"Upgrade Preferences"

Did anybody else receive an email from Royal Caribbean yesterday that asked for, among other things, "upgrade preferences?" There was a list where I could choose "immediate upgrade" or choose various things like "same deck" or "not on promenade." What do you think this means? Of course, I'm hoping it means we are getting an upgrade from our deck 2 inside!:D

Did anybody else receive an email from Royal Caribbean yesterday that asked for, among other things, "upgrade preferences?" There was a list where I could choose "immediate upgrade" or choose various things like "same deck" or "not on promenade." What do you think this means? Of course, I'm hoping it means we are getting an upgrade from our deck 2 inside!:D

What "status" do you have with RCCL. Gifts vary with status.

It is on the site with your preferences. If you fill it out they know what you prefer.

I noticed that it was also on my "upgrade preferences" as well". My guess is that it is for those sailing on the Oasis/Allure since they want to ensure they don't upgrade someone to a cabin they don't want. Hope the Upgrade Fairy visits you!:D

It was an email, not a phone call. Is this something new? We've never been asked to fill out anything like this in all our other cruises on RC...

It is an option for you to indicate your upgrade preference on the Royal Caribbean website in the Crown&Anchor members section. If you go there and indicate your upgrade preference they will know what kind of an upgrade to offer you. It is not a guarantee that you will get an upgrade but they will know your preference.

It is an option for you to indicate your upgrade preference on the Royal Caribbean website in the Crown&Anchor members section. If you go there and indicate your upgrade preference they will know what kind of an upgrade to offer you. It is not a guarantee that you will get an upgrade but they will know your preference.

Correct. To be redundant, this is only to be sure that they have an accurate profile with your C & A account should they offer one, and is by no means any gaurantee of a pending upgrade. It also has nothing to do with and particular ship or itinerary or any current bookings you may have - just a database thing.

Doesn't mean anything. It's SOP for RCCL and you probably never completed this section in your On-lin profile.

I went looking for this in C&A section of website and couldn't find it...

Login on the Members section of C&A. It will have a welcome back message. At the left of that page you will find a box that lists your C&A level and points. Under that click on Upgrade Preferences. Fill that out and you are good to go. Good luck!

My upgrade preferences are all blank. If I select "Automatic Upgrades," would they (in theory) upgrade me without asking? For instance, I have an E1 aft balcony on my cruise in December. I wouldn't want to "upgrade" to a D1 and lose the aft. I wouldn't mind, though, being updated to a suite.

So, if I leave them all blank (none of those restrictions apply to me), would they not upgrade me at all? Or would the call or e-mail about an upgrade?

My upgrade preferences are all blank. If I select "Automatic Upgrades," would they (in theory) upgrade me without asking? For instance, I have an E1 aft balcony on my cruise in December. I wouldn't want to "upgrade" to a D1 and lose the aft. I wouldn't mind, though, being updated to a suite.

So, if I leave them all blank (none of those restrictions apply to me), would they not upgrade me at all? Or would the call or e-mail about an upgrade?

They would call and give you most likely 24 hours to respond to the message if you aren't home. This is in theory.

Gina

They can call you, email you, and possibly just go in and upgrade you without you knowing it until you get to the ship. I believe that you can decline the upgrade if you so desire if you are already in one of the popular cabins such as aft balconies or what ever you feel is a popular cabin.

On my preferences I have marked an automatic upgrade. However, on my upcoming TA cruise on Mariner I have an aft corner balcony cabin. I called C&A and requested my reservation be marked "Do Not Upgrade unless to a JS or higher." That way I won't get "upgraded" to a D1 or D2.

We have a corner aft and wanted to make sure we were not upgraded. I called C&A and they said to mark it just "upgrade with restrictions" and nothing else, since no option to mark "do not upgrade" is there. That way, they would call to confirm if you wanted an upgrade before doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an aft cabin booked on an upcoming cruise and really dont want an upgrade unless it is also an aft. The new C&A form doesn't allow me to put no upgrade. It is either __ automatic upgrade or ___ upgrade with restrictions. The upgrade with restrictions requires you to choose the restrictions none of which apply i.e. accessible cabin, no Boardwalk or Promenade, near an elevator or consecutive cruises. Since it wont allow me to leave no mark or choose no upgrade-I choose consecutive cruises even though it is not accurate.

I will call Cruise Planner tomorrow to make sure it is marked on my reservation as Aft only.

We discussed previously but I want to make sure.

Archived