Movie Scene of our Cruise Ship

Jimnbigd

This past weekend my wife and I watched a 2006 TV movie called "Falling in Love with the Girl Next Door" with Patty Duke and Shelly Long. To our surprise there was a nice shot of the Norwegian Star docked in Catalina, which we took in May, 2003, in Hawaii. Have any of you ever watched a movie or TV show that showed a ship you've sailed?

Yes. One of them is on the Crystal Serenity. It is a show about the ship as part of the Mighty Ship Series. We are actually in it. It's been shown on the Canada Discovery Channel (we saw a copy of it) and will be shown in the USA sometime later this year.

Keith

This past weekend my wife and I watched a 2006 TV movie called "Falling in Love with the Girl Next Door" with Patty Duke and Shelly Long. To our surprise there was a nice shot of the Norwegian Star docked in Catalina, which we took in May, 2003, in Hawaii. Have any of you ever watched a movie or TV show that showed a ship you've sailed?

I guess a home movie of me in a rowboat wouldn't count?:D

I was going to mention Out to Sea. Scenes of that were apparently shot on the Westerdam, (the old one, not the current one), which we sailed in 1995. Wasn't much of the interior I recognized, so I assumed those were filmed in a studio, but the exterior shots of the ship were real.

I wondered which cruise ship Ironman flies over in The Avengers as he's redirecting the bomb at the end.

There's also some version of a Carnival ship on the latest Chipmunks movie... though their cabin isn't on any ship I can find!

LOL I thought the same thing when I saw that movie..

OP- Good to know! We are going on the Star in November and I might have to rent that movie just to see that scene. :)

The Queen Elizabeth 2 was in the original Brideshead Revisited series, made in the 1980s, and in the comedy series "Keeping Up Appearances" when the snooty couple go on board for a cruise, only to find the poorer part of the family on board, having won a competition!

Jo.

Archived