Caviar in the surf and luggage forward

parisbully

Our last Seabourn caribbean cruise was in 2009. We enjoyed two things (among many others) very much and would appreciate updates on both.

1. Used Seabourn Personal Valet - Anita Mann. I see that Seabourn is now using Luggage Forward. On the Seabourn website it notes that they provide service to the ship, but do not mention shipping from the ship to home. Any information would be appreciated.

2. Is Seabourn still doing caviar in the surf in the Caribbean. If so, which port? It was done in Mayreau on our previous cruise but that is not one of the ports in the itinerary we are considering. Do they use any other ports?

Thank you for any information, Karen

I forgot to add that I think the signature 'Caviar in the Surf is always done with the beach barbecue. However, I have long since given up getting off the ship for anything, so can't tell you which port it is. I love it when everyone else leaves and I almost have a private yacht!

On the Nov. 29th Caribbean trip on the Legend, the Caviar in the Surf is scheduled for Prickly Pear Island in the British Virgin Islands. We are on the ship and look forward to this event. Prickly Pear, by the way is a gorgeous island. Why not come along? Maxine

FYI you will pay a substantial premium shipping your luggage directly to the ship with Luggage Forward. If you are doing a pre-cruise hotel stay, your best bet is to have luggage shipped to your hotel. We have done this twice with excellent results. Stepping the luggage from the hotel to the ship is not generally a big deal, especially with hotel porters.

FYI you will pay a substantial premium shipping your luggage directly to the ship with Luggage Forward. If you are doing a pre-cruise hotel stay, your best bet is to have luggage shipped to your hotel. We have done this twice with excellent results. Stepping the luggage from the hotel to the ship is not generally a big deal, especially with hotel porters.

Can you give me an approximate price for a "substantial premium" ? Shipping to hotel rather than to the ship won't really work for us.

I don't want to handle my suitcase from my front door until it' in my suite, so I am willing to pay the price. If I was going to send it to the hotel, I might use FedEx, which has been less expensive when I did my research for one trip.

Can you give me an approximate price for a "substantial premium" ? Shipping to hotel rather than to the ship won't really work for us.

Just call them and they will give you a price on the phone. It is by pound and they have two services to consider. I thought the price was very competitive.

The price depends where you are boarding the ship and I don't believe you provided that but just call them. I found them to be very helpful.

Here is there web site.

http://www.luggagefree.com

Keith

Thanks Jane for the above link. It's cheaper than Luggage Forward. Have you used Fedex? I will have them send the luggage to the hotel - not sure if Fedex will deliver at the ship.

Hope you are feeling better and you are looking forward to your trip to Hawaii!!

I have not used FedEx, and if I want to have the suitcase in the suite, I will use LuggageForward. However, since I am often (make that always) in a hotel one or two nights pre-cruise, FedEx is a good option.

Thanks for the good wishes. I plan to use FedEx for Hawaii!

Archived