Free Laundry B2B?

UandMe4Ever

Hi Cruisers:

We have a question with regard to free laundry service on the 2nd leg of a B2B.

I believe I read somewhere they will do your laundry ''free'' on your B2B the 3rd day of the 2nd leg. Did I read this correctly and is it correct? :confused:

We're doing a B2B next Oct/Nov '13..Maybe I could take a little less for our 18 days at sea?

Any information in that regard will be appreciated, as well as any other information.

We also keep reading different information regarding leaving the ship after the 1st leg...Some stay we stay on, get new seapasses, have a nice luncheon for B2Bers, etc.

Help along that area is also much appreciated.

Thanks to all!

Safe sails always:)

Hi Cruisers:

We have a question with regard to free laundry service on the 2nd leg of a B2B.

I believe I read somewhere they will do your laundry ''free'' on your B2B the 3rd day of the 2nd leg. Did I read this correctly and is it correct? :confused:

We're doing a B2B next Oct/Nov '13..Maybe I could take a little less for our 18 days at sea?

Any information in that regard will be appreciated, as well as any other information.

We also keep reading different information regarding leaving the ship after the 1st leg...Some stay we stay on, get new seapasses, have a nice luncheon for B2Bers, etc.

Thanks to all!

I have not been offered free laundry just because I was on a B2B.

The procedure between cruises varies from ship to ship and port to port.

I have not been offered free laundry just because I was on a B2B.

The procedure between cruises varies from ship to ship and port to port.

Thanks for the info.....No problem about paying the $20 to do laundry at some point! I'm sure I'll have more than enough everything even if we don't do laundry:) I pack way too much anyway;)

I can only speak for B2B's in the Caribbean on RCI - we've done two. You DO have to get off the boat,although you get off later than the disembarking passengers. You meet in a lounge at about 10am, and they lead you off the boat,through immigration, and back on again. One time it was very quick and easy, the other time there was more waiting around (but that was Christmas day, so maybe immigration was short staffed?). They do provide a special lunch in the dining room which would otherwise be closed (obviously the Wj is open as well). There's a brilliant couple of hours when you have the ship pretty much to yourself before the new people arrive.

They definitely don't do your laundry free. I have a vague memory that there might have been money off the wash and fold bag in the second week,but that might have been a C&A perk rather than a B2B one. I don't bother with the wash and fold anyway cos they only do underwear - if they did t shirts it would be more worthwhile, I think.

B2B's are wonderful. There is no better feeling than watching the people disembark with their luggage while you wander up to the WJ to have a leisurely breakfast. Of course, payback comes the following week when it's your turn to get off!

Thanks to all!

It depends on the port as to whether you have to disembark on turnaround day. The rules are set by the Port Authorities as well as Customs & Immigration.

We've done numerous b2b's and our experience has been that in foreign ports you do not leave the ship as a group and everything is handled on the ship. This was the case on our most recent b2b on Jewel last month.

In May we did a b2b2b on Radiance. Since we had 2 turnaround days we had to disembark the ship in Vancouver (foreign port) at the end of the first cruise but did not have to disembark the ship in Seward (American Port) at the end of the second cruise.

Depending on the number of consecutive cruises, they may have a meeting a day or two prior to the end of the first cruise where you will get your instructions and new SeaPass cards.......or you may just receive your instructions and cards in the form of a letter from Guest Relations.

If there are enough consecutive cruisers then a special lunch is held in the MDR with a special limited menu.

I have done three B2B Caribbean cruises in the past. Each time we were offered a 'special' lunch menu in the dining room.

I am D+ so the free laundry ($20 bag) is something that is offered in my coupon book. I do not believe that this is a standard offering just because you are sailing B2B...

I LOVE B2B sailings!

I usually try to take advantage when the itinerary differs, that is why I didn't even consider it on my 11/24 Explorer sailing :cool:

I have done 6 B2B's most of which have been on the Adventure of the Seas, Southern Caribbean itinerary. We have never had to disemabark the ship, everything was handled the Saturday night before the end of the first week. We were issued an "In Transit" card that allowed us to disembark the ship if we wanted to, and perhaps explore Old San Juan or anything else we cared to do.

No free laundry, but if you are D+ as we are, we do get a free bag of laundry each week. The prices to send out laundry are not bad, and probably worth doing if you are at sea for 14 nights :)

Heading out on our 7th B2B in February!!! :D

I have done 6 B2B's most of which have been on the Adventure of the Seas, Southern Caribbean itinerary. We have never had to disemabark the ship, everything was handled the Saturday night before the end of the first week. We were issued an "In Transit" card that allowed us to disembark the ship if we wanted to, and perhaps explore Old San Juan or anything else we cared to do.

No free laundry, but if you are D+ as we are, we do get a free bag of laundry each week. The prices to send out laundry are not bad, and probably worth doing if you are at sea for 14 nights :)

Good Morning all,

Thanks for all the kind responses about B2B's laundry and procedures! :) Have safe sails and I can't wait till Next October...It seems so far out...and it is, but worth anticipating!

Hope our late Oct/Nov. weather in Bermuda is OK...I know it will be cooler than Aug/Sept. as we usually go, but that's OK....I know the Carib. will be warm....

Have a splendid day and thanks again!

Safe sails to you all:D

I can only speak for B2B's in the Caribbean on RCI - we've done two. You DO have to get off the boat,although you get off later than the disembarking passengers. You meet in a lounge at about 10am, and they lead you off the boat,through immigration, and back on again. One time it was very quick and easy, the other time there was more waiting around (but that was Christmas day, so maybe immigration was short staffed?). They do provide a special lunch in the dining room which would otherwise be closed (obviously the Wj is open as well). There's a brilliant couple of hours when you have the ship pretty much to yourself before the new people arrive.

They definitely don't do your laundry free. I have a vague memory that there might have been money off the wash and fold bag in the second week,but that might have been a C&A perk rather than a B2B one. I don't bother with the wash and fold anyway cos they only do underwear - if they did t shirts it would be more worthwhile, I think.

B2B's are wonderful. There is no better feeling than watching the people disembark with their luggage while you wander up to the WJ to have a leisurely breakfast. Of course, payback comes the following week when it's your turn to get off!

T-shirts are absolutely included in the free bag of laundry coupon offer.

T-shirts are absolutely included in the free bag of laundry coupon offer.

Indeed they are. So long as it fits in the bag you can throw in socks, underwear, anything really that is machine washable so long as you don't mind it coming back folded not ironed.....

I have a pair of PJs from one cruise that they wrote the cabin number on the wash label in indelible ink :rolleyes:

Hi and thanks again! Have a wonderful B2B in Feb....I see we are on the same 11/3/13 sailing...Perhaps we will run into each other or maybe at a M&G if there is one.

Safe sails:)

That's really useful to know, about t-shirts being included! I'm sure when I read the instructions it said underwear, socks and swimwear. (Swimwear?? Who sends swimwear to a laundry? Am I making a terrible social faux pas by rinsing it in the basin?)

I definitely wouldn't mind stuff just being folded not pressed. That's all I'd do myself anyway. So would they do, eg PJ's and nightdresses if you can fit them in the bag? I will definitely go for that on our next B2B because we are aiming to travel with carry on luggage only.

That's really useful to know, about t-shirts being included! I'm sure when I read the instructions it said underwear, socks and swimwear. (Swimwear?? Who sends swimwear to a laundry? Am I making a terrible social faux pas by rinsing it in the basin?)

I definitely wouldn't mind stuff just being folded not pressed. That's all I'd do myself anyway. So would they do, eg PJ's and nightdresses if you can fit them in the bag? I will definitely go for that on our next B2B because we are aiming to travel with carry on luggage only.

We do the wash and fold every cruise. I include tshirts, polo shirts, bermudas, nightgowns etc. Just be sure the colors won't run as they are all washed together.

That's great, thanks! I think I was scared that if I put something other than underwear and socks in the bag that they would charge is for it. We will *definitely* do this now (especially on our B2B with just carry-ons). We are Diamond, I think we may get a small discount, not yet a free bag unfortunately!

Yes, whether there is a special lunch depends on how many B2Bers there are. We have done B2B three times and never had a special lunch.

We did it once and the one time we they do a B2B we had enough people doing it that we did get a special lunch in the MDR.

I hope that this happens again when we do our second B2B this December.

On both Allure and Oasis we were given lunch at Giovanni's Table on turnaround day. We took advantage on the Allure cruise, but the line was too long on Oasis so we skipped it (we had reservations there later in the week compliments of our TA anyway).

As far as the wash and fold bag, whatever you squeeze into that paper bag without ripping it can be sent. We've learned to roll everything as tiny as possible, then put it in with pushing. We've sent socks, underwear, t-shirts and shorts -- anything we don't mind being dried on high! We still have laundry strips on some things from our first cruise on Mariner in 2005! Sort of like souvenirs that we hate to give up!!

A back to back cruise costs a great deal of money. Our b2b cruise coming up next month, with air fare, excursions, food off the ship, hotel room the night before the cruise, etc, is going to cost us near about $11K for two people.

Laundry done a few times will probably cost us less than $200. I figure it into our costs, just like airfare. I don't see it as something to waste even a minute worrying over. If something is dirty and I want to wear it again, I send it to be cleaned. I am on vacation, and I am not going to stress over the small amount of money I will be spending to help make my time on the cruise stress free and enjoyable. :)

I have a pair of PJs from one cruise that they wrote the cabin number on the wash label in indelible ink :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh, this happened to my pj's too!! I guess they had to do it, but it bothered me that they would do it in permanent ink!

Also, one of my 14 year old daughter's cotton t's came back looking like it would fit a 2 year old! Thankfully, it wasn't one of her favorites.

Lois

I have never had anything written in but I have discovered those little iron in tags with the room number on it, even months later. Usually I feel something scratchy on the back of my neck, and there is that little tag with our cabin number on it....a little piece of our cruise still hanging around. :rolleyes:

Never had a problem with the laundry service. if there is something I don't wish them to wash I do in the sink or shower and hang to dry...If I need it pressed I send it out. Dry cleaning is so so much cheaper on the ship than on land..not sure how they do it...amazing how they can get the butter from lobster and shrimp nite that accidentally got on a dressy top removed....cudos to the explorer crew...saved a top!!!

Used the service several times and it sure helps when doing a b2b like we are again in February on the Adventure...we are diamond plus so we each have a coupon for a free bag.

Archived