GS versus JS

mnh

I currently have a center hump JS for myself and 2 granddaughters for 3-9-14 on Navigator. My daughter has now decided she my SIL and GS want to go also. My grandson is autistic so she would feel better having an inside cabin....we wanted one close to my cabin but there are none available for 3.

I can switch my cabin to a GS for 2 and book 4 of them in an inside for 4 directly across from the GS....by doing it this way if we combine everthing I would only be out $300 (yes I am payiing!)

I think we can get a couple of extra keys for the GS so they can enjoy the balcony too.

I am D+ and my daughter is D.

I have the cabins on hold.....thoughts?

I currently have a center hump JS for myself and 2 granddaughters for 3-9-14 on Navigator. My daughter has now decided she my SIL and GS want to go also. My grandson is autistic so she would feel better having an inside cabin....we wanted one close to my cabin but there are none available for 3.

I can switch my cabin to a GS for 2 and book 4 of them in an inside for 4 directly across from the GS....by doing it this way if we combine everthing I would only be out $300 (yes I am payiing!)

I think we can get a couple of extra keys for the GS so they can enjoy the balcony too.

I am D+ and my daughter is D.

I have the cabins on hold.....thoughts?

$300??? Run don't walk to your nearest phone, call the cruiseline and grab that G.S. :p

$300??? Run don't walk to your nearest phone, call the cruiseline and grab that G.S. :p

Agreed, $300 is a deal. Is that for a 7 day cruise? GS usually are a lot more than just $300 more. I've seen 1K and up difference between JS and GS many times.

We have 3 adults and 3 kids (9-15 at the time of the cruise).....I think I will go for it....with my gs's autisim you never know when he will be "in the mood".....with the GS at least one of the adults can stay behind at dinner and order off the MDR menu.

Just know that only those registered in the GS will get use of the concierge lounge, so you may want to do the booking so that those who will use the lounge will have access. You don't have to actually sleep the way your register....just a thought!

Just know that only those registered in the GS will get use of the concierge lounge, so you may want to do the booking so that those who will use the lounge will have access. You don't have to actually sleep the way your register....just a thought!

Good point. As a D+, you get CL access already so I would put the other adults in the GS, and then just switch the rooms onboard. Then you could all go to the CL. As long as you don't mind them getting double points instead of you.

Good point. As a D+, you get CL access already so I would put the other adults in the GS, and then just switch the rooms onboard. Then you could all go to the CL. As long as you don't mind them getting double points instead of you.

Great thought! I will do that!

There is soooo much difference in a JS and GS besides the difference in square footage. The quality of decor and furnishings is huge. The marble and space in the bath is hugely better than JS bath. Your balcony will be bigger due to increase in sq footage in GS.

I would not hesitate for a moment to make the switch!:)

how bad is the GS autism? I work with children with severe autism and other handicaps. If it is bad you may want to let RCCI know ahead of time so they are aware . I can not count how many times we are out on a field trip to a public place and one of our students has a full blown "meltdown" complete with screaming :eek: you should see the looks we get and the lovely lovely comments :mad: . Alot of people just don't understand and since most children with Autism do not look like they have a disability until they are having a difficult time or are doing their "rocking or stimming" people assume they are just being bratty.

It may help if they are aware ahead of time so they don't try to "help " and make a situation worse.

I don't mean to sound stupid by saying let "them" know but I am not certain who exactly you would contact :).

I don't mean to sound stupid by saying let "them" know but I am not certain who exactly you would contact :).

SHe can contact RCI's Special Needs Department. I don't have the number but I'm sure someone who has used it can provide it. It may be useful especially if OP's DGS plans to use AO as well.

how bad is the GS autism? I work with children with severe autism and other handicaps. If it is bad you may want to let RCCI know ahead of time so they are aware . I can not count how many times we are out on a field trip to a public place and one of our students has a full blown "meltdown" complete with screaming :eek: you should see the looks we get and the lovely lovely comments :mad: . Alot of people just don't understand and since most children with Autism do not look like they have a disability until they are having a difficult time or are doing their "rocking or stimming" people assume they are just being bratty.

It may help if they are aware ahead of time so they don't try to "help " and make a situation worse.

Most days he is ok....he is pretty much non verbal and can have melt downs when his senses are overloaded. I had planned to contact Royal or I may even switch "his" cabin to Autism of the Seas....from what I have read they would be the go between us and Royal.

When it is just the two of us, no problems. He will sit with me no matter what I a m doing. I think with 3 adults we can split time up if need be and give him his quite time in the cabin....the GS should be great for all involved!

Yes I read an artical about autism of the seas and when I posted my reply earlier for the life of me I could not remember what it was called:o. That sound like a great idea. It will also give you a support system someone who actually understands . Good luck I hope you all enjoy the cruise and that your DGS has a great time. I know that for alot of children and adults with autism a change in rutine can be difficult (new sights ,sounds and smells ) little things we just don't think about can be so over whelming for them since they process things in ways we really can not understand. Hopefuilly you can come up with some social stories for him to prepare him for what he will see , hear and do on the ship. I have a few students who travel and have a great time when they do . Last year I was so jealous...we got a new student (7yrs old) who had just come back from a vacation in Puta cona (probably spelled it wrong).

I am sure you will have a wonderful time!!

My last cruise was on the Navigator and we LOVED it we had a junior suite so I can just imagine how wonderful a grand suite on there will be.

hope you let us know how it went when you come back!!:)

Archived