Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

[quote name='lyndamr']Do you think they change the iteinerary to their usual pt. canaveral, nassau and out island?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I don't know why would they, Great stirrup cay is going to be a tender port anyway. But who knows, NCL has not said anything yet, I think they are keeping their fingers crossed that it will work out for the best.

[quote name='gambee']Honestly I don't know why would they, Great stirrup cay is going to be a tender port anyway. But who knows, NCL has not said anything yet, I think they are keeping their fingers crossed that it will work out for the best.[/quote]

You know what gets me is, if money is the big issue with this project for the Bermudian government, why the hell doesn't Norwegian just say, "screw this, we're paying for this darn thing" and just fit the bill?? I mean lets face it, if NCL can afford hundreds of millions of dollars to build ships, then I think they can swing the funds for the ports at which those ships are to dock. Yes, I know I may be oversimplifying the issue here, but in my personal experience, when all else has failed it may be time to man up, throw some $$$ at the problem and get it done. No excuses for this though, no matter how you slice it, considering this company has literally spent [I]years [/I]planning new ships, but at the last minute the stupid docks aren't even up to stuff. Laughable. Its like designing and constructing a brand new multi million dollar home, state of the art with all the bells and whistles, and when the time comes for a grand opening you realize that the town has neglected to finish paving your road. :cool:

[quote name='joeski27']You know what gets me is, if money is the big issue with this project for the Bermudian government, why the hell doesn't Norwegian just say, "screw this, we're paying for this darn thing" and just fit the bill?? I mean lets face it, if NCL can afford hundreds of millions of dollars to build ships, then I think they can swing the funds for the ports at which those ships are to dock. Yes, I know I may be oversimplifying the issue here, but in my personal experience, when all else has failed it may be time to man up, throw some $$$ at the problem and get it done. No excuses for this though, no matter how you slice it, considering this company has literally spent [I]years [/I]planning new ships, but at the last minute the stupid docks aren't even up to stuff. Laughable. Its like designing and constructing a brand new multi million dollar home, state of the art with all the bells and whistles, and when the time comes for a grand opening you realize that the town has neglected to finish paving your road. :cool:[/quote]

I think a bigger issue is that is a relatively new pier and according reports was not done properly in the first place. Now people are hearing that more money is needed.

It won't stop us from going on Breakaway either....but I think the logistics of trying to tender that many people will be a huge problem and I think it would end up being a deal breaker for a lot of people that want to cruise Breakaway to Bermuda.

My guess is that Norwegian will try and use whatever money and power they have to get this thing rectified as soon as possible. They have too much of an investment to sail there at less than full capacity (which might happen if there will be tendeing involved)

Thanks for all the replies on my previous question. Now a new one.....

Is the salt room in the thermal spa? I heard you can buy weekly passes for the thermal spa but there are a limited number? If we don't manage to snag them can we do a day pass to try out the salt room?

[quote name='KEPE']Thanks for all the replies on my previous question. Now a new one.....

Is the salt room in the thermal spa? I heard you can buy weekly passes for the thermal spa but there are a limited number? If we don't manage to snag them can we do a day pass to try out the salt room?[/quote]
I don't plan on using the Spa, but on embarkation day, they generally let all take 'tours' of the entire spa, so I must remember to take advantage of that opportunity.........:)

[quote name='gambee']

She is looking very ready :)[/quote]

You know the funny thing is, you almost have to feel bad for the Getaway, kinda like being the second child, since the birth of the first one gets a whole lot more hoopla! I mean how sad is it that we're going so far as to post Getaway construction pictures just so we can get a tiny, obscure glimpse of Breakaway in the background, LOL :D. I mean unless someone wants to start an "Everything Getaway" thread, which I kind of don't see happening for a while.

Poor Getaway :(:(:(

It doesn't look good, perhaps we will be tendering, wish I knew but that won't stop me from going on this cruise.

With you on this.....it won't be the ideal situation....but we are going either way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess there is a chance that by August it might be fixed....that is what I will tell myself....then deal with whatever the situation is....

On further review, I think the workers in the distance are standing on Deck 7.

So, the ship that the workers are standing on in the background is the Breakaway?

:)

Oh, it looks like it is coming along rather well!

Thanks.

Don't know if this shipmodel is already posted, it's from last year and doesn't show much new. Just nice to know or good for a quick peek. I didn't see it before so here it goes:

Breakaway shipmodel. (removed image, too large)

Source: http://www.mikeyscruiseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/model.jpg

"NCL unveiled a Norwegian Breakaway interactive exhibit in the Grand Lounge of New York’s historic Radio City Music Hall. This features a 1:100 scale model of the 4,000 passenger ship. Guests attending the shows have the opportunity to tour the exhibit to view the model and learn all about the ship’s unique attributes, entertainment and dining etc."

Pic of the booth where the model is displayed.

Source: http://malcolmoliver.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/breakaway-booth1.jpg

Archived