Princess = A; NCL = F

Bimmer babe

We drive BMWs and we love NCL. They don't have trays sitting out but I just asked for one. I wanted to surprise my husband with some breakfast in bed and there ws no way I could carry plates and glasses and silverware. I asked for a tray and it wasn't an issue. And yes I could get off my ____ to get another plate but I wasn't about to walk from one end of ship and up 3 levels and make 3 trips! :P

We're talking about trays in the BUFFET not "create your own room service via the buffet."

Check out the unknown super power here --> Click me

Hey, if the OP didn't like NCL, that's fine. Not everyone can like them and I'm happy not everyone does.

However, if he/she was trying to sell me on Princess, that was a horrid pitch for the line....let me see, "OH! I must try Princess because I just have to bring my vest to muster!"

Seriously????

The day they stopped having you bring the jackets (and I was under the impression all lines had stopped that practice at this point) was a very happy day for me. I thought going back to your cabin to retrieve them was absolute insanity to be honest.

Sailed on Norwegian Pearl Pacific Coastal 9-23 til 9-28. It was the first time on NCL and it will be the last. No trays in buffet, corkage fees ($15 per 750 ml bottle) for wine you bring on the ship, tiny BA category balcony room and tiny bathroom, no zumba or line dancing classes, no washers/dryers, muster station practice without even bringing life jackets. :eek:

Did they have a place for your car?

All the drama aside about how the OP let these small items impact cruise enjoyment......

I think we get told "all the mass market lines are more alike than different," so it would be easy for someone to assume certain things like a self-serve washer and dryer onboard are "usual" for all the lines (and well, they were at one time). I said easy. Not smart.

My new signature line is going to be: Reseach your travels or have zero expectations. Those are your choices.

This was entertaining.

Doing away wth trays mean you need to be less lazy. Get a plate if you're still hungry then get off your _____ and go get something else. Bad mouth a company for doing away with trays so people like you can't load up a tray with food just to have you turn around and eat 1/4th of it.

No laundry? Of course there is laundry, you have a shower and a towel rack, knock yourself out.

Life Jackets? Carry it, in fact you should just wear it at all times because with your attitude you might need it if someone is having a bad day and you're within reach.

Great answer....

We are elite on Princess, just got off the Star last week. From what I have read between Princess and NCL, not a lot of difference. Anyone who cruises and pays attention to differences between lines, would know NCL is stricker on the corking fees. The size of the cabin really depends on what cabin you book. Entertainment varies between lines and cruises. So would suggest you check out reviews in the future before you book.

We have not been on NCL in 10 years. Will try it again on the Jade next April in the Mediterranean. Did see that the cruise price is cheaper on NCL compared to Princess, HAL and Cunard which we have also done in that area. So there are also always trade offs.

All the drama aside about how the OP let these small items impact cruise enjoyment......

I think we get told "all the mass market lines are more alike than different," so it would be easy for someone to assume certain things like a self-serve washer and dryer onboard are "usual" for all the lines (and well, they were at one time). I said easy. Not smart.

My new signature line is going to be: Reseach your travels or have zero expectations. Those are your choices.

good response. They are still more alike than different, but of course, each has its own little quirks that some don't like and each line has a plus, not offered on another line.

It's really nice to post your personal opinions and have 99% of people make fun of you and consider your opinions irrelevant and wrong--niiiice.

Oh and Bimmer is the car.

Maybe if your opinion were based on fact you wouldn't have the 99% negative feedback. I am not here to put you down, but you did make statements that were totally untrue: the tray for example, as well as the cabin size compared to Princess. if you found the size to be so different you were sailing a very different catagory. We have been on the Emerald, the Golden and 2 other Princess cruises: the cabins were about the same size: yes, the Emerald balc cabins are abut 20 ft bigger than the Pearl cabins but the outside cabins on NCL are larger than on the Golden.We have had inside, outside and balcony. They are all very small in my opinion. The bathrooms on NcL ships are usually nicer than some lines. This is the reason you are getting so much negative feedback, it isn't because your opinion is negative. And really think about it? Unless your Princess cruise was your first cruise, which usually is the one we love the most, can you really give any cruise an A and any other than F unless somthing went terrible wrong

BTW, If I understand you right from another postiing, you are sailing the Emerald soon right? If so, that is the cruise we took last fall. It is a wonderful cruise, but a little too port intensive. Have a good time, it appears Princess is more your style...

Ok. We sailed 5 times on Princess and going on our 5th cruise on NCL. (and many times on other lines, although less than on these two)

Some things are better on Princess, some on NCL. But we found both to be very enjoyable.

Princess does offer better food in free venues. We love Princess buffets, but Blue Lagoon on NCL is great.

NCL has smaller regular rooms, but has better showers. Princess offers better shampoo/conditioner/lotion

Entertainment is great on both (large and smaller scale). Princess often brings local performers on board ( Venice orchestra, Danish folk group, Puerto Rican flamenco guitarist and dancers), NCL has unbelievable great circus.

Princess has MUTS on most of it's ships, mini-golf and better pools set up. We were impressed with NCL's heated pools (out of NYC)

Main point is... you can compare two line to death, but atmosphere is great on both lines!

P.S. English is not my mother tongue so errors are possible. :D

Erm, I drive a BMW, but I know enough not to call it a Bimmer! It's a Beemer as any intelligent owner knows!!

Sorry Gandalf - a Beemer is a BWM motorcycle. A BMW car is a Bimmer. Maybe bimmerbabe isn't the dumb blonde you thought...

Lines are mostly similar, but they all have their nuances. Do your research to find out the differences - and no excuses if you're on Cruise Critic! That's just beyond lazy!

We cruise different lines all the time. Our 2 favorites are NCL and Celebrity, while Princess was our least favorite. Even on Princess, there were things I really liked. Out of 8 cruises on different lines, I'd never give any of them an F. When a poster does that, they lose all credibility.

Sailed on Norwegian Pearl Pacific Coastal 9-23 til 9-28. It was the first time on NCL and it will be the last. No trays in buffet, corkage fees ($15 per 750 ml bottle) for wine you bring on the ship, tiny BA category balcony room and tiny bathroom, no zumba or line dancing classes, no washers/dryers, muster station practice without even bringing life jackets. :eek:

Pearl happens to be our favorite ship. Sorry you didn't give her more of your time. Enjoy your Princess cruises :cool::D:)

We call them Beamers here too. My brother and his wife have driven them for years. The first time I've heard the word Bimmer was in his thread. It's a BEE MW, why would it be called a Bimmer?

Oh well, we have fights in our house about the Mawzda you get in the States vs the Mahzda you get it Canada (my husband's American).

Oh ya,and NCL rules and Princess drools. (not really, I loved my Tahiti-Hawaii on Princess, but I haven't been back yet!)

Would an admin please close this thread. It has digressed miserably.

If the OP wants to walk around in a life jacket, do laundry with vacation time and not pay a cork fee (except in a DR as we do not do), then he is free to do so on another line. We, however, just remain free. :D

Thanks,

Cherie

This was entertaining.

Doing away wth trays mean you need to be less lazy. Get a plate if you're still hungry then get off your _____ and go get something else. Bad mouth a company for doing away with trays so people like you can't load up a tray with food just to have you turn around and eat 1/4th of it.

No laundry? Of course there is laundry, you have a shower and a towel rack, knock yourself out.

Life Jackets? Carry it, in fact you should just wear it at all times because with your attitude you might need it if someone is having a bad day and you're within reach.

*hugs you* :D

Would an admin please close this thread. It has digressed miserably.

If the OP wants to walk around in a life jacket, do laundry with vacation time and not pay a cork fee (except in a DR as we do not do), then he is free to do so on another line. We, however, just remain free. :D

Thanks,

Cherie

Would you just stop reading it? It's called socializing, if you do not wish to partake then go ahead and hit alt+left arrow or alt+F4 and have a pleasant day.

Archived