Most forgotten item to pack

jsf

After 18 cruises you would think I would have this all figured out. I still have to make out a list of what to take, I was wondering what is the most forgotten thing to pack. I remember years ago my nieces husband forgot to pack underwear and he had to run to the K-Mart in San Juan before departure.

J.

DH forgot to pack underwear for a Hawaiian cruise and didn't realize it until right before we we're transferring from the hotel to the ship. We ran to a department store near Waikiki Beach and he paid about $100 for three pairs. Insane I know, but not a lot of options.

After 18 cruises you would think I would have this all figured out. I still have to make out a list of what to take, I was wondering what is the most forgotten thing to pack. I remember years ago my nieces husband forgot to pack underwear and he had to run to the K-Mart in San Juan before departure.

J.

Fortunately on a cruise I have only forgotten toothpaste/toothbrush/sun glasses-all easy items to get on ship.

On other vacations once I forgot my swimsuit bottoms-well did not actually forget, I dropped them when I packed my suitcase as I found them on the bedroom floor when we returned. It was no biggie as this was Thanksgiving week and we were in SC and the high was maybe 60-but our hotel did have an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. However I was able to find a pair of solid black bottoms at a Marshalls-discounted to $10 as the season was over. So all was okay.

Just recently when we went off for a long weekend I forgot underpants-had packed twice as many bras that I needed-so I guess I meant to pack undies and instead put in more bras. I had to make a run to Target for some cheap undies. Getting older does stink for sure-I was not so absented minded when I was younger.

My DH and I had arrived in San Juan a few days before a Southern Caribbean cruise when I realized I had forgotten to pack my nightgowns. Fortunately, there was a Walgreens down the street from our hotel selling souvenir Puerto Rico t-shirts for $5. So my nightware consisted of "gowns" not too sexily touting the attractions of PR.

Sheila

Oh I remembered-there was something more important I forgot for a cruise. This was long ago back in 2000. I forgot my strapless bra and one of my formal gowns was strapless-LOL! Now that I am 30 pounds heavier and am 12 years older, I would not dare be caught dead in a strapless gown-not so pretty a look on me now! Back then I was in my mid/late forties but looked a good ten years younger-now I am 58 and actually look older-time has not been kind to me-LOL! Even back then braless was not a good look on me- so I wore a jersey dress the second formal night and dressed it up with jewelry and a shawl I bought in the ship's store. I was just glad I had packed that dress-as it was one of those "just in case" type things.

Many years ago we visited Niagara Falls and Toronto, Canada in late July. I had not packed jackets or sweaters because we had 100 degrees F at home-what a shock the evenings were. I bought sweatshirts for all of us as souvenirs that we wore to keep warm!

For me definitely various chargers/adaptors for phones, cameras..etc. Usually bring small extension cord surge protector type with extra outlets, cabins never seem to have enough for me and my junk. Also make sure you have the right type for the countries your visiting.

Archived