2014 cruise

SAN415

We booked our Panama Canal cruise ages ago too....seemed like so far away but it's coming up fast in April. So.....yours sounds wonderful and now you get to dream and plan for awhile and then it will be here before you know it.

Enjoy the planning:)

Well I will ( in a few days time...I have to enjoy it a bit) put it out of my mind. Otherwise I will not be looking forward to the two trips we have planed prior to this one.

We are taking our two dogs to Florida this January, in our Rv. Then in Aug. of 2013 we are taking a motorcycle trip to the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary, in Milwaukee.

But what I really love is cruises.

Sounds lovely!

Friends of ours laughed at us when we booked a cruise long in advance. "It's two years away!" They jeered, but I can tell you, as you would already know, that the time passes very quickly and it will be upon you before you know it.

Besides, the waiting, planning, and anticipation are often the best part :)

It seems you have plenty of plans to keep you amused in the lead-up to your cruise anyway - ENJOY :D

Its a long way off but...we just booked a South Pacific cruise for 2014. So excited! We were going to wait till I retire in 3 years, but decided to use our future cruise credit thing for this.

What date and ship?? We also are hoping to to to Tahiti in April of 2014.

we have friends that have already booked!!

Its a long way off but...we just booked a South Pacific cruise for 2014. So excited! We were going to wait till I retire in 3 years, but decided to use our future cruise credit thing for this.

We recently booked the Statendam, April 2014 cruise to the S. Pacific. We did the S.Pacific once before in 2010, and liked it so much, we just knew we wanted to go back. If you are on this cruise, I have started a Roll Call, and am actually working on private tours. Carol:)

Yay Carol. Working hard at it already I see. We may join you but I'll know more when we

return from this Tahiti cruise in Nov.

San45: I guarantee you'll never forget it. An amazing itinerary we've done six times. Hope we get to join you.

How did you handle insurance on a cruise booked at least a year ahead?

I know that HAL insurance can be purchased a few days before final payment, but it's the pre-existing condition caveat that I'm concerned about. I contacted insuremytrip.com and was told that I'd lose that part of the policy unless we purchased the insurance within a specified number of days.

It's the med evac part that concerns me; our BC/BS is good out of the country.

(I hope this is not hijacking your thread; I assume that you're the folks to ask.

If this question is misplaced, just ignore me.)

We would love to book for 2014 - m.s. Rotterdam to Indonesia from/to Singapore, but......in The Netherlands unfortunately we will loose our 20% deposit (!!!) when we cancel up to 90 days before departure.

Since March 2014 is a long time away we decided to wait.

How did you handle insurance on a cruise booked at least a year ahead?

I know that HAL insurance can be purchased a few days before final payment, but it's the pre-existing condition caveat that I'm concerned about. I contacted insuremytrip.com and was told that I'd lose that part of the policy unless we purchased the insurance within a specified number of days.

It's the med evac part that concerns me; our BC/BS is good out of the country.

(I hope this is not hijacking your thread; I assume that you're the folks to ask.

If this question is misplaced, just ignore me.)

We do a yearly policy through Access America. Carol

Yay Carol. Working hard at it already I see. We may join you but I'll know more when we

return from this Tahiti cruise in Nov.

San45: I guarantee you'll never forget it. An amazing itinerary we've done six times. Hope we get to join you.

One of the reasons we booked so early was to make sure we could do Patricks tour. Trish, sure hope you will be able to join us. You are such a wealth of knowledge on this itinerary, and it's always good to cruise with friends. Carol:)

Way to go SAN, you will love this cruise and don't blame you for being excited.

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days. I work at UPS and so am very tired when I get home.

I know, I know, its crazy...but we do not purchase any trip insurance. I nor my husband have ever had to cancel a trip. I have been traveling since I was 17. My Parents wouldn't let me get a job in my senior year of high school, unless I had a reason I needed the money. Not just any reason would do, so I said I would take a trip to Europe. To "learn" about other areas of the world. They didn't think I would stay at the job and keep my grades up. But I did, so they cried but they let me go. I have been going places ever since.

I guess as soon as we can't make a trip we will then purchase insurance. This is the first really expensive cruise we have booked. We booked BA205. I wanted to go with an inside cabin, but my husband says we need a veranda for that cruise. I hope the price drops. I see where they are offering verandas for the same price as ocean view cabins for 2013.

We recently booked the Statendam, April 2014 cruise to the S. Pacific. We did the S.Pacific once before in 2010, and liked it so much, we just knew we wanted to go back. If you are on this cruise, I have started a Roll Call, and am actually working on private tours. Carol:)

Carol,

We are on the Feb. 14, 2014 Statendam Cruise. I need a vacation as close to when Christmas time is over as possible. I have worked at UPS for 27 years and Christmas is a.... not pleasant time. I struggled for a polite way to say that.:o I wish people were a lot less enthralled with gifts and stressful decorating, and all that goes with those. And could just focus on God, ( who needs no junk for a birthday gift) and getting together with family. Maybe the mean grumpy people will be nicer then.

Carol,

We are on the Feb. 14, 2014 Statendam Cruise. I need a vacation as close to when Christmas time is over as possible. I have worked at UPS for 27 years and Christmas is a.... not pleasant time. I struggled for a polite way to say that.:o I wish people were a lot less enthralled with gifts and stressful decorating, and all that goes with those. And could just focus on God, ( who needs no junk for a birthday gift) and getting together with family. Maybe the mean grumpy people will be nicer then.

I agree with you about Christmas, but trip insurance for me isn't as much about canceling a cruise, as getting sick, and needing to be hospitalized and med evac. I also never got sick, hospitalized, or had to cancel a cruise, but after retiring we were on a cruise to Alaska, and I got a virus that attacks the heart muscles (Viral Myocardiophy). One day I am walking 3 miles, the next day I am in a wheel chair on oxygen.

Also, one of the reasons this cruise is going to be more expensive than some others, is it's a smaller ship....Carol:)

We are booking on the Nieuw Amsterdam for March 2014 this week, I was a little concerned about being to early but I just love having something to look forward to!!!

don't be concerned at all;) we booked our May 2013 cruise in December 2011;):) You can always take another one or two inbetween:)

Carol,

Sorry I won't get to meet you, but I know this will be a cruise you will always remember for the beauty of the S. Pacific..ENJOY ..Carol:)

Archived