Most forgotten item to pack

jsf

It was not on a cruise but several years ago I packed up 1 large suitcase and my computer bag for our 10 day trip to Yellowstone. Went to airport and at check-in asked my husband where my large suitcase was. It seems it was still waiting upstairs in our house for him to bring it down and load into the car.

Long story short we were lucky and my brother-in law drove over from Austin to the house picked up the suitcase and took it to FedX to ship to our hotel in Yellowstone so I was without everything for only 2 days. It could have been much worse.

Carol

We once forgot to pack my husbands cufflinks and studs for his tux. The ship stores did not sell them but sent some to our cabin from rentals with no charge (we were on a celebrity ship). Talk about great service!

Our 1st cruise to Alaska my husband forgot to bring jeans and all he had were dress pants that he would wear to dinner on the ship. Our 1st port stop found us @ a local store buying jeans. Worked out okay and he got a couple of new pairs of jean that way.

This is a true passport nightmare. Our first cruise was on the Connie in 2010. We booked 8 weeks out and entered our passport info. 10 days before the sail, we went to get our passports from the home lockbox and they were no where to be found. We tore the house apart. Decided on a trip to DC which was the closest passport office. A five hour drive for us. $300 later for each of us, plus motel and gas.. we had passports. Still have never found them.

My husband forgot his dress shoes. We didn't go to the first formal night and he bought a cheap pair at Payless when we docked in St Thomas.

d

My husband also forgot his dress shoes. Told the room steward and he contacted the person on the ship who provides the tuxes. Long story short, they were able to find a pair of dress shoes in his size and they did it for nothing!

Forgot to put my prescription sunglasses in my bag on a 10 day Caribbean cruises. Realized it on the morning of departure. Scrambled to get glasses made at a one hour place.

Now, I leave a spare pair of glasses&sunglasses in my "travel" bag. I use my old glasses for this bag when I replace them with my newest glasses. Also, make sure that I carry my prescription in my wallet.

great thread. We have just over 2 weeks to go so I'm ready to start packing so this is really on topic.

I am always afraid of forgetting something really important - even have dreams about it!! So far the only thing I've forgotten is makeup but thankfully there was a Walgreens in Fr Lauderdale near the hotel for emergency replacements.

I forgot all my swimsuits on a cruise to Bermuda. And they didn't sell them on board!

We like to bring our water shoes, even if the beaches are nice, hate stepping on rocks.

We both forgot our swimsuits on our Alaskan cruise. I challenge anyone to find a swimsuit in Juneau in September. NOT a fun day. I still have the horrifically ugly (and expensive) one I had to buy so I could enjoy the pool on the ship; it's a reminder to pack my own.

Last month, after making all sorts of noise about rain coats and umbrellas, I forgot to pack umbrellas for our Canada cruise. Luck was with us and the locals commented on how nice the weather was. :)

For anyone who might find it useful, here's a link to a packing list I bought at the Container Store for DH. He's a business traveler who forgets EVERYTHING! http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10024745&N=&Ntt=packing+list

ah my handcuffs once ( well just kidding of course) - and more often my shaveing foam, tooth paste, once the brought the charger of my electric toothbrush but forgt the damn thing itself. Sooo- go figure- bought one at the shops on board. Nothing of it was a big deal- just the handcuffs- of course.

Michael

We both forgot our swimsuits on our first cruise and had to buy some on Santorini, which was harder than it sounds! I ended up with a very expensive ugly gold and aqua bikini that was very padded and way too huge up top, and ended up losing all of its colour in the thalassotherpay pool on Galaxy.

My hubby has accidentally taken a pair of my black suit pants with his tuxedo jacket in the past. He could not fit into the pants, so was without his tuxedo on the formal nights. He loves to wear his tuxedo so he was upset. We did not think to ask for some spare ones, so good to know for next time.

This wasn't on a cruise it was for a wedding in April.

Apparently I forgot my hushands suit. It had been to the cleaners and was ready for the day.

We found out 30 minutes before we due to leave for the wedding. A very quick trip to the local department store to buy the first pair of dress trousers in his size. Luckily the shops were still open (we have very limited shopping hours in small country towns). He felt very uncomfortable the whole wedding.

Last weekend we travelled across the country for another wedding and I packed the suit a couple of days before.

I have forgotten many things as I do all the packing for us and I tend to rush my own things. Nightwear, underwear, shoes etc.

I left my iPhone on the charger and didn't realize it until we were on the plane to Vietnam. It was very frustrating as I had purchased a special international plan just for the trip. We had forgotten Pepto Bismol on that same trip and 1/2 the river boat got a gastro illness. luckily, others came very prepared and doled out what they had. This also happened on a southern Caribbean cruise and you can't buy any meds for stomach problems on the ship because of noro virus. We bought out all we could find in Antigua. Now we keep a stash in our carry-ons.

Worst ever was our first cruise almost 20 years ago on the now defunct Exploration cruise line . I didn't forget anything but Eastern Airlines (also defunct) lost my luggage. Every bit of it. I bought what I could in the tiny shop on the ship including a bathing suit that was two sizes too small. :eek: We were going to skip formal night but it was a small ship and people who heard about my problem actually loaned me clothes. I had a great cruise overall, met some great people and got hooked on cruising. But I now pack a carry on bag with the essentials. Just in case.

Linda

We left once with no memory card in the camera :mad:

Prior to each cruise I charge up the camera battery. On my cruise last January I forgot to pull it out and had no battery in the camera for the cruise. Usually the battery lasts about 10 days and cruise was just a week, never a problem. For our upcoming cruise in October my wife demanding I bring the charger :rolleyes: We did for that cruise last January buy some Fuji throw-away cameras in the ship's gift shop.

This brings back such a funny memory. My husband forgot all his casual pants! He does his own packing. Thank God it was on a cruise to Bermuda, and the first night dining was the only night that he had to worry about...the 2nd night @ sea is the formal night and he did pack his suits!! The ship shops did not have any men's slacks.

Well, to make a long story short...he fit into a really loose pair of my linen pull on slacks...a light shade of mint green that fit cropped pants...which is NOT is conservative style. We still roar about this and give him kudos for just going with the flow.

We were on the Zenith and remember when you could just step off the ship onto Front St in Hamilton? We were the first customers at Tattinger's for a pair of beautiful slacks!

Your husband in his light green linen slacks and mine in his knee highs would make a stunning couple doncha think?:p

I have a friend whose husband kindly packed her bags for her the last night before disembarkation (she was tired and fell sleep). The bags were packed, left outside the door and gone before she woke and realized she would have to wear a towel off of the ship the next day and to the airport before getting her bags and something to wear besides her undies. There is a lesson to be learned here...

Your husband in his light green linen slacks and mine in his knee highs would make a stunning couple doncha think?:p

:D

I once forgot a slip to wear under a very sheer dress. The ship didn't sell them, so someone in guest relations put out a call to the crew. A wonderful young female crew member about my size loaned me one of hers. It was much nicer than the one I would have brought. Now that's going above and beyond the call of duty!

DH & I will celebrate our 42nd anniversary next month, and I remember only one thing about the pre-marital counseling with the minister. He asked, "If you had no other choice, would you use your spouse's toothbrush?" I struggled with that question so long, I was afraid he would refuse to marry us! I finally conceded that in the absolute worst case scenario, I would probably would use DH's toothbrush.

But to this day, I've never been forced to find out if I really would. Whenever we leave the house even for one night, I always think back on that question and pack an extra unopened toothbrush in my checked bag and another one in my carry-on. I've forgotten many other things...but NEVER a toothbrush!

Archived