Leaving During BMG?

Abby1234

Are you allowed to leave during the performance of Blue Man Group. We are cruising with our daughter and would like to take her to the show knowing that if it is too much for her we will need to leave. We are planning on sitting in the back on the aisle so if needed we can leave without disturbing others too much.

Of course you can leave anytime you want. I assume you child is very young and that would be ok if the child was not into it or restless or crying.

Anyone that walks out of a show because they dont like it is just plain rude. The show is only 45 minutes. That is so rude to the performers.

Agreed. Unless you are ill or have a child who needs attending, just watch the show. It is a few minutes of your life and they put in 100s of hours training to perform for you. If it isn't to your taste, chalk it up to a learning experience and find something to like about the effort the performers are exhibiting.

Thank you for the responses. Yes she is younger but I do think she would enjoy it, however I do not want to be a bother for others around us if she were to lose interest. I just wanted to make sure that we were allowed to leave the performance. My husband and I are really looking forward to the performance BUT will not keep a child in the theater if she is not interested.

I took my daughter to see it (and will again). We arrived early to get a back row aisle seat so we could leave without disturbing anyone. It is loud though so if you child is at all sensitive, bring some sort of ear protection - I'm thinking of bringing her headphones next year so I don't have to sit and hold her ears for 45 minutes:D

BTW, she loved it!!! There was one part that scared her though and I am positive that the 'blue man' who was in the audience picked up on it because his direct stair into her eyes quickly changed and he started to back away quickly. (trying not to give away too much of the show!)

Edit: I completely forgot to answer your question - you can most certainly leave the show if necessary (hence our choice of seats!). Enjoy and have fun.

There was one part that scared her though and I am positive that the 'blue man' who was in the audience picked up on it because his direct stair into her eyes quickly changed and he started to back away quickly. (trying not to give away too much of the show!)

Having seen BMG in NYC, Vegas and Chicago multiple times - every time I've seen them respond to kids - whether encouraging or backing off. They are quite the professionals.

If kids are into music, it's likely that they would enjoy the show. I'd absolutely recommend ear plugs. Heck, I'm planning to wear earplugs :)

Don't leave unless it's absolutely unavoidable. The same can be applied to taking your child to a restaurant, movie, etc.

Besides, I was unexpectedly pulled out of the audience to participate in a BMG skit on the Epic. If you left too early, you might've missed my stellar performance.:D

Don't leave unless it's absolutely unavoidable. The same can be applied to taking your child to a restaurant' date=' movie, etc.

Besides, I was unexpectedly pulled out of the audience to participate in a BMG skit on the Epic. If you left too early, you might've missed my stellar performance.:D[/quote']

Twinkies? :)

Are you allowed to leave during the performance of Blue Man Group. We are cruising with our daughter and would like to take her to the show knowing that if it is too much for her we will need to leave. We are planning on sitting in the back on the aisle so if needed we can leave without disturbing others too much.

Our group of six saw the BMG in the Epic last May. Many people departed before the show was over, some were sitting up front.

We were seated in an area that made it harder to get out without cutting in front of many people, so we stayed for the entire show, even though we wanted to leave early.

The show was designed to appeal to 11 year olds. It involved spitting up and showing the inside of a passenger's throat.

Thank you for the responses. Yes she is younger but I do think she would enjoy it, however I do not want to be a bother for others around us if she were to lose interest. I just wanted to make sure that we were allowed to leave the performance. My husband and I are really looking forward to the performance BUT will not keep a child in the theater if she is not interested.

I just wanted to thank you for being considerate of those around you.

It's funny, I've been watching the other thread where posters are jumping on people with children in restaurants and the parents who don't remove them when they cause a fuss and yet for some reason the posters on this thread are upset with you for wanting to make sure you could remove your child should be be an issue.

Saw BMG twice....first time on the Epic, and then again in Vegas (same show, by the way). Would see it again, given the chance.

Depending on age, there's nothing inappropriate in the show. My guess is your daughter will love it if she's not an infant. It's musical, very funny, touching in places, and is a testament to the originators creativeness. To play percussion as they do (and yes, it's loud) is amazing in and of itself.

Your daughter would probably love it. In the off chance she doesn't, as others mentioned, an aisle seat in the back would be desirable.

Don't leave unless it's absolutely unavoidable. The same can be applied to taking your child to a restaurant' date=' movie, etc.

Besides, I was unexpectedly pulled out of the audience to participate in a BMG skit on the Epic. If you left too early, you might've missed my stellar performance.:D[/quote']

Ahhhh.....question I've always had has been answered. They don't "plant" a person in the audience for that sketch. BTW....that's one of our favorite parts of the show.

I don't think anyone is "upset", just pointing out that it is rude to leave a live show. It would be akin to spitting out food at a host's house because you "don't like it". You swallow it anyway and you learn a lesson maybe not to eat at that host's house again. Be respectful of others who are working hard to entertain you and unless you are ill or really uncomfortable, stay and take away from it what you can. A good lesson for a child to learn, IMO.

While not inappropriate, I can't imagine a child of less than 5 or 6 yrs old enjoying or understanding much of this show.

Just don't be late for the start.

Trust me on this one.

I agree...they will point you out and shine the spot light on you and tell you it was nice of you to join. (Well, I think it was a tv monitor that said it since they don't actually talk) :D It was hilarious.

Although I'm sure it's rude to leave during any performance, some times it's unavoidable or some times it's just so bad that you need to leave. I have left a show prior to the ending just because it was really that bad (a comedian that just did not have any humor and very dry jokes and all they wanted to do was sell you stuff). I figure that it's my time and if I didn't like the show, there was no use staying there when I could be doing something else. (We were in the very back at the top and quietly removed ourselves. If we were in the middle or noticeable, we wouldn't have disturbed others to leave).

That's one way to look at it. Another is the flip side- sticking it out is literally a few minutes of your life. A few minutes that, IMO, are well spent respecting others even if their act doesn't entertain you.

It may cost us about 15-30 minutes of our lives but we made a hard-working performer feel good and showed that we at least respect the effort they put into their craft.

I think it may have been the Cirque show where they frowned on you leaving during the performance. It may have had to do with the actors entering and exiting in the aisles during the dinner theater performance.

Having seen BMG in NYC, Vegas and Chicago multiple times - every time I've seen them respond to kids - whether encouraging or backing off. They are quite the professionals.

If kids are into music, it's likely that they would enjoy the show. I'd absolutely recommend ear plugs. Heck, I'm planning to wear earplugs :)

I figured he was well aware of the situation and I truly appreciated it actually:)

The show really was a ton of fun and as you say, any child who loves music should love the show!

For whatever it's worth - my personal opinion is that professionals have pretty thick skin and don't sweat people leaving a show - PARTICULARLY on a cruise ship. It's a wholly different type of audience and atmosphere. I'd be willing to bet the veterans barely even notice when someone leaves.

Truth of the matter is that the shows - regardless of "type" aren't for everyone. And when people aren't paying for the show, they're much more likely to wander in and wander out. I don't see anything wrong with that - as long as they do so respectfully - i.e. quietly.

Archived