Bed configuration in C503 on Island

2Fltravelers

I just switched to this cabin and my confirm says that the beds are twin and not together to create a queen:eek:. My TA is trying to get info from Princess on this even though the website specifically says that all mini suite beds can be configured as a queen. Rather than trust Princess I was hoping someone who has stayed in this or any of the mid ship bump out corner mini suites can confirm that the bed configuration is queen. Thanks:D

I just switched to this cabin and my confirm says that the beds are twin and not together to create a queen:eek:. My TA is trying to get info from Princess on this even though the website specifically says that all mini suite beds can be configured as a queen. Rather than trust Princess I was hoping someone who has stayed in this or any of the mid ship bump out corner mini suites can confirm that the bed configuration is queen. Thanks:D
Only a very few cabins on the ship cannot be configured to a queen. Your TA should know which these are and be able to tell you immediately. I'm surprised that they don't. That said, your cabin is not one of them so no problem... they can be configured into a queen.

What your confirmation says is that when your TA entered the booking info, she opted for the twin setup rather than the queen/king. Her bad. She can change that, but If they are that way when you arrive in your cabin, the steward can change them. EM

We had C503, on the Island in January.

It was configured as a Queen, no problems.

Thanks to everyone for your help. Princess told the TS it was a glitch in their system since she entered it as together. It has now been corrected.

Ottawa CA:

I would appreciate your thoughts about the smaller balcony and the privacy issues I've read about on these threads since they the balcony is visible by the balconies on either side. Also, how did you like the location, etc. Thanks for your input.:D

Thanks to everyone for your help. Princess told the TS it was a glitch in their system since she entered it as together. It has now been corrected.

D

Unless you actually heard Princess telling her that, consider that it was her error initially. Doesn't matter if the error has been rectified. Then again, your room steward would have taken care of it the first day.

It was a very nice cabin, really great location.

But the balcony was small and did lack privacy. At points, we sort of felt like we were standing right beside other passengers on their balcony.

I booked the corner bump out cabin because we were going through the Panama Canal, and I thought it would be nice to be able to see back with no obstructions.

It did have really good visibility, and we had a great cruise, but I personally wouldn't book this cabin again. I would book a "normal" mini-suite with the larger balcony and a bit more privacy (or at least the allusion of privacy).

Our next cruise is on the Emerald, in a Dolphin deck mini-suite. It will be interesting to see how we enjoy the uncovered balcony (a first for us).

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and I would sail again in C503 without hesitation, if that's what was available. But in my opinion, there may be better mini-suites on the Island.

We always request queen configuration but half the time the beds are set up as twin. It has been easy to get our cabin steward to switch it after we've boarded. I think the problem for us is that we're both guys, so the cabin stewards are thinking that we probably don't really want one bed instead of two. On the Sapphire last month, we decided to keep the twin beds instead of bothering the cabin steward into making the switch. I actually liked it and may request that configuration again.

We always request queen configuration but half the time the beds are set up as twin. It has been easy to get our cabin steward to switch it after we've boarded. I think the problem for us is that we're both guys, so the cabin stewards are thinking that we probably don't really want one bed instead of two. On the Sapphire last month, we decided to keep the twin beds instead of bothering the cabin steward into making the switch. I actually liked it and may request that configuration again.

We've been married 15 years, not the first for either of us and sometimes 2 beds are nice, we both snore :eek:

It was a very nice cabin, really great location.

But the balcony was small and did lack privacy. At points, we sort of felt like we were standing right beside other passengers on their balcony.

I booked the corner bump out cabin because we were going through the Panama Canal, and I thought it would be nice to be able to see back with no obstructions.

It did have really good visibility, and we had a great cruise, but I personally wouldn't book this cabin again. I would book a "normal" mini-suite with the larger balcony and a bit more privacy (or at least the allusion of privacy).

Our next cruise is on the Emerald, in a Dolphin deck mini-suite. It will be interesting to see how we enjoy the uncovered balcony (a first for us).

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and I would sail again in C503 without hesitation, if that's what was available. But in my opinion, there may be better mini-suites on the Island.

Thank you for your candid assessment. I'll discuss it with DH and see what he thinks. :confused:

We've been married 15 years, not the first for either of us and sometimes 2 beds are nice, we both snore :eek:

I laughed when I read this because it reminded me of our honeymoon 32 years ago. When we opened the hotel room door there were 2 twin beds and they knew it was our honeymoon. :eek: I was not happy about that

Archived