Benefits of PH on Regatta

drewdie

This will be our first cruise with Oceania and we are booked on the Regatta in a PH. I know that we have access to the Canyon Ranch Spa deck, but are there any other benefits that we will have other than a more spacious room? Looking forward to trying Oceania out.

This will be our first cruise with Oceania and we are booked on the Regatta in a PH. I know that we have access to the Canyon Ranch Spa deck, but are there any other benefits that we will have other than a more spacious room? Looking forward to trying Oceania out.

IMHO the biggest benefit to sailing in a Penthouse is having a Butler, which allows access to course by course In-Suite dining, priority Specialty Restaurant Reservations and just a generally more swank cabin service.

I love the hot breakfast and the walk in closet..I am sure that each person in a pH likes different aspects of it!!

Jancruz1

There are no walk in closets in REgatta PHs however the space is the big draw for me. It's a well designed room and the bathroom is much larger as well with a tub/shower combo that is sufficiently roomy. I also like having the butler deliver my morning cappuccino. And you get two reservations per specialty restaurant instead of one (unlike on Marina/Riviera.)

There are no walk in closets in REgatta PHs however the space is the big draw for me. It's a well designed room and the bathroom is much larger as well with a tub/shower combo that is sufficiently roomy. I also like having the butler deliver my morning cappuccino. And you get two reservations per specialty restaurant instead of one (unlike on Marina/Riviera.)

Wow, caught me not reading carefully enough..since I am going on the Riviera in December that ship is all I am thinking about..

On Regatta, I love the breakfast, the intimate service and the butler..

Jancruz1

Question: We're currently in 7121 for the 21 day Ultimate Panama Canal on 8/22/13. I love aft cabin especially for this sailing. Also since this is a 21 day, we get 3 nights in each speciality. I'd love to have the extra space for such a long trip, but not sure about giving up that great location. I know everything is a tradeoff cut curious as to what others think. thanks!

Question: We're currently in 7121 for the 21 day Ultimate Panama Canal on 8/22/13. I love aft cabin especially for this sailing. Also since this is a 21 day, we get 3 nights in each speciality. I'd love to have the extra space for such a long trip, but not sure about giving up that great location. I know everything is a tradeoff cut curious as to what others think. thanks!

If you are asking if you should change you stateroom for a PH my answer is a big YES!!

Jancruz1

Absolutely, go for the PH. The extra space more than makes up for losing the aft view, IMHO. I have been in that cabin before - great view, but pretty small for such a long cruise.

Not to mention that in the PH you can order from any of the restaurants any night for in suite dining.

How do you mean "not mention"? :eek:

Some big Know it All already covered that in post number two

Oops, I missed that, but I did point out "any" restaurant. Some new to O might not realize that.

I guess my point was that although you only get a certain number of specialty reservations you can eat off their menus every night if you want to.

We sailed in PH on Regatta last month and it was amazing. We did have a little trouble with the first butler but Oceania sorted that out extremely fast (after reading comments I posted here while away!!).

If your butler tells you that you can't have room service that night because he needs a day's notice (yep, it happened to us)... go to the GM of the ship.

One of the wonderful benefits of a larger cabin was a cocktail party held in our room for my birthday - shared with others we had met on the roll call page. Our new butler was wonderful with this.

Other benefits? The bigger deck area, room to dine in your room, the bigger shower area (although if you are tall it might be an issue), and the cooked breakfast.

Archived