that attention to detail!

May B

Did you all notice that your email today from Azamara was touting a sailing on January 15, 2012? I think I should volunteer to proofread their stuff -- what do you think??!!

But what actually caught my eye was that it seems to be advertising a 26-night B2B starting in Rio de Janeiro on Jan. 15th of 2013 -- when I sure as heck hope they're actually planning to leaving from Buenos Aires on Jan. 15th of 2013 -- otherwise I'll be standing on the dock, wondering where my ship is!

oh dear...by now you'd think they'd have learned their lesson about proofreading (with all the mistakes on the shore excursions etc.) I'll bet they are really talking about January 5 and 15 cruises...the Jan 5 (the one we're on) leaves from Rio.

not only am on the 15th cruise i did not get that email.. but as someone who proof reads others mistakes- not mine- I see things all the time that are wrong..

somethings leave where i volunteer with the wrong info. . i did not proof read any of it!

we all make mistakes but rio is a biggie. mare ikeep trying to find the time to post on your thread with ideas.. been to all those ports.

oh dear...by now you'd think they'd have learned their lesson about proofreading (with all the mistakes on the shore excursions etc.) I'll bet they are really talking about January 5 and 15 cruises...the Jan 5 (the one we're on) leaves from Rio.

It seems that the IT person has another duty and this is really a side job for them...no joke, I have worked for organizations where the person would be fired for these types of mistakes...certainly with a company who's demographic is super saavy!

Have only received one email and one brochure since signing up last November for our first Azamara cruise. Sign-ups on Azamara website and telephone calls to Azamara have been useless.

I keep reading that the onboard experience is great, but it certainly would be nice to know of upcoming cruises and deals to get me interested in re-booking.

(Edit: meant "Now" rather than "Not" in my post's title; guess I really am ticked.:D)

We've been on 9 Azamara cruises and 3 Oceania cruises and I've signed up for promotional mailings (email or other) from both. I get mail from Oceania at least once a week. I get nothing from Azamara. I continue to wonder why. I've tried to sign up with Azamara three times. NOTHING.

Hey Marketing Department. WAKE UP. Is there any better prospect for another cruise than me? You're missing the boat (so to speak).

Azamara- thank God- does not fill my mail box with promos etc.. i am so sick of the crap Oceania sends out weekly. never even comes into my house.

emails- not sure if i ever tried to get them.. do ont want them.. i jsut look at the cruises and call them or book on the ship..

be happy you are not getting all that junk mail.

but as someone who proof reads others mistakes- not mine- I see things all the time that are wrong..

somethings leave where i volunteer with the wrong info. . i did not proof read any of it!

Sadly proof reading is a very rarely practised skill in so many places today.

Just seems that there are some poor decisions and lack of attention to detail coming out of the Sales and Marketing department. The IT person simply uploads what they are given and assumes it has been approved and is accurate.

Azamara- thank God- does not fill my mail box with promos etc.. i am so sick of the crap Oceania sends out weekly. never even comes into my house.

emails- not sure if i ever tried to get them.. do ont want them.. i jsut look at the cruises and call them or book on the ship..

I do not require weekly, but there certainly is much better communications/marketing timing than one welcoming email with no follow-up and one small cruise informative brochure in almost 10 months. And there are many limited-time promotions of which I am not aware.

BTW, my cruise sails in 49 days. Will I get any information in snail mail or by email about it at all?

Sadly proof reading is a very rarely practised skill in so many places today.

That is soooooo true Uktog. Proof reading seems to be a lost art, or taken for granted. It's amazing how many emails I receive with inaccurate information, typos and the like. Other Cruise lines are guilty as well.

It's most unfortunate that Azamara (or whomever is responsible for this process), is unable to spend a few extra minutes on the project, and get it right.

If you don't want to get the mailings, just have Oceania take you off the list. For those of us who DO want the mailings and emails, we should be able to get them.

To each her own.

If you don't want to get the mailings, just have Oceania take you off the list. For those of us who DO want the mailings and emails, we should be able to get them.

To each her own.

please tell me should i call the 800 number? seem only snail mail not email.

... and weren't even planning a June cruise. Got the email about it (Equinox) around April 27th, booked on April 30th, sailed on June 22nd, loved it, absolutely adored it. Wouldn't have gone if it weren't for the email!

Actually, I'm booked on my Azamara Quest on January 15th b/c of an email offer I received from one of the big online agencies. Didn't book with them -- but wouldn't've booked at all, if it weren't for that email!

So all I can say is, thank goodness for emails, and thank goodness we can smile at the little errors that creep into the written work.

And thank goodness for Ed, who reminds us that the Attention to Detail onboard the Azamara ships greatly exceeds the Non-Attention to Detail in the Miami office.

And while we're thanking goodness, I'll thank goodness for Bill Leiber and Host Andy.

please tell me should i call the 800 number? seem only snail mail not email.

Don't call. Instead, go to http://www.oceaniacruises.com/changeofaddress.aspx . This is the change of address link, where you can either change your address OR remove your name and address from their mailing list. Choice number two should stop the mailings.

Archived