Need Help

wpsh5

Wonderful news..... I have won a trip to Hawaii and that includes hotel and flight for 7 days.

Problem, it is a very long flight (around 15 hours), so we have decided that we should stay for an additional 7 days.....so we are looking at the Norweigean Cruise so we can see all the islands.

Questions: Is this a good idea?

Should we take the cruise before or after our stay in Hololula?

Is there any other suggestions as to get a balcony cruise is will be around $4400.00 for the two of us.

Need to know ASAP please.

Thank you!

wpsh5

Oh wow! To win a cruise to Hawaii! How awesome! We toured Honolulu before the cruise and kinda glad we did..had a day or so rest before getting back out there where as we would not have if doing it at the end.

We did have a balcony, but never used it except for the first day. We spent all of our time out in the Islands and only used the ship to get us from port to port. Im so spoiled to balconies but this might be the only cruise I could consider an inside on..but, then again, maybe not!! LOL..you will love the cruise if you keep an open mind about it.

Im doing a land trip to Oahu in February, and cant wait to go! Enjoy your cruise/trip.

Yes certainly the NCL is excellent and a superb itinerary. IF of interest to you, you won't be disappointed. BUT, I suggest you look at the various ports and determine what activities would be your priority. IF there is other interests- to stay and tour one island, would be an excellent idea as well. Interisland flights are cheap and simple. I always go for at least three weeks, with the cruise in the middle.

Loved the cruise - great to see all the islands -highly recommend it. We loved it we had a balcony - loved waking up in the morning as we were just pulling into port, used it quite alot

Also great to see the Napali coast - we went on one of the decks to see one side and then went back to our cabin to see it from the other side when the ship turned around

To break up our flight from the East Coast, we spent the night to/from at LAX

Great idea to add the NCL cruise. I suggest you do the land stay after the cruise. The cruise is very port extensive and you are always on the go. You will need the land stay to rest up after the cruise.

NCL is a great way to get a taste of all the islands.

We usually book balcony cabins on cruises but on PoA we booked an obstructed ocean view cabin and it worked out fine, we did not really miss the balcony. We were either out in the ports or hanging out on the upper decks of the ship anyway.

Also great to see the Napali coast - we went on one of the decks to see one side and then went back to our cabin to see it from the other side when the ship turned around

This is far from common, usually only the port side has any significant viewing. Port side is always longer anyway. I have sailed NCL 8 times in Hawaii, including this year, and only one time did they do, maybe and hour of close up starboard sailing of the Na Pali coastline. All the others, had a "view" as it got further and further away, NO coastal sailing for the starboard side.

Thanks for your help......booked a NCL cruise March 9th.....only problem is we will be doing the cruise after our stay in Hololulu.......oh well, I am sure it will all be wonderful!:p

No problem at all. It doesn't matter when you do the cruise, just that you do it. :D

Archived