I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

This was VERY good. I could’ve had a 2nd plate.

I also got The Beast's Potato and Sausage Casserole Soup, a hearty recipe with a touch of paprika.

ap12.jpg

Lisa got this too. From the description, we were expecting a potato soup. This was much more like a bean soup in taste and you had to really hunt to find anything that resembled a potato. Lisa is very picky and she was really surprised how much she liked it. I on the other hand didn’t care for it much, nor did many at our table. It was Ok, but not what we expected and I would not order it again.

Then our entrées started coming out.

Lisa got the oven baked fillet of salmon and potato. I think this one of those things on the basic every day menu.

ap13.jpg

ap15.jpg

I got the Peppercorn Crusted New York Strip.

ap16.jpg

But Raphael also brought out a few other main course dishes to try as well.

This is the fish. Baked Fillet of Turbot, Garlic smashed potatoes, sauteed fennel, and a light dill foam.

ap14.jpg

This was soooooo good. Many of us wished we had ordered it. We also sampled a few other items and they were all really good. But I was kicking myself for not getting that fish.

Soon it was time to order dessert.

ap17.jpg

ap18.jpg

Or so we thought. Raphael refused to let us order and said he was just going to bring us out something ….OK, I was worried, as I am picky with my dessert, and there was only one thing I really was eyeing on the menu.

He ended up bringing everyone out a Sweet Temptations trio. Miniature tasting of Cinderella's Lemon Cheesecake, Chilled Chocolate Souffle and Tiramisu.

Of those 3 items, I only liked the Chilled Chocolate Souffle.

ap19.jpg

I really loved that, and could’ve asked for another one, but honestly, I didn’t have much room left anyways. Chris has allergies, so she was limited to what she could eat. He brought her out a full sized one and she swore she wouldn’t like it. Well she did and not only licked the plate clean but had a second one as well. LOL.

He also brought out many other items to sample.

Princess Jasmine Banana Bread Pudding. Brioche bread pudding, caramel sauce and toasted macadamia nuts.

ap20.jpg

I have never had bread pudding before, so this was new to me. I actually liked it. Not my favorite thing, but it was still pretty darn good.

He also brought out Princess Aurora Sundae.

Rocky Road ice cream, topped with cookie crumbs, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

ap21.jpg

I didn’t even try this. I don’t like chocolate ice cream nor do I like rocky road.

I don’t even know if anyone had a bite. I think we just had too many other options and we were getting pretty full.

We had a fabulous time this evening. We really got to know Mary’s friends well this night. It was again like we had been old friends for a long time. We sat and talked and I think it was actually close to 10 when we left the dining room.

I was pretty tired today. I think we just pretty much chilled out in the room and went to bed.

I guess I needed another picture of the lamp.

room19.jpg

I think we both went out pretty fast this night.

Sept. 24, 2012, Day 4

Navigators of the day.

IMG1_0008.jpg

IMG1_0009.jpg

IMG1_0010.jpg

IMG1_0011.jpg

Today we woke up and decided we would do a load of laundry. Between the 2 of us we had a few items we wanted to wash and as sweaty as we had been over the past few days, it might be nice to have some extra back up clothing.

laundrybag.jpg

While we gathered our things I took a few pictures around the room again.

towelanimals.jpg

portshopping.jpg

breakfastbanana.jpg

breakfastcereal.jpg

We chatted and enjoyed the view once again. We then went back down to put the laundry in the dryer.

ironingboard.jpg

It was soon time to head to our character breakfast, something I did NOT want to miss.

I thought the menus were cute.

pc1.jpg

Brook, Carolyn and gang were there, but Mary and her gang did not show up. I don’t think we ever asked them why.

We weren’t seated too long and the characters had already arrived.

chipanddalebreakfast.jpg

mickey2-1.jpg

And evidently he was in a big hurry because he totally skipped Lisa and Carolyn.

While we waited …I looked up.

pc3.jpg

And then Dale come over. He was having a hard time looking in the right direction.

Hey Dale, look over here!

brookdaleandshelly.jpg

Hunh?

Over here!

dalebrookandshelly.jpg

No! This way!

shellybrookanddale.jpg

Much better!

shellydaleandbrook.jpg

Jen I hope you got to see the ventriloquist, Lynne Trefzger. I see by your Navigator that she was appearing. That has to be the funniest show I have ever seen. We laughed until we cried!

We did not, but by choice. We thought she was funny, but in the 1st night show she really dragged out the 2 or 3 characters she did and it got a little long for us. She was very good, but she did a baby thing...and that was really getting a bit annoying after a minute or 2, so we decided to skip it. I heard from some others who went though that her main show was excellent.

We started to eat and I noticed Mickey walk by on his way out. He had already made it through the whole room, probably because he was skipping half the tables. LOL. I quick told a CM walking by that Mickey had skipped half our table and they grabbed him and brought him back to get a picture with Lisa and Carolyn.

mickeyandlisa.jpg

carolynandmickey.jpg

And not long after that, Minnie arrived.

brookminnieandshelly.jpg

brookshellyandminnie.jpg

minniemeandsusan.jpg

minnieshusanandme.jpg

minniecarolynandlisa.jpg

minnielisa.jpg

byeminnie.jpg

tataminnie.jpg

We then worked on our meals while Luis did his best to make us all look like fools with our napkin hats.

He asked me if I had a preference and I told him “I want to be rich, do you got a hat for that?” And he gave me Minnie ears/bow because he said she was the richest lady he knew of.

We talked about plans for the day and I had decided I wanted to hit the 2nd animators drawing class.

Lisa was going to go and get our laundry and I would meet up with her later.

I made a bathroom stop in Beat Street and I guess I really was admiring the floor.

bathroomfloor.jpg

bathroomfloor2.jpg

I went into Diversions and looked for a seat. There were actually quite a few people in there. I wanted to be able to see well and the only table that was in a good spot had someone’s drawing from the class right before. I asked some others if that person was coming back and no one knew, but said she had been gone for quite a while now. They told me to just sit there and I could share the table if she came back.

She did come back eventually and seemed surprised to find me there. Then a little bit later more family members came in and she waved at them. We were at a VERY small table, so they really couldn’t join us and went to a table in the back. I kind of felt bad, but there was no way they all would’ve fit at this table even if I did move.

Our instructor was so nice. She was one of the dancers from the sail away party and she chatted a lot with us and told us how hot this weather was compared to being in NY just a week prior.

She also told us that she was NOT an artist at all. She said another girl usually does the classes and a few weeks back had gotten sick, so Disney asked her if she could draw and she promptly told them no, and they said “Great, here are some books to look at and you can teach the class will be tomorrow.” LOL!

She said she really does enjoy this now and her and the other girl take turns teaching now.

artclass1.jpg

artclass2.jpg

If you haven’t guessed yet, we drew Pluto.

artclass3.jpg

And here is my version of Pluto.

mypluto.jpg

I was actually pretty proud of it, as I have no artist skills at all.

My table partner offered to take a picture of me and my masterpiece.

mypluto2.jpg

I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone. I am heading off to Disney tomorrow Morning and I won't be updating again till I get back in about 2 weeks. I hope you continue to follow me then. I have so much more to share about this wonderful cruise!!!

I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone. I am heading off to Disney tomorrow Morning and I won't be updating again till I get back in about 2 weeks. I hope you continue to follow me then. I have so much more to share about this wonderful cruise!!!

Have a great time! I'm sailing today and was hoping there would be another installment or two when I got home, but I guess I can wait ;)

Have a great time! I'm sailing today and was hoping there would be another installment or two when I got home, but I guess I can wait ;)

I wish I could, but in about an hour and 1/2 I'l lbe hitting the road to drive to my sisters who will be driving me to the airport tomorrow morning.

Have a great trip. I look forward to the rest of the review upon your return.

Thanks. I can't wait to share the rest of it.

Archived