What if you miss your assigned Dining?

crazyboys

If your assigned dining is early at 6:15 and you missed your assigned time, can you still eat at the MDR during the late dining period or whenever like "any time dining"? I understand there would be a wait list until a table is available.

Nope If you miss your meal you cant change the time or switch to anytime

Just walk up to the buffet they will have plenty of food

Reeeeeally, so your waiter would never go out of his way to bring you a fisherman's platter. I guess that's just an RCL thing.

If your assigned dining is early at 6:15 and you missed your assigned time, can you still eat at the MDR during the late dining period or whenever like "any time dining"? I understand there would be a wait list until a table is available.

I'm glad you asked that question. It is one I never thought of. I suspected the answer but now we know for sure.

After an exhausting excursion, we miss early dining. We usually go up to lido and eat. There are lots of some of the same menu items from the dining room. I recommend the carving board station. They have delicious roast beef or turkey, carnival's wonderful macaroni and cheese and red bliss mashed potatoes. Lots of good choices and you don't have to get dressed.

If you are too tired to even go to lido, order room service. We have done that when we are really tired. Always lots of food options on a carnival ship.

Reeeeeally, so your waiter would never go out of his way to bring you a fisherman's platter. I guess that's just an RCL thing.

Dont be coming over to the Carnival boards and say another cruiseline is better:p:D JK

Hey Den...... That was awesome. I had never experienced that on any ship before and I tried on our last cruise but it didnt work.

I actually looked to see if he was still on board but he was on vacation.

On a cruise last year we had a great wait staff on another cruiseline. After our shore excusrsion we were too tired and dirty to get cleaned up for the MDR.

So we ate a lousy meal(last night before drydock) in the buffet.

After we ate we went down to the MDR, probably an hour late, to give our waiters their tip envelopes. The head waiter forced us to sit down and eat a couple lobster tails.

We had so many tails served to us we had to give an extra to a guy on the table next to us.

So you might have to cruise on other lines to get this type of service

If you have a feeling you may miss your Early Dining,(Late excursion, Steakhouse reservation, etc.) in advance, it would be nice to let your MDR server know the day before, just so he/she can get on with business as usual.

Just sayin'......:rolleyes:

Yes, I was going to say even once you realize you won't be there let the dining room know so the waiter will begin serving the table. (If you are seated at a table with others) This way not everyone is waiting to see if you are going to show up! :-)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

If you miss your assigned dining at the MDR, you miss it, cant go to late, or to anytime dining. Only options would be buffet up till closing time, and not sure what time, but thinking 9pm ish? or deli, which is open quite late 11pm ish? and pizza calzone ceaeser salad should be available at all hours. Room service also. No need to go hungry, but I always think it is sadly a waste to miss MDR service especially at dinner.:)

I've missed my early seating on a port day. I went to the later seating and I was accomodated without a problem. Since we were only a party of 2, they accomadated us without a problem. It doesn't hurt to just ask as you enter the MDR.

I've missed my early seating on a port day. I went to the later seating and I was accomodated without a problem. Since we were only a party of 2, they accomadated us without a problem. It doesn't hurt to just ask as you enter the MDR.

You got lucky. Normally off to lido with you.

I fell asleep, woke up and was completely confused and I think my watch had gone off. I went to the dining room and was welcomed despite the fact that they were singing and dancing- I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on and why this was happening. My waiter was kind enough to grab me some food. And this was without even a single DOD- it was very strange. I was also alone so it was not as big of a problem.

Twenty bucks and a bit of a wait might get you a table at ATD.

It's remarkable what a little grease of the palm gets you with a smile and a handshake. I will be late to my own funeral, and never have had a problem being seated in lido. I don't want to hear about what is fair or not fair, I want to enjoy my vacation and I am not fond of strict rules. I have done ATD before, but it's not a guarantee that you get it, especially if you book late.

Archived