LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

All of Deck 4, the lowest level of the Centrum, is all seating area outside the main entrance to the MDR. There is a Pianist and Violinist there every evening and lots of waiters wandering around taking drink orders.

It is very pleasant and relaxed.

Hi Jim! I have been following your journey since day 1 back in WPB. I am enjoying your photos, commentary and distinctive easy going point of view. How about more pics of Judith. She has a wonderful smile!

smooth seas and sunny sky's! Kevin

I have taken several but she disapproved them all for posting. I will try again.

Speaking of coffee-Trainman don't you have coffee/tea service in your JS? Just wondering if you have tried making coffee or is it just too much trouble? I sort of like the idea of having the makings there in case I wake up earlier than I ordered my room service coffee.

Have a great day! And thanks for sharing with us.

Hi Trainman......you're the best!

I started with a list of questions and many have been answered over the course of this thread. Here is what I have left on my list -

1) MDR - have read somewhere about a buffet lay-out for breakfast, is this true, in addition to the regular menu?

2) MDR - is there a charge for espresso drinks?

3) Room Service - any chance you can post a pic?

4) Formal Nights - how up/down did the majority dress?

5) TV - how were the tv selections in the staterooms? Reception?

Thanks a bunch!

Hi Trainman......you're the best!

I started with a list of questions and many have been answered over the course of this thread. Here is what I have left on my list -

1) MDR - have read somewhere about a buffet lay-out for breakfast, is this true, in addition to the regular menu?

2) MDR - is there a charge for espresso drinks?

3) Room Service - any chance you can post a pic?

4) Formal Nights - how up/down did the majority dress?

5) TV - how were the tv selections in the staterooms? Reception?

Thanks a bunch!

Just in case Jim can't answer, I can help with question number one....

the MDR breakfast has a small buffet set with fruits, pastry rolls, cereals,

oatmeal plus a few other things and you can still order off the menu too.

Have you ever had the salad bar that is only on sea days in the MDR? It is fantastic!!! Plus if you want you can get both the salad and something off the menu.

Attention Evil Smokers!

Always bring plenty of extra lighters on long cruises!

Don't ask me how I know that this is important.

Utoh... Hope you didn't have to ask them to spark up the toaster in the Windjammer to get a light!!!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Breakfast buffet was on Voyager last year and Mariner this Jan in the MDR in addition to the traditional menu.

Tutti (meaning fresh) salad in the MDR lunch during sea days is fabulous. Lots of choices and it's made fresh in front of you, tossed with your favorite dressing. Some ingredients; asparagus, shrimp, chicken, all sorts of fresh veggies. You can also order from the regular menu. We're sold!

Room service is limited. Maybe Trainman can post a picture of the menu?

We made the mistake of having the tutti salad in the MDR one day and ordered a delicious steak sandwich to share... Assumed it was going to be a shaved philly cheesesteak sandwich but it came as a whole strip loin in a bun with cheese, peppers etc... mmmmm It came with another salad lol. WAY more food than necessary!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Edited by Beth C

Breakfast buffet was on Voyager last year and Mariner this Jan in the MDR in addition to the traditional menu.

Tutti (meaning fresh) salad in the MDR lunch during sea days is fabulous. Lots of choices and it's made fresh in front of you, tossed with your favorite dressing. Some ingredients; asparagus, shrimp, chicken, all sorts of fresh veggies. You can also order from the regular menu. We're sold!

Room service is limited. Maybe Trainman can post a picture of the menu?

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie....thanks to your description, I am now starving!!!! ;) :D

Anyone who has not tried the Tutti salad...its a MUST!!!

Attention Evil Smokers!

Always bring plenty of extra lighters on long cruises!

Don't ask me how I know that this is important.

The only place close to the head of the pier with lighters was the Liqueur Store. They had four, now they have none!

IMG_1798.jpg

They had chocolate covered bananas in the Windjammer. I have never seen them before.

IMG_1727.jpg

Another nice breakfast. We got new Omelette cooks after San Diego and I am still trying to convince them to Saute the "stuff" first before adding the eggs.

IMG_1729.jpg

They back the buses for the excursions out on to the pier to pick up the "Excursionistas" but once the buses are gone, a nice tram starts hauling people back and forth to shore.

IMG_1750.jpg

The sand it brownish volcanic sand and as a result, the water and the waves appear to be dirty. But it is nothing more than fine sand being churned up. There is a lot of driftwood on the beach.

IMG_1752.jpg

Hi Trainman. I have been enjoying your trip. My DH & I and other friends are on this trip from Ft Lauderdale in March 2013. I have learned so much from you. Thank You. Can you tell me if any of your friends on board visited Isla de Tortuga today while in Puntarenas? If so, can you tell me how they went about booking a tour and who they used? RCCL doesn't seem to offer this trip and it seems to me to be a great day. Catamaran to a white sand and clear blue water beach, nice lunch and very relaxing.

Oh I can't wait!