Room choice on Jewel

I am looking to book our first cruise, we have decided on the Jewel Of The Sea. My question is about the room #9078. I see it has a large balcony and is close to the elevators. I am suprised this room is still available. Am I missing something I should know before I book this? Please help! Any suggestions or info. would be appreciated. :confused:

While the balcony is bigger, I, personally, would not want a cabin that close to the elevators. There will be a lot of foot traffic, noise, and conversation outside your room. I know the elevator is not "RIGHTTHERE", but it's a little too close for comfort, for me.

Obviously, JMHO.

I don't know about the particular cabin. However, I respectfully disagree with Langley Cruisers. We stayed in a cabin on deck 3 of Brilliance, 1st cabin when we got off the elevator. There was no excessive noise and we would book that cabin again. Location near the elevators is very convenient.

You will love the Jewel. It is my favorite ship so far.

I am looking to book our first cruise, we have decided on the Jewel Of The Sea. My question is about the room #9078. I see it has a large balcony and is close to the elevators. I am suprised this room is still available. Am I missing something I should know before I book this? Please help! Any suggestions or info. would be appreciated. :confused:

It's a great balcony! Maybe Karen wanted it. ;) Here is a photo of 9092, which is the mirror image on the other side of the elevator LOBBY. :D:)

http://www.herbytoys.com/Vaca_Images/SOTS_Alaska%20109.JPG

Thank you to all who commented on my question. We booked the room and I am sure it will be great for us.We are looking forward to our first cruise!

This board has provided us with so much information it made our decision to book this cruise so much easier.

Thank you

I wouldn't be worried about the location and extra noise...it's actually a very convenient location....however try to find pix of the balcony....you either will love it or hate it....the length of it creates a tunnel effect that some including myself do not like.

We love having our cabins close to the elevators. Never have we had a problem with noise. We are doing a B2B on Jewel in May and we booked a hump on Deck 8. Love walking out of the cabin and into the common area and the elevator is right there.

With it being a hump - I would have also grabbed it in a minute. You will like it. On the Radiance Class, unless you have a Hump or a far front balcony, you will see life boats when you look down. With the hump, you can see straight down to the water and have a great view right/left. Been on Radiance and many times on Serenade and always get the hump balconies.

While the balcony is bigger, I, personally, would not want a cabin that close to the elevators. There will be a lot of foot traffic, noise, and conversation outside your room. I know the elevator is not "RIGHTTHERE", but it's a little too close for comfort, for me.

Obviously, JMHO.

I've never had a bad experience being close to an elevator. In my case on jewel I was 5 rooms down from that room and it was great. Go for the room. Now, I avoid cruises in the summer when kids are out so I don't get the racing down the hall problem.

Archived