Most forgotten item to pack

jsf

After 18 cruises you would think I would have this all figured out. I still have to make out a list of what to take, I was wondering what is the most forgotten thing to pack. I remember years ago my nieces husband forgot to pack underwear and he had to run to the K-Mart in San Juan before departure.

J.

An extension cord with extra three-prong plugs can be handy to pack and have. We forget how many different computer, iMusic, camera, razor, etc., things we bring along, need re-charged, etc. Also, some pictures of the grandkids and/or dogs to put on the walls to be good reminders from the folks/things back home, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 97,780 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

First Med. cruise, forgot face powder compact-had to buy one(with great difficulty) in Florence, wrong colour-took on a slightly orangey hue for the remaining cruise.:o

2nd Med. cruise, forgot ALL make-up. Had to buy one of the expensive 'kits' at the ship's beauty counter plus expensive foundation. Colors in the kit weren't what I'd typically wear but I managed all right.:rolleyes:

4th Med. cruise forgot to pack a bathing suit & flip-flops-had to purchase the suit in Dubrovnik, Croatia and bought flip-flops at a store on the ship.

I do make lists but hey, these things happen!

After 18 cruises you would think I would have this all figured out. I still have to make out a list of what to take, I was wondering what is the most forgotten thing to pack. I remember years ago my nieces husband forgot to pack underwear and he had to run to the K-Mart in San Juan before departure.

J.

I always buy my underwear at K-Mart, they cost about $100.

Ipad/ Iphone charger. I have now got 4 bought mostly in airports but it still does not stop me forgetting it despite the vast choice I now have!

PS I have now put one in the case I usually take on a cruise, what do you think the chances are that for some other reason I will change cases and forget!

I once forgot my toothbrush and had to buy one on the ship. It was a cheap plastic one that cost me $3.00. Last cruise I forgot my good lipstick. I was devastated the entire time.

On one land trip we took to visit my son in college I forgot my nightgown.

Other than that we are pretty good, but of course we have our lists to follow when we pack.

My husband's black socks. All they had in the gift shop were navy blue wool socks -- thick. So.....3 pair of black women's knee highs did the trick. He felt strange at first, but better than a tux and black shoes with NO socks.

Prior to our first cruise, our kids gave me a Kindle for Christmas. I was very excited to have it b/c I love to read and the Kindle was going to free up quite a bit of room in packing since I wouldn't be bringing any books along. As soon as we arrived in Florida, I discovered that the battery was low and I had forgotten to pack the charger:mad:! Before we got on the ship I checked many of the stores in the area to try to buy a new one but had no luck. The battery went completely dead shortly after embarking but the cruise was such a wonderful experience that I really didn't miss my Kindle until it was time for the long plane trip home.:D

This brings back such a funny memory. My husband forgot all his casual pants! He does his own packing. Thank God it was on a cruise to Bermuda, and the first night dining was the only night that he had to worry about...the 2nd night @ sea is the formal night and he did pack his suits!! The ship shops did not have any men's slacks.

Well, to make a long story short...he fit into a really loose pair of my linen pull on slacks...a light shade of mint green that fit cropped pants...which is NOT is conservative style. We still roar about this and give him kudos for just going with the flow.

We were on the Zenith and remember when you could just step off the ship onto Front St in Hamilton? We were the first customers at Tattinger's for a pair of beautiful slacks!

Back in 2007, our adult daughter met us at our home for pick up by the airport car service. When we got to the airport (quite a distance from home) she confessed that she forgot to bring a coat or any type of jacket or sweater. This was a transatlantic crossing. Not until Dublin, Ireland was she able to buy a jacket. For the next cruise she joined us on in 2010, I made a list for her to check off the items to bring. She did much better this time!

On our Millie cruise last year, I forgot the garment bag in which I had packed formal wear for all 4 of us traveling together! We wore our better smart casual outfits and went to Murano for dinner on formal night instead, and had a wonderful time!

I do have a recurring nightmare, especially when it is getting close to a cruise, that I have arrived at the cruise port without my passport. Luckily, this has never happened in real life, but I am always so upset in the dream, maybe it helps me remember when it is time for the real thing.

Archived