a question about booking a cruise then cancelling and rebooking on board

misha1

Good morning...we have never booked a future cruise while sailing but will likely be doing so on our upcoming cruise. I really want a specific cabin or area and if I booked now (in an effort to secure the cabin I want), what, if any, repercussion is there to cancelling that booking and rebooking while on board (in an effort to gain the on board credit and reduced down payment)? Is it a potential that I could lose the cabin? Thanks in advance. Julie

Good morning...we have never booked a future cruise while sailing but will likely be doing so on our upcoming cruise. I really want a specific cabin or area and if I booked now (in an effort to secure the cabin I want), what, if any, repercussion is there to cancelling that booking and rebooking while on board (in an effort to gain the on board credit and reduced down payment)? Is it a potential that I could lose the cabin? Thanks in advance. Julie

Yes there is a risk you will lose the cabin but there is more of a risk that the offers made on board are only for new bookings, so you would not be eligible.

We had no problem rebooking on board - although we did lose our original cabin. We were happy with the alternate cabin choice, so that was really not a problem.

We temporarily had two reservations for the cruise. Our TA cancelled the original reservation for us. The new reservation was also transferred to her.

According to the rep when we booked Australia we can cancel and rebook once on board the Eclipse to take advantage of the on board credit. I don't know about losing the stateroom and there is always a chance the cruise will be more expensive by that time.

Mary Lou

I have done this 3 times. I booked early to get the cabin I wanted (2A for example) and then when on board I booked a 2A, paid for a 2D, $100 dep and up to $300 OBC. When I got home my TA worked with X and when he cancelled the first cruise they were able to drop and then pick up my original cabin at the same time. The only time I could see this not happening is if that specific cabin was waitlisted but this procedure has worked for me so far:D

Note: I don't cxl on board but when I get home

So...say I book a sweet sixteen, pay the deposit. Go on my cruise. Choose to book there to secure the OBC. Why wouldn't I be able to keep the cabin, after all all, I already have it in my name? When I book with my TA I get a 24 hour window while the cabin is held to make my final decision. So confusing!

So...say I book a sweet sixteen, pay the deposit. Go on my cruise. Choose to book there to secure the OBC. Why wouldn't I be able to keep the cabin, after all all, I already have it in my name? When I book with my TA I get a 24 hour window while the cabin is held to make my final decision. So confusing!

Because when you book on board it is a new reservation and you will have to select another cabin because your preferred cabin is held under your first reservation. That is why either the Future Cruise Consultant or your TA have to do the cancelling of your first reservation and then quickly pick up the now "available" cabin. If your first cruise is held by a TA they will have to do it for you. I don't think the FCC will in that case. Does that make sense:confused:

Because when you book on board it is a new reservation and you will have to select another cabin because your preferred cabin is held under your first reservation. That is why either the Future Cruise Consultant or your TA have to do the cancelling of your first reservation and then quickly pick up the now "available" cabin. If your first cruise is held by a TA they will have to do it for you. I don't think the FCC will in that case. Does that make sense:confused:

Yes...it does. Thanks for the nfo.

I have done this 3 times. I booked early to get the cabin I wanted (2A for example) and then when on board I booked a 2A, paid for a 2D, $100 dep and up to $300 OBC. When I got home my TA worked with X and when he cancelled the first cruise they were able to drop and then pick up my original cabin at the same time. The only time I could see this not happening is if that specific cabin was waitlisted but this procedure has worked for me so far:D

Note: I don't cxl on board but when I get home

So apparently by taking this tack you give up(temporarily) one of the benefits of Onboard booking, the reduced deposit. For 2 people it looks like your deposit till you get it all sorted out would be $1100. No biggie in the grand scheme of things, just something for some people to consider.

So apparently by taking this tack you give up(temporarily) one of the benefits of Onboard booking, the reduced deposit. For 2 people it looks like your deposit till you get it all sorted out would be $1100. No biggie in the grand scheme of things, just something for some people to consider.

True. Original booking is $900 and once on board I usually only book in one name (add DH close to final payment) so it is only $1000 until we get home Then my TA takes care of it with one phone call and credits my $900 back:D

Benefit is that I still have my preferred cabin at a reduced price, OBC and only a $100 deposit.

Archived