Allure of the Seas Balcony Sizes

Hey all-

FI and I are looking to book our Honeymoon cruise for next summer on Allure of the Seas. We are debating the Superior Ocean View with Large Balcony or Superior Ocean View with Balcony.

It states the difference in size being 3 square feet. I'm wondering if that means we would get lounge chairs on the large balcony. The difference is around $500 total, but if we don't get lounge chairs we would rather save that money for shore excursions and spa treatments. :)

I've only sailed Carnival and NCL (FI has never sailed), so any advice on Royal would be really appreciated as well.

Thanks!

I think that's a misprint on the RCCL website. Other sites list the D1 balcony at either 78 sq. ft. or 80 sq. ft. We had booked a D1 for our Oasis cruise in Feb. but decided for a number of reasons we would probably be better off in a JS.

Edit:

I don't think either D1 or JS have lounge chairs. You might be able to request a couple.

There is a thread here about lounge chairs on the balcony; you can run a search.

Quickly though, we did get one some years ago on Oasis but apparently they are no longer available to be brought to the regular balconies. Obviously, if one passsenger does it then all will want it. I'm sure they eventually just said "No" across the board.

The balcony cabin is nice, but if it's the lounger issue that is persuading you, take it out of the equation and see how you feel.

Archived