A question about luggage tags applied by the port staff

misha1

Good morning everyone, we changed our cabin selection last week and sail next week. Therefore,too late to request luggage tags identifying our stateroom. So, I know they (as in the folks who help you with your checked bags) will apply paper tags, right? In an effort to NOT lose those identifying tags in the luggage shuffle, what have you done to prevent your luggage tags from falling off and, ultimately, not receiving your luggage in a timley manner...or at all? Thanks in advance, Julie

Good morning everyone, we changed our cabin selection last week and sail next week. Therefore,too late to request luggage tags identifying our stateroom. So, I know they (as in the folks who help you with your checked bags) will apply paper tags, right? In an effort to NOT lose those identifying tags in the luggage shuffle, what have you done to prevent your luggage tags from falling off and, ultimately, not receiving your luggage in a timley manner...or at all? Thanks in advance, Julie

The baggage handlers at the pier will attach a tags if you need them.

You can purchase on line luggage label holders specifically for cruises. Just do a google search. Then you could place the label in that to keep it from ripping.

I don't know about the labels they give you at the docks, but the labels they gave us to put on at the end of the cruise were not good at all. We had to go down to customer relations to get more as they just tore straight off the case as we were attaching them. That is why we have purchased the holders this year.

For those from the UK, you can now get them from Cruise Gift Store, just google again.

We have only ever used the luggage tags at the varying piers on over 25 cruises in the last 7 years and never once had a problem with them being torn, coming off or our luggage going astray. They are pretty sturdy and quite similar to the ones you may get in the mail - they are just blank. You can always ask for extra and put one on each handle on your cases, just in case.

Enjoy your cruise!

I've never done anything and I've never had any issues with our luggage not being delivered. In my experience the blank luggage tags used at the pier are nearly identical in construction to the pre-printed tags we've received for most cruises.

Archived