either.

That would be a terrific cruise. For the round trip into the canal I prefer the Princess Coral or Island. They are purpose built for the canal and have good lectures.

~Doris~

When you compare Panama Canal cruises, be sure to notice if they are round trip, which go into Lake Gatun and turn around or if they continue on through the entire panama canal. We're doing PC full transit Mar 8-22 on Island Princess! Why don't you join us! We have great roll call! :)

When you compare Panama Canal cruises, be sure to notice if they are round trip, which go into Lake Gatun and turn around or if they continue on through the entire panama canal. We're doing PC full transit Mar 8-22 on Island Princess! Why don't you join us! We have great roll call! :)

I will definitely look into that cruise it is in my time range,etc. Thanks so much and many years ago we sailed the princess. I hope they can find my registration as it was several years ago (if they give credit to a repeat cruiser) Princess was the first cruise I ever did and it was on the island princess. I will have to see if I can find some records.

Thanks

Don't count out the RTs to Hawaii from the West Coast. If you read the threads about the Golden Princess cruises, you'll find many complimentary comments about the incredible program of Hawaiian activities, music and food on the way to and back. There are many of us who have repeated this itinerary on Princess, and there's a good reason for that.

The Celebrity Infinity has a unique itinerary with a full transit of the Canal and an additional day in Colon departing from Santiago, Chile on March 17, 2013. Join us!

Thank you but I could not see us finding a economical flight out of the prairies to Santiago, Chile. It is costly enought to fly to FL or Miami.

But thankyou.

Don't count out the RTs to Hawaii from the West Coast. If you read the threads about the Golden Princess cruises' date=' you'll find many complimentary comments about the incredible program of Hawaiian activities, music and food on the way to and back. There are many of us who have repeated this itinerary on Princess, and there's a good reason for that.[/quote']

I will have to read the threads on this ship and from the other reply for 2014 trip as it sounds like the ship will be updated for Apr 1

Thank you as so need the info from great people like you who have so many cruises to relate and assist us. Thanks

Speaking as a veteran of 4 r/t LA-Hawaii cruises with Princess, all on different ships, I have to say Princess does a great job of this itinerary.

The best of all was on the Golden .... their Hawaii themed programs and activities make it special. The Hawaiian duo, ELUA, adds enormously to the program, both with their performances and their participation in the Hawiian culture classes and presentations. Besides that, they are just really nice people!!

Princess should have you on their records.

~Doris~

Thanks Doris for encouragement as I am going to phone and ensure they have me on the records. I lost even the capt club membership.

Thanks

Best have your chuckle now but I do not understand what does B2B or repositioning mean. Yea, daaaaaah. Sorry but you guys have to teach me the vocab!!!

The longest time I could see myself spending on a vacation is three weeks for matter of time and dollars.

Thanks.

Best have your chuckle now but I do not understand what does B2B or repositioning mean. Yea, daaaaaah. Sorry but you guys have to teach me the vocab!!!

The longest time I could see myself spending on a vacation is three weeks for matter of time and dollars.

Thanks.

B2B is back to back - going on 2 cruises in a row on the same ship.

Repositioning is the cruise across an ocean when the ship is moving for a season, i.e. Miami to Barcelona for the summer or back to Miami in the fall.

Don't worry....everyone was "new" once! :D

Princess should have you on their records.

~Doris~

Doris, I just wanted to thank you for the encouragement as I did indeed contact them and yes they had my records and we have sailed with them in 1991 & 1992. So thanks:)

We have not cruised for a long time until this year with Celebrity. time to get cruisin.

Archived