Kennedy Museum

warb

OK the boston expert 138east just sailed away on Explorer...

that said...the T is not really that bad....(if i can do it anyone can..)

the issue is, (and someone correct me if i am wrong..) you have to get a Silver Line bus (which is, technically part of the T system, though not a subway/train-i think...) and go to a station...i do not think that the silver line goes by the museum

When someone else asked..it seemed that the museum was about 5 miles give or take....cab would be MAYBE $25 each way (give or take...) cabs in boston are not THAT expensive, but a little more than i expected...

if you can wait til Thursday or friday, Carol 138 will probably be able to help better...

ETA: Correction.... i am not finding service there at all...i used Boston South station as a starting point

so looks like you will have to use a taxi.....

I know it's less expensive to take the train, but just wanted to note we just to taxis both ways. I believe the fare was around $30.00 each way and they dropped us off right outside the library and because we were doing other things that day a taxi worked quite well for us.

Keith

Thanks for info. I have to confess,I live in Western Mass. Don't go to Boston much.

The Trolley website said it was the "John Fitzgerald Kennedy Library and Museum". It

surprises me that the cruise ships don't sell bus trips to such an historic site. I have also

never been to the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, but I like to Cruise. Thanks.

I did it several years ago and the taxi fare was at least $20.00 then. The staff at the museum would not call a return taxi for me but did give the numbers.

I didn't want to do it on a ship's excrusion because I wanted to spend as much time as I wanted there.

Thanks for info. I have to confess,I live in Western Mass. Don't go to Boston much.

The Trolley website said it was the "John Fitzgerald Kennedy Library and Museum". It

surprises me that the cruise ships don't sell bus trips to such an historic site. I have also

never been to the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, but I like to Cruise. Thanks.

Let me know how you like the Library/Museum. I've never been! But I have been to the Hall of Fame out in your direction and enjoyed it.

(I find I recommend a few places here in Boston for tourists to which I've never been. But I've gotten mucho feedback on all of them at least!)

You do a good job. Don't know if we'll make it to Library. Maybe just go to North End

for pastries. Thanks for info.

Now *that* I have experience with.

Mike's is the Famous place, excellent pastries, very long lines.

Modern is the "yeah, we used to go to Mike's" place, I think the food is better there than Mike's.

Bova's is the place we hope the tourists don't find. Don't tell anyone!

Archived