What time would you arrive at port canaveral?

I am trying to figure out what we should do for our 4-night Monarch cruise out of Port Canaveral. We have three options... let me know your thoughts!

Option 1: Get dropped off at the pier early- the person dropping us off has class at 9:25 so would probably have to drop us off at the latest 8:45. Is this even allowed? Could we sit outside and read? Is there anywhere to hang out?

Option 2: Get dropped off at the pier later, probably between 11:45-12:00. This seems like it could be the best option, but the OCD person in me hates to get there any later than we are allowed on the ship to get maximum benefit of the money we spent. ;) Is it pretty impossible to get a seat at the Windjammer at this time, by the time we get on the ship?

Option 3: Drive to the pier and pay for parking (Boo! lol). Any recommendations for parking if we do this option? I've only parked once before and I honestly have no memory of what we did for this- if we did it right at the pier or parked somewhere else and was shuttled in.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I know I am totally overthinking this. :p

I would go with option 3...there is an off site lot just before you reach the port...very easy to find...they have a shuttle...online reservations are $5.99 a day....

Option 1 is waaaaay to early...passengers will still be getting off & it would be a mad house...plus you are correct...i'm not even sure they will let incoming passengers into the port until 10:30 or so....

I would pick option #2. Ordinarily, I would arrive around 10:45am-11:00am, so option 2 is only 1 hour later than that. You'd still be boarding early, will have plenty of time for lunch in the WJ and a nice afternoon onboard.

I would go with option 3...there is an off site lot just before you reach the port...very easy to find...they have a shuttle...online reservations are $5.99 a day....

Option 1 is waaaaay to early...passengers will still be getting off & it would be a mad house...plus you are correct...i'm not even sure they will let incoming passengers into the port until 10:30 or so....

You can get there early and hang around outside the terminal in the baggage drop off area. We see folks doing this every cruise out of PC. They usually start folks coming into the terminal around 10:30 We get driven to the port and if our driver had an appointment that got us there early we would take it. Much cheaper and the best option for early boarding the least expensive way. #1 gets my vote and we live near the port!!!!!

Option #4 -- Go to Thrift Store, but $10 sleeping bags. Have driver from Option #1 drop you off the night before. Sleep on sidewalk. Wake up early on cruise day and press nose to glass for however many hours it takes them to let you in.

So, 11:45 - 12:00 is considered "late"?? Good Grief!!! :D :)

I'd go with Option 3 and park at Park n Cruise (parkcruise.com) and be there at 10AM and get to the port soon after. We parked there for our last cruise and they were great. When we got off the ship we walked over to their parking place and they were there within a couple of minutes.

Why let someone else dictate when you get to the port? If you don't want to spend the money for 5 days, (the parking places charge for one more day than the cruise) at $5.99 plus tax, then I guess option #2 is your best bet.

Option #1 is totally unrealistic. Enjoy!

Hi, if you don't want to pay for parking but want to be onboard as early as possible why not get dropped off at a diner/breakfast place at 8.45, have a relaxing breakfast and then get a cab over to the port for about 10.45 to be amongst the first to board.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!! Sorry for the late response to our decision. ;) I think we are going to go with Option 1 and the ocd person in me is just going to have to take a breather. lol!

I'm still hoping our ride will get out of class a little earlier so we get there earlier than I expect. haha!

Archived