Question about med. cruises

DebBrown

We are booked on the Sunshine next August for a western med cruise. This itinerary has us leaving Barcelona and disembarking in Venice. The ship gets into Venice at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday and shows that it is there Saturday and Sunday. My question is, what time do you actually HAVE to disembark the ship? The only flights we can find leave Sunday morning. Has anyone done a similar itinerary?

We are doing (kind of) the opposite itinerary. We are starting in Venice and finishing the cruise in Barcelona. We overnight in Venice (embarking June 16th and sailing on Monday, June 17th). I would assume that you are overnight (on the ship) in Venice, as well. So you would probably be off the next morning by nine, or so. If you need exact times, call your PVP, if you have one, and get the recommended times for booking flights.

I just checked the itineraries for the Sunshine. Those itineraries that leave from Barcelona and end in Venice, all arrive in Venice at 1 PM and overnight there. You do not need to get off until the next morning and can spend the rest of the day exploring Venice.

We just took a similar itinerary on the Breeze this past summer. There are minimal formalities when you disembark. We hired a van service with others from our roll call. They picked us up at 8 AM. We were at the airport by 8:30 in plenty of time for our 11:30 flight.

Archived