Mexico Ensenada

sabai

Why oh why is Princess changing the 7 day from 2 days in Cabo to dreadful Ensenada. Many of the folks who could go to Mexico are from LA and the last place they want to go is Ensenada. Am I the only one who is angry about this?

Why oh why is Princess changing the 7 day from 2 days in Cabo to dreadful Ensenada. Many of the folks who could go to Mexico are from LA and the last place they want to go is Ensenada. Am I the only one who is angry about this?

a relative of one of the captains has a store in Ensenada, and they were losing money... JUST KIDDING:D

But, you are right... I've seen enough of Ensenada! every Hawaii cruise ends in Ensenada... why do we have to visit Ensenada when we cruise to Mexico, especially when there is so much more to do in Cabo!

The only interesting thing I've ever done in Ensenada is the wineries tour. Now that was brief & fun. :o)

I feel the same way that the winery tour is the one thing that was good. It's hard to imagine any reason for Princess to cancel the Cabo overnight for a day in Ensenada. :eek:

I live 45 miles north of Ensenada. while I love the restaurants there and the

vineyards. I go there about once a week. I do not want to cruise there. The weather

is cold in the winter. Cabo is more interesting, especially San Jose Del Cabo or a one

hour drive up to Todos Santos.

If we complain enough maybe Princess will change.

Greg

What ship are you on? When is your cruise? When did your itinerary change?

We are booked on a 10 day RT San Francisco/Mexico and our itinerary shows two days in Cabo. We have final documents in hand.

Tricia

The only interesting thing I've ever done in Ensenada is the wineries tour. Now that was brief & fun. :o)

Most of our 3/4 night cruises to Baja we have just stayed onboard. We did do the wine tour once and we felt the crackers were the highlight of the tour.

What ship are you on? When is your cruise? When did your itinerary change?

We are booked on a 10 day RT San Francisco/Mexico and our itinerary shows two days in Cabo. We have final documents in hand.

Tricia

November & December 2012 and 2013 show a stop in Ensenada on the Sapphire from LA.

We were chased by a man the last time we went to Cabo because we wouldn't eat in his restaurant. It was quite an interesting experience. Needless to say, that's not going to stop us from going there. I personally would prefer two days in Puerto Vallarta then the stop in Ensenada.

Dunno for a fact, but some CC'ers tell us that Cabo has become dangerous.

With so many bars & being able to stay there late, I wonder if it's drunk passengers who are in danger which could be a reason to eliminate an overnight in port I was only there during the day & never felt unsafe in Cabo. I've seen stumbling drunks who had been to Señor Frog's even during the day which may be even worse if in port later.

I live 45 miles north of Ensenada. while I love the restaurants there and the

vineyards. I go there about once a week. I do not want to cruise there. The weather

is cold in the winter. Cabo is more interesting, especially San Jose Del Cabo or a one

hour drive up to Todos Santos.

If we complain enough maybe Princess will change.

Greg

Loved San Jose de Cabo.......Didn't care at all for Cabo San Lucas. San Jose de Cabo reminded my mother and I of the small Mexican towns we used to go to when I was younger. Cabo is way too touristy and resort oriented. I am kind of looking forward to Ensenada as I haven't been there in 40+ years. I know it has drastically changed but still looking forward to it.

I also do not leave the ship in Ensenada but not for safety reasons. It is that I do not find any thing appealing there. I sure wish they would change the second day in Cabo to a day in either La Paz or Loreto. These ports are still very much small charming towns.

I also have never felt unsafe in Cabo but then I am not staggering out of a bar at 3:00 am or straying into bad neighborhoods. Day times are very nice to visit Cabo.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Dh and I are going on the Nov cruise to Mexico and don't plan to get off the ship at all. :) We're taking the cruise for 2 reasons:

1. Rest

2. Relaxation

Last year we took the Dona Lopez wine tour and it was the best ever but this year, we just want to be waited on and rest.

Tourists are safe with this protection.

2318991970016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh yes... now I feel more safe with with men with automatic weapons standing around the streets. Mexico will never be safe until the Mexican government take control of the Cartels and gangs!

I've read the stories lately, and they are scary! There was even a recent instance when the people from a "cruise sponsored" excursion was recently held at gun point and robbed!

Mexico is a beautiful country, and most of the people are wonderful, but this is no longer a place I want to visit...

With so many bars & being able to stay there late, I wonder if it's drunk passengers who are in danger which could be a reason to eliminate an overnight in port I was only there during the day & never felt unsafe in Cabo. I've seen stumbling drunks who had been to Señor Frog's even during the day which may be even worse if in port later.

Could be this is it. I've never, ever felt unsafe in Cabo. Sure, I pay attention to what is around me but I do that where I live. I've seen those stumbling drunks come out of Cabo Wabo too. At least in Cabo, if you are stumbling drunk (must I admit I might have at least been inebriated once or twice) it is really easy to make your way back to the tender.

The idea of visiting a place where there has to be armed guards is a real turn off!

Probably best you don't go to Mexico or many islands in the Caribbean. I've seen armed guards in these locations since the 80's I remember my first cruise that included San Juan, Puerto Rico. There were about 7 or 8 different types of armed guards and police patrolling the streets. All had a different type of uniform on. I absolutely loved my day there. One of my all time favorite port days despite the fact the there was signs of police everywhere and we actually were about 5 minutes behind an actual shooting that took place as someone tried to rob a jewelry store. :eek:

Oh yes... now I feel more safe with with men with automatic weapons standing around the streets. Mexico will never be safe until the Mexican government take control of the Cartels and gangs!

I've read the stories lately, and they are scary! There was even a recent instance when the people from a "cruise sponsored" excursion was recently held at gun point and robbed!

Mexico is a beautiful country, and most of the people are wonderful, but this is no longer a place I want to visit...

You won't be going to Roatan then either, right? There are armed guards and police very evident and in force there. I've seen armed guards in Mexico and the Caribbean since I started cruising in the 80's. Yes, there are some ports I will not visit now due to real US travel advisories. I hate to say one is Mazatlan, Mexico because the state of Sinaloa has very strong advisories against visiting it. Cabo and Puerto Vallarta do not have these types of advisories currently in effect.

You won't be going to Roatan then either, right? There are armed guards and police very evident and in force there. I've seen armed guards in Mexico and the Caribbean since I started cruising in the 80's. Yes, there are some ports I will not visit now due to real US travel advisories. I hate to say one is Mazatlan, Mexico because the state of Sinaloa has very strong advisories against visiting it. Cabo and Puerto Vallarta do not have these types of advisories currently in effect.

oh, I too have seen the guards off the ports for years... but to walk in town and see them with automatic weapons is a bit much. I have enjoyed our Mexican cruises for years, especially Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Huatulco, and Cabo.

I am not a fearful person... but I do go on vacation to relax... and I can do that just as well in Hawaii. I hope at some point, Mexico can get their act together so we can enjoy their beautiful country once again.

I also do not leave the ship in Ensenada but not for safety reasons. It is that I do not find any thing appealing there. I sure wish they would change the second day in Cabo to a day in either La Paz or Loreto. These ports are still very much small charming towns.

I also have never felt unsafe in Cabo but then I am not staggering out of a bar at 3:00 am or straying into bad neighborhoods. Day times are very nice to visit Cabo.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

In September 2013 and March 2014 the Grand is doing two ten day cruises from San Francisco with stops at Cabo, Loreto, La Paz and Puerto Vallarta. Wonder if they will consider any changes for cruises from LA?

We are going on the Sapphire 3/23/13 and they are going to Ensenada instead of the usual two days in Cabo. Well, originally it was to be Mazatlan but we knew that wasn't going to happen.

I'm bummed about this but we usually just stay on the ship, would love to go to the winery but we have our 12YO DD with us and she will be bored.

Interesting thing though, when I got the email about the itinerary change from Mazatlan to Ensenada, some folks on the roll call canceled and then about a week later I checked our price and we saved $600.00 dollars.

There must have been quite a few cancelations for the price to drop that much??

Archived