Summit Aqua Aft Cabins 1133/1130...

rainbowbeach

For anyone that wants more balcony space, the Cat. C1s on Deck 7 are much deeper than 1130 (especially) and 1138. Plus, you don't get the smoke and noise from the Sunset Bar. ;)

We had no smoke or noise from below or above. Plus on deck 11 you get Blu not available with C1s. Not to mention a more relaxing view. 1138's balcony was big enough for us. We did have some soot though so beach towels took care of that. But to each their own.

Oh avid, we didn't need the bucket. Our cabin attendant, who really didn't like Pina Colada, took care of it

We were on the Summit in August this year to Bermuda. We were in 1138, third cabin over from you. We had two lounges, one regular chair and foot rest with a table.

Pina%20Colada%20enjoying%20the%20view_zpsiu9decq8.jpg

That's our view. The pigeon is named Pina Colada by the bar staff below. He/she stayed a lot on our deck. I called it a he, my DW called it a she. He had been on the Summit for 3 months after getting on in Bermuda. Don't know if he's still on board.

You'll have a great view and an almost private elevator aft. On deck 10 it's hidden in the middle of the starboard side buffet.

We were on the last Bermuda run and we were told that the pigeon was named Pete. So everyone on our cruise called "it" Pete! Pete did leave a distinctive mark on the deck below one of his perches! We left Bermuda early due to the weather and did not see Pete at all one the return trip which was rainy and overcast. Perhaps Pete heard that the next cruise was Canada and he decided to stay a little farther south for the winter!....or he missed the ship since we left at 7am on Friday instead of the normal afternoon time.

Captdave, from a photographic view point I would agree with you. However with the flag flying, an unobstructed view without the pole in the neighboring cabin is the winner in my view point. :D

Know what you mean. Another cruiser posted this view from 1140.

P1000659.jpg

.....and another posted this one

syxwer.jpg

I saved these photos as reminders not to get 1140 again as we don't like having the flagpole sticking up right behind our balcony, with or without the flag, (although some people apparently don't mind it).

Those aft aqua balconies on deck 11 have both pros and cons.

Edited by varoo

For anyone that wants more balcony space, the Cat. C1s on Deck 7 are much deeper than 1130 (especially) and 1138. Plus, you don't get the smoke and noise from the Sunset Bar. ;)

No more smoking on deck! Yea!

We had no smoke or noise from below or above. Plus on deck 11 you get Blu not available with C1s. Not to mention a more relaxing view. 1138's balcony was big enough for us. We did have some soot though so beach towels took care of that. But to each their own.

Oh avid, we didn't need the bucket. Our cabin attendant, who really didn't like Pina Colada, took care of it

The Deck 7 balconies are definitely deeper, so for those that want a bigger balcony, that is the way to go. If you like Blu and/or the perks of AQ, then that's the way to go. To us, the perks in either AQ or CC don't mean a thing. It's the space we crave. ;)

We lucked out in Bermuda. Our bow was facing the Breakaway so this was our panoramic view.

Bermuda%20Panoramic_zpsxeigf97w.jpg

Of course, we also had the chance of staring at the other ship. I'd book this cabin again. My DW loved the view & cabin.

Had the Breakaway in sight.

28152981480_7b19cf9553_b.jpg

CaptDave

• 5 months later...
Know what you mean. Another cruiser posted this view from 1140.

P1000659.jpg

.....and another posted this one

syxwer.jpg

I saved these photos as reminders not to get 1140 again as we don't like having the flagpole sticking up right behind our balcony, with or without the flag, (although some people apparently don't mind it).

Those aft aqua balconies on deck 11 have both pros and cons.

We had 1140 two years ago. Loved the size of the balcony and it didn't feel like a tunnel to us. The flagpole can be a problem. Worse is the noise from the flag flapping.

Been reading though old forums about the new Aqua Class Cabins on the M-Class ships. Hard to sort through and see if the ones on the Summit are different as it was the last one refurbished. On the date we would go, cabins 1133 and 1130 are the only aft ones available. Has anyone been on these or seen these? What's your take on it? Thanks

STOOD IN 11:hearteyes:30 AND IT WAS FINE. AFT CABIN IS A LONG WALK TO GET TO BUT LOVELY AT NIGHT AND WHEN CRUISNG.

i'm most concerned about the privacy issue. Can people from the bar see you from below? Supposedly there's a staircase right next to the room - is it an outdoor staircase? I'm thinking that since this is above everything it should be ok, but after reading other posts about the changes on other m-class ships getting kind of nervous. If anyone has any info, please share!!!

avoid that room. People below constantly looking up at you. Make sure you wear undergarments also

We've got four of the five aft cabins booked for a family trip to Bermuda next year. Since, unlike the rest of the balconies on the M-Class ships, you can open between balconies on these cabins. I'll get a chance to compare all of them.

We've had 1140 several times and 1130 once. We haven't found an issue with lack of privacy. If I'm standing by the rail, I'm enjoying the view. If I'm sitting in my chair, I can't see anyone else.

These cabins are quite a distance from the front of the ship but that only matters when you're going to the Sky Lounge or Persian Gardens. To go to Blu, take the aft elevator to Deck 5 and you're there!

• 2 years later...

This is an old thread but a current decision to make. We are going southbound and have booked 1138. 1141 is also available and I am thinking of switching to that so we can see more of the side view as we cruise south. Do I have that right? Is there still smoking under those cabins on that side? 

Privacy is now an issue as the recent renovations to Summit have seen the canvas awning over the Sunset Bar removed. You can pretty much look right up into the aft A1 balconies and see the door, and inside if the drapes are not drawn. Shame.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

There is no longer smoking allowed at the Sunset bar on "M" class ships since they added the A1 rooms above on deck 11.

Oh I should have looked more carefully. I am actually planning to go on the Millennium and I am not sure what class ship that is. Maybe I can find a thread for that ship. I did call Celebrity and they said there was smoking on the starboard side of the Mast bar. I just got off the Reflection and someone was smoking on a balcony near me and it was drifting right into our balcony. I couldn't see them but on the last day I heard someone yell at them that it wasn't allowed, 9 days into the cruise. 😞