Convince me to come back to Royal.

mapsmith

Hi all,

the last Royal Cruise we took was for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary in 2004. That cruise was okay, particularly when you take into account that it was between the Hurricanes that hit south Florida that summer. One before the cruise (we were the first plane to land at Fort Lauderdale after they reopened the airport) and one about 5 days after we left.

We chose Royal Caribbean that time because of price more than anything else.

The food was okay, but because of the Hurricane before, the selection was somewhat limited.

The entertainment was basic.

The ports stunk. We were supposed to go to Nassau and the Private Island, but because Nassau and the Bahamas were destroyed by the hurricane, we went to Cozumel.

Since that time we have tried other lines and have found them to our liking.

Now we have found a decent 10 day Royal Caribbean Cruise.

Why should we book Royal Caribbean over Princess, MSC, Carnival, or Celebrity???

From what you have said, I wouldn't want to convince you to return to Royal Caribbean. If you consider the RCCL cruise that you have found to be only "decent" then your negative perception has already discolored your future voyage.

My experiences with Royal Caribbean have be very positive and they receive all of my return business (25 completed in the past two years and 16 future cruises booked). I have been on the lines you have sailed and in all areas Royal Caribbean is every bit equal to and often better than those you mentioned.

For you, those that you prefer will do you just fine.

Best response yet.

And yet it provided no real information. From your original post, it seemed as if you we're looking for assurances that the food and entertainment would be better than your first cruise on RCI. You also said that you like other cruise lines. The logical conclusion here is for you to stick with cruise lines you like as long as the itinerary, price, and ship amenities are in line with what you are looking for.

Who cares! Why should anyone bother convincing you about RCL. Do what you got to do and at the end of the day it's your decision only and not anyone else.:D

I agree. Do you dress yourself in the morning?

I have only been on the Empress of the Seas (no longer part of RCCL fleet) and the Explorer of the Seas. I have also cruised two NCL ships, the Majesty (no longer part of NCL) and the Jewel. The reason I like RCCL better then NCL is I am more of a traditional person. I have been on RCCL cruises and have always found the personnel to be wonderful. Always a smile, a "what can I do for you" attitude. I say go with RCCL with an open mind. Since I am a 4 year cancer survivor I have learned to enjoy each day. If you look for faults you will find them on any cruise line or ship. Go, enjoy. :)

Archived