C&A Question??

jetboy

I am a Diamond member and taking my partner on his first cruise in January on the Freedom. Is it true if he joins C&A before we depart he will be able to go to the Diamond lounge on board?? We do live together so have the same address?

From what I understand is that you can't join the C&A until you have completed your first cruise. So he can't do it until the next cruise.

I will wait and let some more experience members speak up.

I am a Diamond member and taking my partner on his first cruise in January on the Freedom. Is it true if he joins C&A before we depart he will be able to go to the Diamond lounge on board?? We do live together so have the same address?

Your partner can not join C&A until he is on the ship. See the Loyalty Ambassador once on board. Their hours will be listed in your Daily Cruise Compass.

As far as his joining you the the DL, that will be up to the Diamond Concierge.

as has been said the soonest he can join is once on board.

access to the lounge will be up to the concierge and all you can do is ask once on board.

If you two are sharing a cabin, you may bring him as your guest. That is what I was told when my husband and I went. I was a different level then he was at the time. This may have changed, but that's the info I have.

If you two are sharing a cabin, you may bring him as your guest. That is what I was told when my husband and I went. I was a different level then he was at the time. This may have changed, but that's the info I have.

That is because you are married and the highest level in the household is shared by each spouse no matter which spouse has it. This is nothing new.

The OP has a much different situation, even though they are sharing a cabin. One person in the cabin is Diamond while the other person is going on their first RCI cruise and is not yet a member of C&A.

My guess on the face of it is no, but as others have indicated it would be up to the DL concierge to make the final call, so definately ask on board.

Jetboy

I would be surprised if any concierge would deny access to a partner. Cabin mate, perhaps: but partner, not likely.

Enjoy

They still have the household policy going. I enrolled my mother-in-law the other day online. She is going on her second cruise with us, so I thought I would make sure she had a coupon booklet in her cabin waiting for her. She would be thrilled to get it (89 years old, so a Great Depression kid).

Anyway, same last name and I used our address because we receive a lot of her mail so she doesn't get overwhelmed and confused by too many complicated things to read.

RCCL's system automatically assigned her as D+ since that was our status.

So, different last name but same address, and cohabiting: the OP's partner may get assigned his status automatically after his first cruise. We signed up our then future daughter-in-law several years ago on the Indy. She had one previous RCCL cruise, and they immediately assigned her my son's status of Diamond.

Jetboy

I would be surprised if any concierge would deny access to a partner. Cabin mate, perhaps: but partner, not likely.

Enjoy

I agree with you. Since they live at the same address, I believe they will be treated equally as any other couple once the first cruise partner has signed up on board. Any good loyalty ambassador will see to it.

Gina

We leave next Sunday on Freedom. My daughter is Platinum and my son in law has never cruised. Will she be able to get a Platinum coupon booklet for him once on board?

Probably not, depends on the LA. I'd have the son-in-law join C&A while on board, and maybe the LA will give him a coupon book.

Archived