Ladies...do you dress to impress?

susie8862

Well, I try to pack light so I am probably not "inpressing" everyone with my wardrobe. I generally tell myself "you will never see these people again" when I put on the same shorts and hoodie each morning. And I don't travel with my Rolex or my wedding ring so I can't impress them with my bling either.

But I do check out what other people are wearing! Sometimes I wish I were traveling with a girlfriend instead of my husband so I could share catty comments. Like shoes. I'll play a game to see if I can spot 10 cute shoes in 10 minutes or so. Its amazing how many people just wear comfortable shoes (hey, to each their own!) when there ARE cute comfortable sandals out there! Or people who don't realize they would look a lot better in clothes one size larger. Or people who really should not wear bikinis. Meow.

So I do appreciate your dressing up so I can admire you1

Once we were having a drink while watching the Early Seating diners filing into the MDR on Formal Night. The best dressed lady I saw was in her 70s. She just had on a stunning evening gown that fit her to perfection and was so much more beautiful than everything else I saw.

I'm very much into clothes at home!

I try. I usually start shopping the minute I book the cruise and continue until the time of packing.

I will never forget our very first cruise.. boy did we get some odd looks with 5 pieces of luggage! I didn't even wear 1/2 of it!

This time, we are traveling with a 1 year old.. so his stuff is going to take up a lot of room, leaving me to pack lightly. I still plan to dress all out for formal nights and try to wear a dress every evening. I have accessories and jewelry for every outfit too. ;)

I dress mainly for comfort. Although I do take several sundresses that can be worn to dinner and then the next day in port. I normally take tennis shoes and a couple of pair of sandles and leave the heels at home.

I love, love, love dressing up. I dress to impress my husband since my standard wardrobe is business attire and sweats around the house, so formal nights I try to step the sexiness up a notch. I don't pay much attention to what others wear. Live and let live I say :cool:

I love dresses, but I don't get to wear them much in my everyday life (I'm a librarian, but the department I run is a lot of fairly messy manual labor that's tough on clothes) so vacations (land or sea) are my one chance to dress up and wear my 'fancy' jewelry. I don't care if other people do, but I think it's fun to dress for dinner.

I love clothes, shoes, purses/bags. Period.

I also always notice what people are wearing...

Do you dress to impress, for yourself, for your spouse or perhaps you just are not into clothes?:o

No, I don't dress to impress anyone, including myself.;)

And I rarely notice what others are wearing.:D

I am a lover of all things related to fashion, therefore I dress on a cruise like I dress everyday with the exception of heels in the daytime. I replace them with cute and “blingy” sandals. I want to look nice for me and my sweetie and yes I may over do it for some who feel like whatever I’m on vacation but this is just me. I am a little more lax about purses, bags and clutches so I limit the amount I take, but I still take a few to coordinate with my outfits.

At time I see people on a cruise an may not dress the way they are but I try not to judge anyone as I don’t want any wondering why I’m dressed the way I dress. Simple reason for both types of peopled “Because we want to”.

I dress in what makes me feel good, and also what my hubby likes. If it's something I like and he doesn't (ruffles, for instance), I am the tie-breaker. ;)

I refuse to give up just because I have a child and am getting older. I'm all for going casual some of the time, but effort should still be made, IMHO.

I dress for myself(to feel good) and for my husband(to look good).

^This. I like to look and feel good, and keep hubby on his toes. He does the same for me. I don't care how long we're married, it's always important to flirt and keep piquing each others interest. Plus shopping and wearing clothes that look great on me is just plain old fun! :)

I don't know if I "dress to impress", but I do care about what I look like and I do love clothes - so I do make the effort. It makes me feel better and more confident if I'm dressed nicely. I really don't care what others wear - if it's appropriate to the occasion. I think it's really disrespectful to show up on Elegant Night in cut-offs and flipflops. If you don't want to make the effort to dress up a bit - then eat at the buffet. Let the rest of us enjoy looking at the nice outfits. I do admit I'm sort of a "label junky". Even if no one else knows - I always feel more confident if I'm wearing a designer label (even if I got it on clearance - which I always do.)

I dress for myself (to feel good) and for my husband (to look good). I don't really care what anyone else wears unless they look really grubby or are falling out of their clothing!!

I agree with this with the exception I don't care if others are grubby or falling our of their clothes, it's their issue, not mine.

I chalk up my slight obsession with overpacking for a cruise with the fact that I'm still single. I guess I'm on the lookout and therefore want to look good. Not that I expect to meet future husband material on a cruise (I mean it happens), but it never hurts to put your best foot forward. I think my grandmother ingrained it into me too. She was always one to not go out with her hair a mess or not at least somewhat put together, unless she was coming to the farm to see us.

A blogger I read says: "Fashion is what they give you, style is what you make of it." I'm paraphrasing of course.

A new girl a work was very nice about complementing my clothes a lot and told me she just wasn't a shopper and didn't really fuss about her wardrobe. I told her not to worry about it, that she just needed to be herself and that was the best choice she could make. I've recently seen a spike in her clothing choices and I like the fact that she made changes on her own for herself, makes it so much better.

I think ladies dress to impress other ladies. Men are easily impressed. I wouldn't know the difference between an expensive shoe or an outfit from a Wal-Mart . What impresses me is a ladies smile and kindness.

Losing my cruiseginity Sept.16 ,2012 "Chuck"

I "dress" for dinner every night on a cruise. We have to fly, so I try to take 1 or 2 nice pairs of heels that will go with every dress/skirt in order to cut down on the amount of luggage. I do usually take another pair of formal shoes for the 2 "elegant nights" and try to make sure that pair goes with both gowns/dresses. DH loves it when I dress up, and I love it, too! I also try to match DH's shirt and tie with my gown on elegant night, and people give us compliments, which I enjoy (DH is just slightly embarrassed, LOL).

I always take several swimsuits, too. I have an unbelievable wardrobe of swimsuits, and I just got another one for our upcoming cruise. I'm always looking for nice suits and try to catch them on sale (with cute coverups, too).

Otherwise, I take some yoga clothes and a pair of tennis shoes for comfort, but really I'm in a swimsuit/coverup during the day and then dress clothes in the evening, so I don't need much else.

I always notice what others are wearing but acknowledge that they have the right to dress however they want, just like I do :-)

If Im dressing to impress .. Im obviously failing miserably lol

I never was good with hair or makeup and admit it. Throw on the most comfortable clothes. I bought new cruise clothes to go meet my TA who is a Lord in England and going to wear some uncomfortable shoes at night.. going to put my best foot forward.. so to speak. :D

I do not dress to impress. I like to look neat, clean and current. I wear what I think flatters my figure the most. I'm also a big fan of comfort. Accessories are my new friends because they can dress up a simple outfit.

As a plus size woman that doesn't feel sexy in anything, I dress for comfort. But as I lose more weight, I dress for myself. Seeing myself fit into more fashionable, age appropriate clothing makes me happy. DH couldn't care less what I wear, so I definately dress for me.

Archived