Poll: Do you read your cruise contract?

Do you read your cruise contract???  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read your cruise contract???

• Yes and I understand it.
    • Yes, but I don't understand it.
    • No
    • What's a cruise contract?

You either accept it or don't cruise.

It's like going to the hospital for a procedure and you sign all these fine print forms. What are you going to do? Try and cross out sections? If you do, then no procedure.

I assume my lawyer can always plead I ain't smart enough to understand all that lawyerese and I signed under duress.

That also my reason to always have third party travel insurance.

Two people posted the same poll within 3 minutes of one another. Odd. Never seen that happen before.

As an explanation, I had created a post asking someone to tell me how to create a poll. A responder went above and beyond my request for info (:)) and created one for me! In the meantime, I discovered on my own how to do one. Unfortunately, the result was two polls on the same subject. Sorry for any confusion!!!!!:o

I said NO because I did read it the first time. 50 some cruises later, no, I no longer read it.

Heck first cruise I read every single word and letter I could get my hand on. It was part of the excitement.

Me too! I glance at it to see if there are any glaring changes but I think that someone on CC would alert us if there was something strange and dangerous in the contract!:D I do not intend to misbehave or engage in arguments with other cruisers or staff, so I think I'm ok to go!

I have read them in the past and understood most of it. As noted, it covers Royal for almost all liability. I think if most people read it, many of the complaints on CC would disappear. My luggage was lost, we missed a port, my room service was 2 minutes late, would no longer be new threads. People would simply accept it for what it is and roll with the punches.

I have read it for several cruises.

My personal favorite clause in the cruise contract is in the section about photographs. RCL reserves the rights to use those photos they take in the "universe"... they don't say "world", they don't say "galaxy" the word used in "universe".

That is thinking ahead.

Archived