Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Any information on NCL (Breakaway) ship tours?

I would suppose one would be available, especially, being a brand new ship.

WE are interested in doing a tour of the ship (bridge, kitchen, or any other ship 'insides').

Any information/speculation of what may be available would be highly appreciated!

I called NCL.

Customer Care Representative told me that the "Behind The Scenes Tour" is not listed online,

however, the tour (should be offered) and, is normally on the last day of the cruise.

She said, Go to Guest Services Desk to sign up. $55.00 per person.

Well Clirque is a dinner show so I can see paying $39 for it. But why charge for the Second City show?

It is not the normal second city, it is a special version. The other one is still free.

5/19 I just made the reservations.

By the way I am not sure if someone posted this already, but there is a new show that I was not aware off. Here it is. Any thoughts?

Screenshot2013-04-04at92132AM_zps303d4d01.png

In contrast to another reply, I'm pretty sure this *IS* a lunch show. I'm on the 4/30 sailing and booked this via the NCL travel agency portal. In there, it's listed as the "murder mystery lunch." And it shows up in my NCL.com as the above description.

- Mike :-)

In contrast to another reply, I'm pretty sure this *IS* a lunch show. I'm on the 4/30 sailing and booked this via the NCL travel agency portal. In there, it's listed as the "murder mystery lunch." And it shows up in my NCL.com as the above description.

if it is murder mystery I would love to do this, I might have to get more info on this.

I posted this question over on the 5/19 thread, but I figured I'd try here as well to get plenty of opinions. How critical do you think it would be to book restaurant reservations for the whole week on this ship? We've never sailed on NCL, and I can't imagine the demand on this ship will be as high as is for the 3 specialty restaurants on Oasis/Allure, which do fill up and without reservations are very tough to get into. But seeing as how there are so many restaurant option on this ship, I really can't imagine there being any more than a 15 minute wait to get into one without reservations. Am I off base here? We were just hoping to truly freestyle this cruise and, in particular, the dining, to where we would just go day-to-day based on what we were in the mood for, as well as what the main rooms were serving.

On a related note, I might consider booking Ocean Blu regardless, seeing as how that (as a new highly touted restaurant) might be in demand. But we're not about to do so without seeing a menu, as my wife is the seafood fan and I'd need a steak option ;).

Hi Ellen,

very awesome piks from the fireworks on wdw cruise dream, i especially like the palm tree which looks like a coconut on it . :p

As far as luggage tags, when you print out your final edocs there are paper ones there you can tape on your luggage, but for every cruise I have been on, even on a balcony and mini suite, I have had sticky tags mailed to me in the mail, about a month before the cruise started.:)

HAHA- that one is my favorite, too! Thanks for the luggage tag info- great to know you can get the other ones, too. Once you said this about the paper ones, I remembered getting paper ones when we went on Explorer of the Seas a couple of summers ago. Thank you!

Thanks to all for the fireworks info, and a very special thank you to English 101 for the pictures!

I figured there would be an electronic ignition system for the fireworks, though I was surprised they were using regular fireworks as opposed to cold fireworks typically found indoors at concerts and whatnot. Cold fireworks tend to have considerably less smoke and a lower burst temperature which would be safer in the event that there was a misfire or a shell exploded too soon and rained on the ship. Though I'm sure those in charge of all the fireworks are much more informed and aware of all that.

In any case, thanks again to all of you for the information!

WOW!!! You REALLY know a LOT about fireworks!

I phoned in my reservation and was told no lunch, that is why I passed on it.

I posted this question over on the 5/19 thread, but I figured I'd try here as well to get plenty of opinions. How critical do you think it would be to book restaurant reservations for the whole week on this ship? We've never sailed on NCL, and I can't imagine the demand on this ship will be as high as is for the 3 specialty restaurants on Oasis/Allure, which do fill up and without reservations are very tough to get into. But seeing as how there are so many restaurant option on this ship, I really can't imagine there being any more than a 15 minute wait to get into one without reservations. Am I off base here? We were just hoping to truly freestyle this cruise and, in particular, the dining, to where we would just go day-to-day based on what we were in the mood for, as well as what the main rooms were serving.

On a related note, I might consider booking Ocean Blu regardless, seeing as how that (as a new highly touted restaurant) might be in demand. But we're not about to do so without seeing a menu, as my wife is the seafood fan and I'd need a steak option ;).

I would think that the main restaurant in high demand will be Ocean Blu, as it's new, but the extra expense may drive some people away too, who knows. I usually encourage people to book Teppanyaki ahead on other ships, but the Breakaway's Teppanyaki Room seats 96 according to the website, so even that might not be as hard. It's the shows that you really need to pre-book, especially Cirque. On the Epic, every show on every night was booked up at least by the second day, and Cirque was mostly gone before embarkation. Even the concierge couldn't get us in when we asked about switching nights.

For our sailing I have pre booked two dinners in Ocean Blu, and the Rock of Ges, Cirque, and Late Night Second City Comedy shows. The rest will wait until boarding. We are in a suite, so it helps to give the concierge a list on embarkation with the rest of our requests.

Robin

You don't need to book before the cruise but reservations onboard at least the day of are strongly advised. My guess Blu will be a tough reservation. As long as you are flexible about what time you eat you should be able to get same day reservations for most venues. Don't expect to walk up at 7:00 and only wait 15 minutes. Walk up at 9:00 and 15 minutes or less should be the case at most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I hope some concrete answers on this, if it a lunch murder, I am all on it. if not, then no...

Lol I am just the opposite, if its Murder Mytery Lunch, no chance (been there, done that, bored to tears) but might do the other.. Funny, the concierge desk didn't even show the Second City one, never thought to ask about the MML, but I suspect that's what they are showing for it instead...

Robin

Pictures NOT MINE, I meant to only quote podsnel's (Ellen) text only. Maybe I will try to edit my post.

*****not able to remove pictures from Ellen's post above****

No worries! :) Glad it was helpful!

Very cool, thanks for sharing. And welcome to the M6 club (we have one too!...though evidently I've come quickly to learn that it falls squarely into the not-our-cup-of-tea category for most CC'ers - their loss! :D) Anyways what week are you going? We're on the 5/19 sailing, getting pumped about it, nearly at the 45 day mark :cool:

I am VERY excited about being in the M6 club! I figure I am on a cruise with limited privacy to begin with, and if someone wants to waste their precious cruise time admiring my fat butt out there on my HUGE balcony- have at it, LOL! :rolleyes::p I do like having the bigger balcony- we had a corner aft on EOS and LOVED it- I would have booked AFT again, but those cabins sleep 3 max, and we have 4.

We are booked on the August 3rd, 2014 sailing- Cabin 8126. :D I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say about everything!

You don't need to book before the cruise but reservations onboard at least the day of are strongly advised. My guess Blu will be a tough reservation. As long as you are flexible about what time you eat you should be able to get same day reservations for most venues. Don't expect to walk up at 7:00 and only wait 15 minutes. Walk up at 9:00 and 15 minutes or less should be the case at most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Sounds good, and we rarely eat later than 6pm anyway while cruising, any later and we'd be in a food coma the rest of the night and we'd be toast. As for Blu I was thinking the same thing, though I will wait until a menu comes out, which hopefully will be very soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

No worries! :) Glad it was helpful!

I am VERY excited about being in the M6 club! I figure I am on a cruise with limited privacy to begin with, and if someone wants to waste their precious cruise time admiring my fat butt out there on my HUGE balcony- have at it, LOL! :rolleyes::p I do like having the bigger balcony- we had a corner aft on EOS and LOVED it- I would have booked AFT again, but those cabins sleep 3 max, and we have 4.

We are booked on the August 3rd, 2014 sailing- Cabin 8126. :D I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say about everything!

Now THAT'S the attitude! :D

I'll probably do a mini review of our M6 with photos so hopefully you'll like what you see with it. ;)

Sounds good, and we rarely eat later than 6pm anyway while cruising, any later and we'd be in a food coma the rest of the night and we'd be toast. As for Blu I was thinking the same thing, though I will wait until a menu comes out, which hopefully will be very soon.

I can tell you that on the Epic in the Med last Sept we could walk right into a specialty dining no waits, they even had specials everyday to book between 6 and 7 and get a free bottle of wine because they weren't selling them out.

The only thing I prebooked was Cirque for our at sea day and was glad we did, great show!

And I do plan on prebooking Cirque and Rock of ages for our upcoming Breakaway trip!

Does all the entertainment on the Breakaway have a fee or are there just regular nightly shows that are complimentary, I am becoming a bit confused with all the talk about Rock of Ages, etc., can someone clarify for me.

Thanks

Archived