Princess Volcano

Kenosha Cruiser

We were posting recently on our roll call about Princess deserts and how good they were. One lady mentioned her husband ordered a "Princess Volcano" off the children's menu, it's a super banana split with 3 scoops of ice cream, 1 banana, marshmellows, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, nuts and a few other things. She said it was so big, that it's hard for one person to eat. I'm gonna have to try this on the Emerald Princess in Nov. Has anyone else tried this and what do they think? I'm also wondering if anyone has a picture of it to post? Yummy Yummy:)

Cheers - Ken

I just did a google search, clicked images and found one immediately:)

Thanks Chrysalis, I did a search and found it from an old cruise critic post from Sept 2010. I'll post that picture on our roll call. It looks good, but I will have to hit the tread mill afterwards, to burn off the calories.:D

Cheers - Ken

One young man at our table on the Grand Princess ordered it with my suggestion, since I've seen write up on it on CC. It was huge, and his whole family shared it, we all had a good laugh. I wonder how many other goodies are on the children's menu that us adults don't know about??::p

I've had a Volcano a number of times on Princess cruises and they are very yummy! I'm sorry to admit that most times, I finished it off!!

When I asked for a Volcano on one cruise, the waiter looked at me very blankly and said he's not heard of that one, but after his visit to the kitchen, along it came! Its my favourite dessert on Princess cruises, but have to eat less dinner to fit it in!!

Eating just one of them will result in your gaining two pounds. Seriously. Whether you think it's worth it is a matter of opinion.

I'd say it is.

Edited by shepp

We were posting recently on our roll call about Princess deserts and how good they were.

After reading about this here I ordered it once.

It is nothing special.

But, it is BIG. If your goal is to eat food by the pound,

this is the item to order!

It would be like going to the supermarket, buying a half-gallon

of store brand ice cream, and eating it. Sure, you can do it...

...but there are so many better things on a cruise to spend your

calories on...

Also on the kids menu is the Alphabet Soup. My daughter loved it and my husband got hooked too when something a bit plainer.

Basically a good clear chicken soup with pasta letter shapes.

Gillian

Edited by sotong

I have ordered it once on each of my princess cruises(3). It is yummy. I get werid looks from both the waiter and others, but, who cares? It is fun and reminds me of when I was a kid getting my first giant banana split with my dad. It is worth the memory and the weight gain, haha. I have actually never finished it, but my hubby always joins in on the fun. Have a fun cruise!

DH just enjoyed one last week on the Island. It was gorgeous - lots of whipped cream- and when passengers seated at nearby tables saw it, several more were ordered.

It's really a banana split covered in whipped cream and topped with sprinkles. And my 60-something year old "kid" loves it, on occasion.

I, OTOH, am still trying to figure out how to order just a bowl of whipped cream for dessert, without seeming strange. Yes, I know it's bad for me, but if I go directly to what I like most, instead of combining it with others bad things I can do without, I am, in the end, better off. I think. Which is why the whipped cream on DH's volcano that was on my side of the table was largely missing when he turned his dessert around.