Allegiant reviews?

Zach1213

OK, now I need some assistance from my fellow travelers. It's not related to a cruise, but I do know many people have taken them to/from a cruise, so I figured this is a good opportunity to get honest feedback from both frequent and non-frequent fliers.

I am looking at taking a short hop on Allegiant Airlines from Phoenix (Mesa) to Las Vegas in February for my bachelor party. We're trying to coordinate everyone arriving from various locations at the same time, so on-time status is just about the most important thing. However, Mesa Airport is also closer to the hotel I will be at in Phoenix (for a conference) than Sky Harbor, so that's why Allegiant is a player here (plus it's a new airline for me to add to my list).

Basically...experiences? On-time? I know all about their fees and their aircraft, but if you have flown them...would you fly them again? Or am I better off just heading to Sky Harbor and jumping on Southwest or US Airways?

Thanks!

I can't speak from direct experience...but it looks like there is only 1 or 2 daily Allegiant flight from AZA-LAS. The flight(s) are in the evening and have poor ontime records. I know you're savvy on all this but I'd go a day early or use PHX instead.

I can't speak from direct experience...but it looks like there is only 1 or 2 daily Allegiant flight from AZA-LAS. The flight(s) are in the evening and have poor ontime records. I know you're savvy on all this but I'd go a day early or use PHX instead.

I would probably go for it; based on the fact that both AZA and LAS are bases for G4/Allegiant, and hence G4 are likely to have spare aircraft if there is an issue. G4 is based in LAS (100s of flights/day), and AZA has 20+ (possibly more these days) flights/day

Can't go a day early as my conference is until about 1pm on the day I plan to depart. On-time is most important because there are several of us trying to arrive at LAS at the same time from various cities.

I didn't realize the route had such poor on-time performance for G4. I'm thinking spending a bit more to do WN out of PHX is the way to go.

Thanks for feedback everyone!

If we hang out at the WN baggage claim, flashing our "cruise air plutonium elite" gang signs, can you ID us and let us tag along?

Just don't let Mrs FT know I'm going to a bachelor party in LAS......;)

Surrrre why not!

If we hang out at the WN baggage claim, flashing our "cruise air plutonium elite" gang signs, can you ID us and let us tag along?

"Plutonium Elite", I can't wait to reach that level. ;) How many miles/posts does that take? :D

I know nothing about Allegiant other than what I see on TV (ads all the time on Phoenix TV and little blips on the news) but a close business associate swears by them. She is married to one of the Arizona Diamondbacks but actually lives in Medford, OR. So when she wants to see her husband during baseball season, she flies Allegiant for his home games. She repeatedly raves about the on time performance and how nice and clean the planes are.

I know she doesn't have a lot of air experience, so maybe her opinion is slighty skewed.

I don't know about on time performance but I will say flying from Gateway is a darn sight easier than trying to negotiate T-4 at Sky Harbor. I stay as far away from that terminal as I can even if it means going miles out of my way (AA). With all the WN fliers and everything but the kitchen sink in their bags, US Air extremely crowded in that terminal and TSA having just a plain crappy attitude in that terminal (who wouldn't with all the crap they put up with from the WN fliers), be aware. You can drive it in 5 hours. The road is good, rental cars in PHX (even one ways) are generally cheap and the new road over the dam saves almost an hour. Just an option.

Good one!!! Can I be part of the "cruise air plutonium elite" club??? Don't want to go to the bachelor party but sure could yuk it up at T-4 and enjoy the trip to Vegas!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Because I know you guys were REALLY anxious to know the outcome...

No? Meh. Anyways, G4 finally released their schedule and I didn't like the one flight time, so I'm trudging over to Sky Harbor for the WN flights.

Thanks for all the help and feedback again! You guys are great.

Archived