Today, I was my own upgrade fairy.

rle1982

I am super excited, I watch for my price drops like a hawk and we have gotten about $250 in OBC so far, but I was disapointed because the last several times I have looked for price drops, my cabin category has not been available.

I thought that meant no more ES benefits for me. I would have been happy with the $250.00, but when I looked today I saw that for the same price as I my now discounted 8C cabin, I could get an 8M Aft balcony. It's not an aft wrap, but it is aft, and a larger cabin, AND we moved from deck 5 to deck 6! We sail in 53 days and I can't hardly contain myself.

Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying their evening!!:)

I am super excited, I watch for my price drops like a hawk and we have gotten about $250 in OBC so far, but I was disapointed because the last several times I have looked for price drops, my cabin category has not been available.

I thought that meant no more ES benefits for me. I would have been happy with the $250.00, but when I looked today I saw that for the same price as I my now discounted 8C cabin, I could get an 8M Aft balcony. It's not an aft wrap, but it is aft, and a larger cabin, AND we moved from deck 5 to deck 6! We sail in 53 days and I can't hardly contain myself.

How do you check for price drops? Do you check thru Carnival? I've never had a price drop and maybe its because I haven't checked before. Hmmmm Maybe I need to check into this.:rolleyes:

How do you check for price drops? Do you check thru Carnival? I've never had a price drop and maybe its because I haven't checked before. Hmmmm Maybe I need to check into this.:rolleyes:

Check using this link http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer/ - and remember, that price is before the taxes.

If you see a lower price, use this form http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx to submit for OBC if you've booked Early Saver. If you booked any other rate, you are only eligible for a reduction in your fare until final payment.

Good luck!

Check using this link http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer/ - and remember, that price is before the taxes.

If you see a lower price, use this form http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx to submit for OBC if you've booked Early Saver. If you booked any other rate, you are only eligible for a reduction in your fare until final payment.

Good luck!

Thank you for the help! I will check it out daily...;)

I did that on our April TA - went from a std balcony to an aft! I know we will get much more use on the aft during the TA. Can't wait - surprising DH!

I have a big mouth, I alredy told DH, I was too excited!

I hope you wouldnt be dissapointed if you find out the cabin is the same size and not bigger on the 8M ... unless its some special layout .. the cabins are pretty much standard 185 s.f. on all regular balconys.. the balcony part will be about double deep. I could go look up the balcony size on the 8Ms.. but just talking generally.

Still nice.

Well I think you have to have booked Early Saver, to be eligible....and you can go to Carnival's website and in the search box at the top right type in "fare viewer" you have to know your base rate, and cabin category....

if i am mis-speaking or leaving anything out, I hope someone will correct me, as I am not really a seasoned cruiser...

I hope you wouldnt be dissapointed if you find out the cabin is the same size and not bigger on the 8M ... unless its some special layout .. the cabins are pretty much standard 185 s.f. on all regular balconys.. the balcony part will be about double deep. I could go look up the balcony size on the 8Ms.. but just talking generally.

Still nice.

I mis-typed, Yeah I know the room is the same size, I meant the bigger baclony. I guess I was just too excited to proof read lol.

Anyway, thanks everyone for sharing my enthusiasm. Happy cruising.

I know exactly how you feel, rle1982, you can't stop thinking about it and you're so excited. Well, about a week ago I was also my own upgrade fairy for our Pride sailing the end of this month. I hadn't gotten any price drops on my balcony cabin that I booked ES in January. So, as I was seeing price drops in other categories, I decided to play fairy and upgraded to an extended aft balcony also. Yay to us!!!!! Enjoy your aft, I know I'll enjoy mine.

Still being on a happy high from my own VERY recent upgrade (Verandah OB to Upper Grand Suite), I can rejoice in your victory, also!! :)

That's awesome. I can't afford a suite, but maybe one day....or maybe one day I can get a good deal on an upgrade for one....

I know exactly how you feel, rle1982, you can't stop thinking about it and you're so excited. Well, about a week ago I was also my own upgrade fairy for our Pride sailing the end of this month. I hadn't gotten any price drops on my balcony cabin that I booked ES in January. So, as I was seeing price drops in other categories, I decided to play fairy and upgraded to an extended aft balcony also. Yay to us!!!!! Enjoy your aft, I know I'll enjoy mine.

I hope you'll come back and share your experience! We are on Cabin 6333, what about you?

lol you sound like me, I can't keep a secret for 5 min ;)

Enjoy your cruise, I think you did well with the cabin!!!

It wasn't really meant to be a secret, but in afterthought, it would have been a cool surprise for him when we boarded.

Oh well it's gonna be AMAZING!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!

Because of your Thread I double checked the Carnival Site and just got a reduction[OMC] of $120.00!!!:D:D Not bad I say!!:D

Thanks again- one of the many reasons I love CC!!!

I also sail in 53 days... what ship will you be on?

First off- I am still pleased that I got a price reduction but i will say I have some questions???

I got a confirmation from Carnival today that I got a $78.00 drop in price. Last night I was told I had a price drop of $120.00!!!:confused:

I called Carnival tonight to ask why I didn't get the higher amount and she said that I DID get the $120.00 but the Federal Tax changed since I booked in Aug. and because of that it lowered that to $78.

Can someone explain this - because the woman I was talking to just kept saying " That's just the way it is- that's just the way it is"!!!

This is the first time I have used "Early Saver" and I kind of feel ripped off now...

I just want to understand - if someone wants to jump in...???

Archived