Princess = A; NCL = F

Bimmer babe

Sailed on Norwegian Pearl Pacific Coastal 9-23 til 9-28. It was the first time on NCL and it will be the last. No trays in buffet, corkage fees ($15 per 750 ml bottle) for wine you bring on the ship, tiny BA category balcony room and tiny bathroom, no zumba or line dancing classes, no washers/dryers, muster station practice without even bringing life jackets. :eek:

wow! unbelievable what people will rate a cruise on. This is nit-picking at its best or should I say worst!

NCL does not stand a chance with this type of cruiser!!! Good riddance.

Costa and Carnival require life vest for muster drill. HAL does not.

Costa, Carnial, HAL and Princess provide trays.

Carnival and Princess have washers and dryers.

Just a slight correction on your information, HAL has not had Trays in the Lido in close to 2 years, although it was rumored that one ship had them recently not confirmed if this is in fact going fleet wide to return trays but I rather doubt it.

HAL also has self serve laundry on the Prinsendam, all of the 4 S Class Ships and the 4 R Class ships. Only the 4 Vista Class ships and the two Signature Ships that do not have Self Laundry. So 9 out of 15 HAL ships have Self Laundry.

My last cruise on Princess was a few years ago but to my knowledge they still do not have trays instead they have a very large platter for plates that serve as a tray much like all of the buffets in Las Vegas not one single buffet in the City of Buffets has trays that I am aware of or at least none of the well known popular ones.

This was entertaining.

Doing away wth trays mean you need to be less lazy. Get a plate if you're still hungry then get off your _____ and go get something else. Bad mouth a company for doing away with trays so people like you can't load up a tray with food just to have you turn around and eat 1/4th of it.

No laundry? Of course there is laundry, you have a shower and a towel rack, knock yourself out.

Life Jackets? Carry it, in fact you should just wear it at all times because with your attitude you might need it if someone is having a bad day and you're within reach.

Hahahahaha....Thats funny! Did anyone notice that OP was on a 5 day cruise....*** (why the face) Who needs to do LAUNDRY on a five day cruise. As for the trays yeah it cuts down on lots of shameful waste of food!

Hahahahaha....Thats funny! Did anyone notice that OP was on a 5 day cruise....*** (why the face) Who needs to do LAUNDRY on a five day cruise. As for the trays yeah it cuts down on lots of shameful waste of food!

A family of 7 driving from Vermont to Miami for a 4 day cruise- yeah, we had laundry to do;) (but we used the laundry bag special, no way were we doing it ourselves:D).

Costa and Carnival require life vest for muster drill. HAL does not.

Costa, Carnial, HAL and Princess provide trays.

Carnival and Princess have washers and dryers.

Nope Princess has big plates instead of trays since I remember cruising with this company.

This has been an enjoyable read on a stormy Hurricane day! It is a vacation......trays?!? Love not wearing a jacket but will admit to very funny photo ops in mine!

Vacation is no worry time certain not to focus on trivia of trays :)

Before going on CCL I read continually how CCL's cabins are so much more bigger than NCL's. I'm thinking that people saying that are comparing the Majesty's cabins with the current CCL fleet:cool:.

But the person I responded to made such a big stick over 6 and 8 square feet. My response was while it may appear significant on paper, it is not much more than being one foot wider. Do folks choose cruise lines over a foot wider cabin? I look at price and itinerary, not whether a cabin is one foot wider.

As for the laundry room, others have responded properly. Who does laundry while on vacation? Can the laundry wait until you get home? All the ships have a laundry/cleaner service. Let them do the work for 20-40 dollars for a few items. Golly the cruise is probably running thousands of dollars, another forty isn't going to bankrupt you.

Archived