Princess = A; NCL = F

Bimmer babe

Sailed on Norwegian Pearl Pacific Coastal 9-23 til 9-28. It was the first time on NCL and it will be the last. No trays in buffet, corkage fees ($15 per 750 ml bottle) for wine you bring on the ship, tiny BA category balcony room and tiny bathroom, no zumba or line dancing classes, no washers/dryers, muster station practice without even bringing life jackets. :eek:

Too bad you didn't find this section of CC prior to sailing. An hour or two worth of reading here and you would have known all of this prior to booking your NCL cruise.

Have fun on your future Princess cruises. NCL is not for everyone.

The Pearl has self service laundry on decks 10, 9 and 5 I think. I did a load on an Alaskan cruise since it was 75 degrees and we planned for 50. I had to wait my turn and it took precious time from my day but the option is there if you want it. Knock yourself out. I am glad it's there but won't plan on doing laundry on a cruise - that can wait until we are home!

It's too bad that your not a seasoned cruiser or you would have found all this info on here prior to booking, therefore no sympathy.

With 9 posts in three years just shows your lack of using all the info that is available to you online.

I sure hope you don't buy cars and houses using the same technique.

Happy sailing!

The Pearl has self service laundry on decks 10, 9 and 5 I think. I did a load on an Alaskan cruise since it was 75 degrees and we planned for 50. I had to wait my turn and it took precious time from my day but the option is there if you want it. Knock yourself out. I am glad it's there but won't plan on doing laundry on a cruise - that can wait until we are home!

None of NCL ships have self laundry and haven't for a couple years now.

OP drives BMW and is snobby:eek:

We have a friend that almost exclusivly sails Princess and would never think about an NCL cruise.

I know others that are Loyal to Royal and wont sail NCL or CCL

Just some people dont know how to relax and enjoy a cruise

BTW my GF drives a BMW so I was only joking

Erm, I drive a BMW, but I know enough not to call it a Bimmer! It's a Beemer as any intelligent owner knows!!

Having done the Pacific Coast intinerary on the Pearl, and having also sailed on the Pearl to Alaska, I cannot imagine anyone having a bad time on that ship. The crew are exceptionally friendly, and how often does one get to sail underneath the Golden Gate Bridge? :)

OP: your cruise is what you make of it. Why complain about trays in the buffet when you can eat every meal in the MDR? (They actually bring your food to you. ;)) Why bother paying corkage when you can just purchase wine on the ship? Why do your own laundry when you can stuff it all in a bag and have it reappear magically cleaned and pressed the next day?

I'm anxious to sail Princess someday soon (2014?) to the British Isles. I hope I make a better effort to understand how Princess does things beforehand so that I don't spend the whole trip wondering why Princess doesn't do things the Norwegian Way. :p

Good grief. A little research is all thats needed. I've been researching NCL a lot since the Epic set sail. Everything I've read about so far is more a like then differrent from what I know. I plan to cruise on Epic one of these days.

They usually have wash and fold service on the ships.....

I would not judge a cruise line or even a ship from a 5 day repo cruise. I was on the Pearl in AK and they did have Zumba classes as well as dance lessons every day or so.

In 2002and 3 we mustered with jackets next to the lifeboat we were supposed to use. Our next cruise in 06 we met inside and were shown how to use the lifejacket and what to do in case of an emergency - the same was true with our last cruise. Cruise lines do not have any say in how these drills are done - that is part of SOLA and the US Coast Guard regulations. BTW all ships have extra life vests stored around evey muster station in addition to the ones in the room.

Frankly I am glad you won't be on NCL again - more room for those of us who like NCL.:D

Yes, Princess needs to get with it as no other cruseline i've sailed in the past few years has you dragging your life jacket to muster drills anymore.

Both lines have beautiful (but different style) ships and I like both a lot.

I like that Princess has launderettes. Wish NCL would put theirs back.

Wrong, and completely doesn't count! The site is Canadian!!!

It is Canadian, but that's just because it's the first one that popped up.

Us motorcycle guys don't like car folks stealing our nicknames!

http://jalopnik.com/139926/bimmer-vs-beamer-the-answer

http://forums.motortrend.com/70/6337606/the-general-forum/bimmer-vs-beemer-do-you-know-the-difference/index.html

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/reference/bimmer-beemer.aspx

:p:D

They usually have wash and fold service on the ships.....

^

|

Agree 100%

Let's see - spend valuable vacation time washing, drying, folding clothes, or put a crowbar in your wallet and pay $25 for a bag of laundry to be washed, dried, ironed, and folded for you, then delivered right to your stateroom.

I'm not not made of money, but that is $25 well spent! I don't go on a cruise every two years to sit on a chair watching my clothes spin. I prefer to be on my balcony or on the ship's balcony watching the waves roll by. YMMV.

Originally Posted by BurtonRiderT6

. . . Life Jackets? Carry it, in fact you should just wear it at all times because with your attitude you might need it if someone is having a bad day and you're within reach.

I really should not have chuckled at this.

But I fully admit I did let out a loud laugh. :o

You and me both and also the DH when I read it to him.:D

I have to admit I liked the Princess alcohol policy. I appreciated being treated like an adult. After Disney, Carnival and Royal Car. I did like the Princess mini cabin layout and I liked the ship decor. They look like floating hotels, but inside is really, really nice. Looks like NCl Jewel next for me since we pick itineraries over ships...we'll see. You don't need a tray in the buffet on Princess because the wait staff helps you find a table, brings you your drink, your silverware and napkin and clears your plates when you go for desert and they have plenty of anytime dining rooms and I like all "that" so I'll find out if the OP has a legit gripe.

OP's posted 5 one liners in three years and now this...

In that spirit... This review = Inconsequential. The responses = Funny.

Norwegian has free laundry service... Lido deck pool, just hop in, get out, shake, then stand on the bow doing the Titanic.

Archived