Tropical Storm Isaac

jratly

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale tomorrow and cruising on Allure of the Seas on Sunday. Isaac may give us rain and wind, but the captain will keep us safe no matter where RCI tells him to take us. We have Captain Johnny, and you can bet he'll be full of unusual antics, but I also have faith in him keeping all of us and him and "his" ship safe! He is a fun captain!!!:D I don't care if the ship goes to any port, since this is my first cruise on this megaship, the ship is the DESTINATION!

Hi stranger! Remember me? Hope you and John have a fabulous cruise. I'll email you when you return. Need your advice.

Oasis will probably sail due east and go around the storm, tropical winds are not supposed to hit here until late Saturday and continue thru Sunday so it maybe a little rough sailing for The Allure.

Captain will keep you safe but can't smooth the waves and turn off the wind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are flying down to Florida and would like to head down early, it looks like some of the airlines are starting to issue waivers... Just saw this over on the Delta site:

"you may make a one-time change to your ticket without fee if you are scheduled to travel to, from, or through the following cities on Delta, Delta Connection®, or Delta-coded flights during the specified time periods listed below."

The link follows for specifics....

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/flight_status_updates/advisories/isaac/index.jsp

Hi, again!! Hope you and your husband are well and still cruising! We are packed and will fly down to Ft Lauderdale in the morning. From there, who knows??

Should be quite an adventure. Allure is definitely on my bucket list. Of course we're still cruising!

New update also no longer lists Oasis cruise for tomorrow, so I guess they will still have Eastern Caribbean ports.(St Thomas, St Maarten and Nassau) I am hoping they change our itinerary on Allure to the Eastern ports.

I was always under the impression the reason the Oasis class ships had alternating Western, Eastern Caribbean routes is due to the size of these ships. I don't think the eastern route ports have the capability of more than one dock each of the Oasis ships can utilize simultaneously. Maybe Falmouth could, (western, I know), but it would certainly be crowded. Unless there is some way to juggle the days the ships are in port, changing one of the Oasis class ships' itinerary for both to be in the same port seems rather slim. Would be cool, though. Truly understand your wish and would definitely be interesting to see. Good luck!

I was always under the impression the reason the Oasis class ships had alternating Western, Eastern Caribbean routes is due to the size of these ships. I don't think the eastern route ports have the capability of more than one dock each of the Oasis ships can utilize simultaneously. Maybe Falmouth could, (western, I know), but it would certainly be crowded. Unless there is some way to juggle the days the ships are in port, changing one of the Oasis class ships' itinerary for both to be in the same port seems rather slim. Would be cool, though. Truly understand your wish and would definitely be interesting to see. Good luck!

I don't think Allure will get into Port Everglades Sunday. If the two mega ships both go the same itinerary, they will do the ports different days, I would think. We are packed and ready for whatever comes our way. Bonine, ginger gum and sea bands will hopefully do their trick!;):rolleyes: We'll be in Ft Lauderdale this afternoon unless our flight gets canceled.

I don't think Allure will get into Port Everglades Sunday. If the two mega ships both go the same itinerary, they will do the ports different days, I would think. We are packed and ready for whatever comes our way. Bonine, ginger gum and sea bands will hopefully do their trick!;):rolleyes: We'll be in Ft Lauderdale this afternoon unless our flight gets canceled.

Kay, how's the weather in Tn? You must be so stressed.

Its one of the risks we take by booking during hurri season. Have a safe trip and enjoy, I know I would :)

New update also no longer lists Oasis cruise for tomorrow, so I guess they will still have Eastern Caribbean ports.(St Thomas, St Maarten and Nassau) I am hoping they change our itinerary on Allure to the Eastern ports.

Looking at the current weather, I can't imagine we're going to Nassau tomorrow. Nevertheless, I'll be on the Oasis in a few hours.

Hope everyone makes it down here safely. :)

It hasn't been posted on the RCCL update page yet, but Marc the CD on Monarch posted that they will be skipping Nassau today. So the weekend cruise on that ship will be all sea days.

Kathy also posted from the Monarch on her Facebook page today that Nassau was concealed. Cruise to nowhere....;)

Both ships did the Western this week.

The Port Everglades ship schedule now shows Allure not arriving until 8/28.

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

For the past two years, I sailed on Freedom out of Canaveral leaving this same weekend. Glad to know it isn't me that caused all of the diversions. If I would have went again it would be three disruptions in a row. :)

For the past two years, I sailed on Freedom out of Canaveral leaving this same weekend. Glad to know it isn't me that caused all of the diversions. If I would have went again it would be three disruptions in a row. :)

I was afraid it was us because this is going to be our "13th cruise" :)

Thats correct info. We know crew on board and they told me they would be back till Tuesday.

Newest RCI "update"

Tropical Weather Update

August 25, 2012

10:30 a.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Tropical Storm Isaac to ensure guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern.

Given Tropical Storm Isaac's current location and projected path, and the forecasted weather for South Florida, Allure of the Seas' next sailing will now begin on Tuesday, August 28. We ask that guests who are scheduled to sail on Allure of the Seas on Sunday, August 26, not arrive at the port until 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 28. We kindly ask that guests come to the terminal between 11:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 28, for check-in and boarding.

Regrettably, the delayed departure will have an impact on the scheduled itinerary. Allure of the Seas will now spend Wednesday, August 29, at sea, call to Cozumel, Mexico, on Thursday, August 30, spend Friday, August 31, at sea, and Nassau, Bahamas, on Saturday, September 1.

If you are sailing on Allure of the Seas' next sailing and you feel you will not be able to arrive on Tuesday, please call us at 888-829-4050 in the U.S., and 408-926-9002 internationally.

We encourage guests sailing Majesty of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas on Monday, August 27, continue to monitor this website for any additional updates.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section on your preferred method of contact while traveling.

Royal Caribbean will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will update this information again today, August 25, at 5:00 p.m. E.S.T.

Just off the Oasis this morning. Perfect weather as we did the western route and stayed ahead of the storm. The captain mentioned at the Captain's Corner' yesterday he may alter the itinerary for the next sailing. It's pouring in Ft Lauderdale this morning. We're now on our way to Port Canaveral to board the Disney Fantasy for (hopefully) a week in the eastern Caribbean.

Just off the Oasis this morning. Perfect weather as we did the western route and stayed ahead of the storm. The captain mentioned at the Captain's Corner' yesterday he may alter the itinerary for the next sailing. It's pouring in Ft Lauderdale this morning. We're now on our way to Port Canaveral to board the Disney Fantasy for (hopefully) a week in the eastern Caribbean.

I like your style!

Newest RCI "update"

Tropical Weather Update

August 25, 2012

10:30 a.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Tropical Storm Isaac to ensure guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern.

Given Tropical Storm Isaac's current location and projected path, and the forecasted weather for South Florida, Allure of the Seas' next sailing will now begin on Tuesday, August 28. We ask that guests who are scheduled to sail on Allure of the Seas on Sunday, August 26, not arrive at the port until 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 28. We kindly ask that guests come to the terminal between 11:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 28, for check-in and boarding.

Regrettably, the delayed departure will have an impact on the scheduled itinerary. Allure of the Seas will now spend Wednesday, August 29, at sea, call to Cozumel, Mexico, on Thursday, August 30, spend Friday, August 31, at sea, and Nassau, Bahamas, on Saturday, September 1.

If you are sailing on Allure of the Seas' next sailing and you feel you will not be able to arrive on Tuesday, please call us at 888-829-4050 in the U.S., and 408-926-9002 internationally.

We encourage guests sailing Majesty of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas on Monday, August 27, continue to monitor this website for any additional updates.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section on your preferred method of contact while traveling.

Royal Caribbean will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will update this information again today, August 25, at 5:00 p.m. E.S.T.

So in a case like this one, does the Line offer some sort of compensation for the days lost?

Archived