Time

titicaa8396

Define best. That can easily mean different things to different people. Personally, have been there about 20 times, in almost all months, there isn't anything resembling a bad time.

If you do some reading here, you will see the weather doesn't vary enough to really notice. There is no "low" season in Hawaii, just "shoulder" of September-later November, and April-May. The rest is high season.

Please do some reading on this board. There is lots of good info here.

Since you're not sure when you want to go, check out this website:

http://www.gohawaii.com/

You'll find information on just about everything Hawaii has to offer.

And, of course, check out the threads here on CC. Lots of good tips on cruising, places to go, and reviews from people who have already traveled to Hawaii.

Aloha

Hi Guys, Need to plan a trip with DH and 16 year old daughter as her birthday present. We live in the southeast, when is the best time to travel there?

IMO the best time is during the Humpback whale season, but if they are not a priority for you I would suggest a different time.

Since you are traveling with a teenager I assume you are deciding between Christmas break, spring breaK, and summer. I would avoid Christmas. It is the most expensive and most crowded time of year in Hawaii. Between April and summer i would choose whatever works best for your schedule because the weather will be about the same. It is warm and wonderful year round in Hawaii, that is why people love it. The days will be a little longer in summer than winter but there is only about an hour extra daylight in summer, not much difference there either.

No, spring break will not be cheaper than summer. In fact, December-April is high season. Summer should be somewhat less expensive than winter/spring.

The cheapest airfare I ever got from the West Coast to Hawaii was two years ago in the first half of May. We flew from LAX to Honolulu for $300 on Hawaiian Air. If your daughter gets out of school in May (I know they get out earlier on the East Coast), you might look into traveling in May prior to Memorial Day.

Archived