cruising this Dec. 15th "Weather"

kdh123

We've gone during the second week of December out of New Orleans for several years now. Cool to cold out of NO, by the next morning it was pool time. Never had anything below about 75 for the whole week at any time, and usually in the 80's.

We primarily sail out of Galveston which has similar temps and visits pretty much the same group of ports as NO. I'm a 'sit by the pool' guy, and I rarely miss my lounger / pool time after day 1, and even departure day is sometimes not too bad. We were in t-shirts on our NYE departure last year. Temps along the coast can vary in December from freezing and snow to temps in the 90's, so you'll just have to see what departure day brings. If I were a betting man I'd figure on it being somewhere in the middle (40's to 70's) on sail-away, and warming up as the ship heads south.

Anyone cruise during month of Dec. We are planning one from New Orleans going to Cozumel. Wondering if it will be warm enough to swim on ship or if we need warmer clothes.

It can be hot and humid in Dec. But no one can guarantee weather.

~Doris~

It probably will be cool or cold in New Orleans. The first and last sea day might be chilly if there is a strong north wind. Weather in your ports should be fine. Which ship? Carnival Elation? Oh, and check out Nachi Cocom in Cozumel -- all inclusive beach resort -- requires advance reservations.

Archived