Please need advice from Deck 2 or 3 OV cruisers!

Hey all! So, I'm trying to book 3 cabins myself for a family cruise in Feb. I'm looking at the Liberty or the Explorer. We're looking at OV cabins because the prices can't be beat! The problem is I'm finding mostly deck 2 rooms, which I'm sure is fine. But it looks like many are right next to the theater and the ice skating rink. I really don't want my poor parents to be bothered by noise. My dad is a vet and loud sudden noises really bother him. I'm looking at the deck plan and it seems that there is no hallway, just a centrum, or a big place for people to congregate right outside of the stateroom doors. :confused: Is this the case? I searched all over the site and found someone saying that 2270ish is right near a pantry and you were woken by servers filling ice buckets at 7am. Can anyone give me some good advice here? It's looking like we could cruise for only $1700 a stateroom if this is a decent room pick! I'm open to all advice :) The ones available are:

lb_deck02_v12-13_dpl.gif

Hi.

We have done OV on Explorer on both deck 2 and deck 3 and have never been bothered with noise. I can't remember what room number we had but I do remember we were a bit concerned on deck 3 that there might be noise from the disco. When it came down to it, we never heard a thing and that was actually quite a good choice because that particular hallway is a dead end, so no through traffic, only people going to their rooms.

Hope this helps.

With very few exceptions (tied to making guarantee cabin purchases), I ALWAYS book an OV cabin on deck 2 or 3. I find the lower decks quieter and they're always less expensive. Yes, you have to take the elevator to reach the pool and Windjammer buffet, but you're close to the main dining room and gangway.

Of the available cabins you listed, I'd probably go for 2350, 2250 or 2656. Those are mid-ship and not too close to Studio B (which can be loud at times). I prefer mid-ship so as not to get the movement you can get forward or aft.

If you were booking a Radiance Class ship, I'd suggest paying the small up-charge to be on Deck 3, because the Deck 2 cabins have smaller windows. However, on a Voyager Class ship, Deck 2 versus Deck 3 is really no difference.

ENJOY!!

If motion sickness is not an issue, I'd book cabins close to the elevator and conference center without a second thought. Just make sure you'll have cabins above you on deck 3, not something noisy like a bar or a restaurant.

Oh wow, thank you so much everyone! I was kind of hoping there would be a hallway separating the stateroom doors from the large area at the front of the screening rooms...

About motion sickness - I get bad motion sickness so I'll be on dramamine the whole time. But for other members of our party that don't know if the get sick - would it really be sickness inducing to be in 2560 or 2264? I'd hate for their trip to be ruined by it (it's so severe for me, it would be hell to feel that on a ship). At first I was a bit bummed that we were going for OV because I'm used to having a hump balcony on the 8 or 9 deck lol, so I was being a balcony snob! But now hearing from other people that enjoy the OV deck 2 cabins - I'm excited!

One more question, does the Liberty or Explorer deck 2 have picture windows or just portholes?

I seem to remember that although they are picture windows they are round in shape and the ones on deck 2 were slightly smaller than on deck 3. But definitely not portholes. (Please, if I'm remembering this wrong, feel free someone to correct me.) This is Explorer by the way; I've never been on Liberty.

Archived