Luggage Tags (again)

buckirj1

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm sailing Royal Caribbean next month for the first time in many years. I booked as a guarantee, and have been assigned a cabin. I need to print my luggage tags, which I don't mind doing, but the image shown at the end of the Sail Pass doesn't look like a luggage tag ought. I'm not sure if this is because I'm a guarantee, and the cabin assignment might still change. For all I know, the image is perfectly fine and looks the way it's supposed to look.

Yeah, I feel foolish asking, but would anyone mind posting a current photo of a Royal Caribbean luggage tag (sanitized/censored however you like-I'm just trying to get an idea of the general look of the dang thing)? I tried and failed to reproduce what I'm seeing on the Sail Pass, so I hope you good folks can help.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm sailing Royal Caribbean next month for the first time in many years. I booked as a guarantee, and have been assigned a cabin. I need to print my luggage tags, which I don't mind doing, but the image shown at the end of the Sail Pass doesn't look like a luggage tag ought. I'm not sure if this is because I'm a guarantee, and the cabin assignment might still change. For all I know, the image is perfectly fine and looks the way it's supposed to look.

Yeah, I feel foolish asking, but would anyone mind posting a current photo of a Royal Caribbean luggage tag (sanitized/censored however you like-I'm just trying to get an idea of the general look of the dang thing)? I tried and failed to reproduce what I'm seeing on the Sail Pass, so I hope you good folks can help.

When your cruise docs are ready, there will be a better image of a luggage tag towards the end of the cruise docs. Cruise docs usually become available around 50 days before the cruise.

The printable luggage tag will not be part of your Setsail Pass. It will be in your E-Docs when they are ready which they should be. The luggage tag will be one of the last pages to be printed.

When your cruise docs are ready, there will be a better image of a luggage tag towards the end of the cruise docs. Cruise docs usually become available around 50 days before the cruise.

Thanks. I sail in about 3 weeks; that's why I asked. I might end up using what I see on the Sail Pass and just get new ones at the port, if necessary. I'd still like to see what RCI luggage tags are supposed to look like, though.

Thanks. I sail in about 3 weeks; that's why I asked. I might end up using what I see on the Sail Pass and just get new ones at the port, if necessary. I'd still like to see what RCI luggage tags are supposed to look like, though.

If you sail in 3 weeks, your electronic cruise docs should be ready now. You should be able to use Royal's website to display the cruise docs.

Thanks, everybody. What I'm seeing doesn't look at all like that, or it looks like only half of that. Maybe I'm going about it wrong. From the RCI homepage, I went to "Before You Board" to "Online Check-in" to "Print Set Sail Pass".

At the end of this document is what ought to be the luggage tag. However, the document says, "The images below contain luggage destination information for each person in your reservation and any associated reservations in your SetSail Pass. They are not real luggage tags. Please use official luggage tags for your bags." So, where else might the real luggage tags be hiding?

Thanks, everybody. What I'm seeing doesn't look at all like that, or it looks like only half of that. Maybe I'm going about it wrong. From the RCI homepage, I went to "Before You Board" to "Online Check-in" to "Print Set Sail Pass".

At the end of this document is what ought to be the luggage tag. However, the document says, "The images below contain luggage destination information for each person in your reservation and any associated reservations in your SetSail Pass. They are not real luggage tags. Please use official luggage tags for your bags." So, where else might the real luggage tags be hiding?

Follow the same process you described above with Royal's website, except don't click "Print SetSail Pass". Instead, click "Exit and View Reservation". Then click "Check Status" under Cruise Documentation.

The printable luggage tag is not on the SetSail Pass page. You will receive eDocs, which are usually 30-40 pages long. One of the pages will be the luggage tag, which you can print as many copies as you need. There is no need to print out all the pages of the eDocs, because you do not need them at the pier. Read through them and print the page with luggage tag.

At the pier check in counter, you will need SetSail pass, passport or approved Gov ID and credit card for onboard expenses. Fold luggage tags wrap around handle and staple to secure it.

Thank you. This is an excellent explanation. What I'm seeing is way too short to wrap around a handle; totally unlike what I've seen on every other luggage tag I've printed.

Does RCI provide edocs directly, or does the travel agent? I'm feeling to stupid to live right now:confused: My only hope is that it has something to do with the guaranteed booking and a cabin change.

Thank you. This is an excellent explanation. What I'm seeing is way too short to wrap around a handle; totally unlike what I've seen on every other luggage tag I've printed.

Does RCI provide edocs directly, or does the travel agent? I'm feeling to stupid to live right now:confused: My only hope is that it has something to do with the guaranteed booking and a cabin change.

I was wondering about the docs as well, since we sail in four weeks and the set sail pass has been available for over a week, and they still dont seem to be available, wondering if they will go to my travel agent since I booked with one. the button online is set at electoronic doc delivery and will not let me change it to by post, is this normal?

buckirj1, you said you found them, does that mean you have your full electronic docs? or just the luggage tags, what happened to the simple days when tickets etc just arrived in the post!!!

Nancy

To save paper rather than printing the entire cruise documents, set up your printer to only print the page the luggage tag is on. I then cut out the tag, placed it back on the printer and by sliding it each time I copied I was able to print three tags on one 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.

Okay, just to make a lie out of my previous post, sent it, then went onto my rccl cruise page and there they were!! e-docs, just to check phoned my travel agent and she confirmed thats it, that will be all there is!

Have one objection though, my printer is only working on black and white at the moment, so I had to opt for the 'printer friendly version' fine but that means the luggage tags are in black and white, and on them it says best printed in colour. back on cruise doc page noticed a button with said request luggage tags so thats what I have done!!

Also small niggle, but when I looked at the 'full' brochure there are all sorts of things in it that are not in the printer friendly version, Friendly 11 pages, Full 37 pages, that is one lot of ink!! I know most of what is extra but, Am I being to picky!! but part of the excitement of the cruise was getting the Docs in the post, I know we should be saving resorces but!!

Nancy

When you get to the page that says E docs are available there are two options; view document and print document. If you check view document you get a different size than when you select print document.

At first I was confused too. Select the print document tab and go to the page with the tag. It should then be full sized.

The printable luggage tag will not be part of your Setsail Pass. It will be in your E-Docs when they are ready which they should be. The luggage tag will be one of the last pages to be printed.

No need to print all edocs to get your luggage tags. Just move to the page with the luggage tag and print that page.

I think on our last cruise the colours on the luggage tags was to help the porters or baggage handlers.

I not sure but think diffrent decks have diffrent colours,that maybe why they like them in colour.Personally anything that helps my bag get to the right place i all in favour of lol x

I think on our last cruise the colours on the luggage tags was to help the porters or baggage handlers.

I not sure but think diffrent decks have diffrent colours,that maybe why they like them in colour.Personally anything that helps my bag get to the right place i all in favour of lol x

OK when you select view document on the first page if you hit the printer icon at the bottom right that looks like the one that says "Select and Print Full Color" on the left of the docs you will get thumbnails of all 37 pages and you then can check only the ones you want to print.

Archived