Change of deck plan when dry docked

Pete69

Along with other Vision Class ships, Legend will have some cabins added in the centre of the ship on decks 7 and 8 (in place of lounges). These will become new numbers, as they are new cabins.

When Rhapsody was refurbished they caused a real problem as the additional cabins were numbered consecutively which had a knock on effect in that many coveted aft cabins were shifted along by 4 or 5 and became side cabins - I believe this was on deck 8. When Grandeur was refurbished they got round this by numbering the new cabins with odd numbers which were not in use (despite the fact that the odd numbered cabins are usually on the opposite side of the corridor). If this sounds confusing, take a look at the deck plans on Grandeur.

Who knows what they'll do with Legend, but one would assume that they'll follow the same logic as with Grandeur to prevent disruption with those cabins which are already booked - particularly on the aft.

Along with other Vision Class ships, Legend will have some cabins added in the centre of the ship on decks 7 and 8 (in place of lounges). These will become new numbers, as they are new cabins.

When Rhapsody was refurbished they caused a real problem as the additional cabins were numbered consecutively which had a knock on effect in that many coveted aft cabins were shifted along by 4 or 5 and became side cabins - I believe this was on deck 8. When Grandeur was refurbished they got round this by numbering the new cabins with odd numbers which were not in use (despite the fact that the odd numbered cabins are usually on the opposite side of the corridor). If this sounds confusing, take a look at the deck plans on Grandeur.

Who knows what they'll do with Legend, but one would assume that they'll follow the same logic as with Grandeur to prevent disruption with those cabins which are already booked - particularly on the aft.

We are cruising on the Grandeur next week. The additional cabins have taken the place of the Card Room and Library on deck 7 and the Explorers Lounge and Crown and Anchor Study on deck 8. What's more they do not seem to have been located elsewhere on the ship, perhaps it's just that I can't find them!!:p

We are cruising on the Grandeur next week. The additional cabins have taken the place of the Card Room and Library on deck 7 and the Explorers Lounge and Crown and Anchor Study on deck 8. What's more they do not seem to have been located elsewhere on the ship, perhaps it's just that I can't find them!!:p

Those specific rooms may not be replaced. Along with the staterooms, the upgrades are adding Diamond and Concierge lounges as well as additional restaurants.

If you want to see what the cabin numbers and new layout is after February,

just go to RCI website, pull up Legend, and pull up deck plans. Near the upper left corner,

just under the ship feature, you will see a highlighted blue option that shows

"deck plans February 6th 2013 to April 2014"

Click on that and then look at what the changes are.

As noted above, some Vision class ships had stateroom numbers changed because of the addition of staterooms around the centrum area. I believe this happened on only 2 ships, one being Rhapsody and the other I can't remember. After this renumbering debacle where folks that had corner afts booked for over a year lost them when Royal renumbered staterooms, it seems they now have a different procedure in place. Some Vision class ships had original numbering that left space for the additional staterooms, as if they planned for the potential addition of staterooms, and these ships don't have to be renumbered. Other ships are having the additional staterooms numbered as if they are insides, i.e, odd numbers.

For example, if you look at the new deck plans for Legend, deck 8 (from 06-Feb-2013), you can see that on the starboard side, 3 staterooms are added around the centrum. These are numbered with odd numbers, as if they are inside staterooms. This allows the existing staterooms to keep their same numbers.

So the bottom line is that it appears Legend is keeping the same stateroom numbers for existing staterooms.

Thanks everyone - I have tried looking at the new deck plans but nothing comes up when I click on the link. If possible can someone paste the link or a copy of the new deck 7.

Cheers

Give this a try:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/decks/LG/2013-feb/lg_deck07_v2013_feb.pdf

You can edit the URL for other decks.

Archived