Princess = A; NCL = F

Bimmer babe

You don't need lessons for line dancing.

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about.

Oh wait, never mind.

OMG!!! Can't stop laughing!!! Plus, I can't get the Hokey Pokey Song out of my head now!!! hahahahahahahaha

Sailed on Norwegian Pearl Pacific Coastal 9-23 til 9-28. It was the first time on NCL and it will be the last. No trays in buffet, corkage fees ($15 per 750 ml bottle) for wine you bring on the ship, tiny BA category balcony room and tiny bathroom, no zumba or line dancing classes, no washers/dryers, muster station practice without even bringing life jackets. :eek:

I love NCL, not one problem just fun, fun, and great service. We all have choices, enjoy Princess.:D

It's really nice to post your personal opinions and have 99% of people make fun of you and consider your opinions irrelevant and wrong--niiiice.

Oh and Bimmer is the car.

In all honesty I am not trying to be sarcastic but what did you expect by posting what you did and in the negative tone that you posted it on the Norwegian Board where everyone or at least almost everyone is a Big Fan of NCL. Of course if you posted this over on Princess Board you would have a lot more applauding your comment.

I personally prefer HAL as my number one cruise line but find NCL to be a very close second. Actually Princess to me just rates a step above RCI which is at the bottom for me. Everyone has different likes and dislikes but by coming in to the Norwegian Board complaining about very minor things will get the regulars defending their favorite line. I think maybe if you would have come in with stating things that you did like and give a bit of a balanced post you would have had a few more people defending you and not get everyone jumping all over you.

Sailed on Norwegian Pearl Pacific Coastal 9-23 til 9-28. It was the first time on NCL and it will be the last. No trays in buffet, corkage fees ($15 per 750 ml bottle) for wine you bring on the ship, tiny BA category balcony room and tiny bathroom, no zumba or line dancing classes, no washers/dryers, muster station practice without even bringing life jackets. :eek:

If that's all you had to complain about, you should of cruised in your Bimmer.

Ok's time....

wambulance.jpg.dd00e5a9d4f4494e42402bd4e8ac90b7.jpg

It's really nice to post your personal opinions and have 99% of people make fun of you and consider your opinions irrelevant and wrong--niiiice.

I thought about this. I also thought about the comments that in 5 years she has posted a dozen one liners. I don't understand why the number of posts lends any quality to her comment.

But, She threw rocks at the hornet's nest. If this post were made in the Princess category or the New Cruiser Category, I'd agree, chastising her is in poor taste. Making a group of trivial, and borderline incorrect negative statements in the NCL Board is looking for a fight.

:popcorn:mmmmm...

I thought about this. I also thought about the comments that in 5 years she has posted a dozen one liners. I don't understand why the number of posts lends any quality to her comment.

But, She threw rocks at the hornet's nest. If this post were made in the Princess category or the New Cruiser Category, I'd agree, chastising her is in poor taste. Making a group of trivial, and borderline incorrect negative statements in the NCL Board is looking for a fight.

:popcorn:mmmmm...

True dat.

FYI, most BMW owners call them Beemers, not Bimmers! Too funny!!!:rolleyes:

Cruise with whomever you like, as far as 99% making fun of you, perhaps that is telling you something?

Bimmer: you come onto a NCL

Board where loyalists hang out. You give NCL a failing grade of F. You are 100% negative. What was your expectation?

Sorry NCL didn't meet your needs. Lucky for me your list and my cruise criteria are night and day.

Perhaps you did not do enough research before your cruise or you would have forewarned and made other plans.

Erm, I drive a BMW, but I know enough not to call it a Bimmer! It's a Beemer as any intelligent owner knows!!

I apologize for de-railing the thread but in this one instance the OP is correct.

A BMW Motorcycle is a Beemer.

A BMW Car is a Bimmer.

http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and-trivia/bimmer.html

Don't you just hate it when intended insults backfire?

ROFLMAO-1.gif

I have only this ....... HHHHhaaaaaaaaahahahah ....

That fact that this thread has gone this long from the OP's obvious hook.

Stop , smile , and grab that sign that says "kick me" off your back.

P.S I'll cruise NCL over Princess any day..

( still chuklin ) :p You guy's..

FYI, most BMW owners call them Beemers, not Bimmers! Too funny!!!:rolleyes:

Cruise with whomever you like, as far as 99% making fun of you, perhaps that is telling you something?

My GF calls it a Beemer her Mechanic calls it a Bimmer. I call it an Import;)

^

|

Agree 100%

Let's see - spend valuable vacation time washing, drying, folding clothes, or put a crowbar in your wallet and pay $25 for a bag of laundry to be washed, dried, ironed, and folded for you, then delivered right to your stateroom.

I'm not not made of money, but that is $25 well spent! I don't go on a cruise every two years to sit on a chair watching my clothes spin. I prefer to be on my balcony or on the ship's balcony watching the waves roll by. YMMV.

After complaining about a $15 corkage fee, do you really think she's going to fork over $25 for laundry?? Gotta save money for those car payments!:D

Sailed on Norwegian Pearl Pacific Coastal 9-23 til 9-28. It was the first timae on NCL and it will be the last. No trays in buffet, corkage fees ($15 per 750 ml bottle) for wine you bring on the ship, tiny BA category balcony room and tiny bathroom, no zumba or line dancing classes, no washers/dryers, muster station practice without even bringing life jackets. :eek:

Let me say something here: apparently you haven't cruised Princess for awhile: they too have not trays, we were on them about 6 months ago, plus what the heck? Why does that make such a huge difference? As for the cabins, we have sailed both lines a number of times: the cabins are similar in size with NCL having much nicer bathrooms. What Princess ships have you sailed? Obviously not the same as some of us..Muster drill: how nice it is to get this exercise over asap and still have some idea what is expected. Zamba dancing, our last Princess cruise was very port intensive so there were almost no ship acitivites. The only argument that should make any real difference to anyone that is being objective would be the washer/dryer issue. You can cruise all you want on any line, like the rest of us. Each line has a nictch; Princess certainly has their loyal clients, but your arguments are simply nit picking...Anyone who gives :Princess an A and any line an F is totally not being objective...I wonder why the OP bothered to post?

You don't need lessons for line dancing.

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about.

Oh wait, never mind.

OK, that seriously wins my vote for the funniest post EVER!!! (still wiping the tears from my face)

Buh-bye. You won't be missed.

Erm, I drive a BMW, but I know enough not to call it a Bimmer! It's a Beemer as any intelligent owner knows!!

We drive BMWs and we love NCL. They don't have trays sitting out but I just asked for one. I wanted to surprise my husband with some breakfast in bed and there ws no way I could carry plates and glasses and silverware. I asked for a tray and it wasn't an issue. And yes I could get off my ____ to get another plate but I wasn't about to walk from one end of ship and up 3 levels and make 3 trips! :P

I get double chuckles out of this because Bimmer did post this on Princess board and before I could toss my match into the fire, one of the mods moved it over here !!!!

Mod must like to see the fire build up, too !!!!

Actually, I did see her thread on the Princess board with a "moved" arrow, so I clicked just to see where it was sent. So maybe the OP's intentions was to let people know over there about the differences, not necessarily to complain to NCL fans.

For us, the self-service laundries are a necessity as we're trying to do longer cruises (and even our one-week ones are often paired with a land trip). One of our family members is allergic to regular laundry detergent, so we can't send her items to the ship's laundry service (plus many of hers and mine shirts need to be dried on low or aired dried). Just explaining why some passengers want the option to do their own laundry. It's not always about saving money.

My hubby will save the tray that's in the cabin (holding the cans and bottles of beverages) and use that in the mornings to get his women a lovely tray of breakfast goodies from the buffet -- so we can sleep in. My daughter loves the Belgian waffles and I enjoy the fresh fruit.

Okay, returning back to "where I belong."

Sorry those that believe otherwise, it IS "bimmer", not "beamer".

bimmerboard.com

bimmerforums.com

Often the motorcycles are referred to as beamers, but never the car. Oh, and you believe me you don't have to have money to own them. Any of you can buy my 740il for $5k :)

Having gotten that out of the way...what a hoot this thread is. :)

I can carry my plate just fine trays are unhygenic

Don't drink wine so don't care

I find the room big enough for us but we are British and don't have acres of space at home either.

Bathroom is big enough to do what is needed

Zumba? No thanks

Line Dancing? Wasn't interested when it was all the rage and don't want to learn now

I don't do laundry when I am away from home. I bring enough clothes or get the ship to wash them. Happy to pay and relax

You don't need to take lifejackets anymore since the rules all changed.

NCL is not the cruiseline for you just like Princess probably would not suit us. ALL cruiselines have little differences some are deal breakers and some are not.

Sorry those that believe otherwise, it IS "bimmer", not "beamer".

bimmerboard.com

bimmerforums.com

Often the motorcycles are referred to as beamers, but never the car. Oh, and you believe me you don't have to have money to own them. Any of you can buy my 740il for $5k :)

Having gotten that out of the way...what a hoot this thread is. :)

We call them Beamers in the UK....

If you want to choose your cruise line because of no trays (which is becoming the norm), corkage fee (again, not an unusual practice), no dance classes (meh), size of rooms (they are what they are), no washers/dryers (I am not doing laundry on vacation and neither is DW), and no life jackets at the muster drill (again, becoming the norm) then of course you can, but obviously your concerns are not shared by everyone.

Not to mention the fact that each and every one of these issues are things you could have found out about by doing research before your cruise, if they are so important to you that they would ruin your cruise.

Our first two cruise were on Princess. Was even upgraded to a penthouse at no charge. On the second cruise I did laundry twice. Watching the dryer spin was more exciting than anything on board. It was plain and simple the most boring cruise ever. NCL has been our cruiseline ever since.

Archived