Packing for 7-night cruise, 2 boys

jpr1908

I have a boy and a girl - when I pack for cruises - I assume that most of the time they will be in swimsuits. Even when we do excursions on port days, they end up in swimsuits (and for the 12 year old girl, swimsuits with coverups). I pack nice clothes for shows and dinners in the the evenings, but like I said, I pack at least 3 swimsuit/ cover up combos.

When I am packing, I mentally go through the itinerary in my head and pack accordingly.

It really depends on the age of the kids. With older kids you can probably get away with one outfit per day and one dinner outfit. I have a 2.5 year old and 4 year old, I packed 3 outfits per day for spills. Some days we went through an outfit on two hours!

ITa it depends on the child. My 4 yo can certainly wear shorts to dinner twice, not so much for my 7 yo :). We plan on two swim suits, a casual outfit (t-shirt and shorts) per day and 1 dinner outfit for every 2 nights of the cruise. Add a couple of pairs of pjs and we are good to go!

I don't count on laundry services as I don't really want to pay what NCL charges and on DCL I'm not wasting my time on board in a laundry room!

We are a mix and match, formal clothes one set that is reused..

For around the ship, no reason if it isn't dirty/wet it can be worn again. Underwear/socks and others of course at least one set / day or if doing the beach/tropics a pair of shorts and two dryfit shirts can last a week...

How many outfits do you pack per day per child?

They can rewear their dinner clothes, unless they are quite messy! I'd bring just a few things for dinner....and it's true...swimsuits and shorts are daytime wear! If you run short, you can always send out a few things.

Sounds good. Will probably swap out shirts and re-use bottoms for dinners. DH would like to do the MDR every night this cruise.

I usually pack one a day + formal outfits and a couple of long-sleeve tops. There is AC inside the ship and sometimes dinners and kids clubs can be chilly even if the weather is hot. Also, I have found that boys clothes take up very little space (pretty much they are a variation of the t-shirt and shorts) so I'd take an outfit per day - things happen, accidents, dirt, mud, etc so it's better to be safe. Also, two swimsuits so you can change them when they get wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I bring a day outfit and night outfit for every day. I usually bring 4 PJ's and 2 bathing suits, 8 pair of underwear and 4 pair of socks (as they only wear socks at night for a couple of hours. I bring 1 pair of shoes for at night and 1 pair of sandals and their crocs.

We are going on a 7 day in two weeks and for my older kids (10 & up) they have an oufit for everyday, two swim shorts, one dress pants for formal nights, and a dress shirt for every dinner. They will wear the dress pants more than once and on the other dining room nights just nice jeans and a dress shirt.

My four year old is another story he has 2 outfits per day and a dress shirt for every dinner. He is messy, he also has fours pairs of pants, and 3 swimsuits.

Archived