Time to Disembark

EAGLESLOVER

How long are we permitted to remain on the ship after disembarkation begins? Due to arrive in Rio at 9:00 and have arranged a full day tour, but flight is not until nearly midnight. Could we arrange for pick up from ship as late as 10:00 a.m.??

As always the advice of experienced Regent cruisers is appreciated by this Regent newby.

Sharon

Also, given your late nite departure, Regent frequently arranges a day room where you can store luggage and rest before your flight home. This is generally true if you are using Regent Air/transfers. Suggest you touch base with your TA and follow up. Most departures from SA north have late departures, and your question and the solution are not unique!

I think how late you can stay on board depends on your SSS level. But when the Disembarkation Form comes round (sadly always a day or so after you board!!) put on it is that you are being met at 10am and would like to disembark then... that might help.

I once ran into someone in the laundry room on embarkation day who should have got off that morning but stayed on board to do his laundry!! I found that slightly novel since I had boarded well after 1230!!

I think how late you can stay on board depends on your SSS level. But when the Disembarkation Form comes round (sadly always a day or so after you board!!) put on it is that you are being met at 10am and would like to disembark then... that might help.

I once ran into someone in the laundry room on embarkation day who should have got off that morning but stayed on board to do his laundry!! I found that slightly novel since I had boarded well after 1230!!

Please don't tell my wife and other wives about that idea!

Thank you

My travel agent has advised:

"In regards to your questions below, Regent said once you arrive in Rio at 9am, they will start the disembarkation process starting 10am to 11am. It does take a “few” hours for you to retrieve your luggage and get off the ship because the ship has 700 passengers total. Regent says the disembarkation process will not be painful-

As for the customs- Regent is not sure as every country is different.

With your disembarkation process and going through customs- I think that the rough estimate time to give your tour guide would be around noon to 1pm."

Just want to confirm that these times are realistic.

Thanks.

Sharon

We don't necessarily want to disembark at 10:00. We have a full day tour booked, 7 hours or so and are in no great hurry to hang out at GIG for hours and hours. We would be happy to meet our guide at 11:00 - 12:00, just want to know if that sounds reasonable.

Archived